1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post game loss complaint thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Ratbirds, KC & Rams look legit. Don’t worry about the cheaters they won’t get past KC or Buffalo.

But yeah I’m not tuning into to hear those guys blow those teams and talk mad crap on ours, worst is we deserve it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

It wouldn’t be as bad if we could just run the ball down peoples throats, but it seems like we are worse at that now too.

3. steel_upper_lip

steel_upper_lip Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    but you can rely on Davis drawing a flag for steaming into her while she’s sitting on the sidelines having a cup of tea and a bit of cake

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Cam Heyward best start playing like the leader he thinks he is. He was weak on that 4th and 1. Game over. Pathetic. Weak.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the defense can come around.....IF the offense can sustain some drives. 45 yards total offense in the first half, or whatever it was.... putrid. Time of possession was horrible. Offense needs to give the defense a break and keep other offenses off the field and cold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Delusion #1: I dunno, ‘Scribe. I think people knew JJSS would get a LOT more of defenses’ attention, which is never a good thing.

Delusions #2 & 3: Completely agree.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People knew Smith-Schuster would get a lot more attention, but they argued that he would be fine stepping into Brown's old role. So far, his production has dropped off and he was way too easy for the Patriots to take away. Being the focus of the opposing defense has slowed him down considerably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is EXACTLY how I feel. Butler is horrible.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Reminds me of a cartoon character “wrong way peach fuzz”.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree.

What I would like to add is that anyone that wasn't blurred by hatred for AB had to know that this offense wasn't going to be nearly as productive without him. However, if the team was better taught and coached, I think it would have been a safe assumption that this teamed might have clawed it's way in to the playoffs as a wild card. With Ben now lost for the season and very likely his career, all bets are probably off anyway.

Generally speaking, I would be considered a Tomlin guy, but in retrospect, I don't think he has the chops to coach up a marginally talented squad. The front seven of the defense appears to have an adequate amount of talent to keep this team competitive but, they have a stiff as a defensive coordinator. Us spoiled fans could be in for some lean years.

11. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yep and it's frustrating as hell

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The league changing or the Steelers not up to speed with the changes?

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh there was definitely a fair share of blurred vision about the loss of AB....

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I would say they are at least a DC firing and maybe a HC firing away from being up to speed. A STs firing wouldn’t hurt either.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I know you want change steeldeal but is it wise to do it before 2021? Do we need to start the rebuild now? Popcorn did have them in the Seattle game. If he does lose the locker room, the players spoke. I'm not big on Tomlin either but haven't found anyone that would fair much better.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Think people are jumping the gun on JuJu drawing conclusions in two games, one against the Pats who regularly shut down teams best weapons and a game with Ben playing hurt and for only one half. Ben was hurt in NE for that matter plus JuJu had one of the best CB on him plus I'm sure was drawing shade coverage.

Now he has a down grade at QB. I think Mason can play but don't be surprised to see JuJu struggle to find his way.

17. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don’t know that he’s ever really had to. If losing Ben is the shove in the back that a Tomlin needed and he starts actually coaching guys up ... heads are gonna explode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    One thing that Tomlin needs to realize is that you have to replace assistants somewhat regularly. Cowher did it all the time and it eventually worked out, although getting a franchise QB put him over the top. But he also had no sympathy for terrible defense either. I think Tomlin is the kinda guy that wants to be friends with everybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think my problem with Tomlin is I don’t see the change in our preparation and motivation we’ve been promised. I have my suspicions that let’s say some of our guys talk a bigger game then they were/are prepared to deliver. I have a problem with all the changes we were promised that I don’t notice....yet. I certainly have a problem with the DC and it’s nothing new. It’s been a problem for years and nothing is being done about it. Is that on Tomlin? I don’t know but I would like to think the HC of a NFL team should have some say when things are this bad and like I said it’s not like it’s a new problem. So is Tomlin handcuffed or just blindly loyal ? Either way I expect the HC to be able to hire and fire his staff. It seems to me that Tomlin is incapable of making the necessary changes to fix our problems.

Some may argue but he doesn’t seem to be a X and O guy at all.. So that means he has to surround himself with very good coordinators. Our DC is horrendous and we’re about to find out about our OC soon. I always believe the buck should stop with the HC. If your coordinators aren’t doing their jobs and one clearly isn’t ,it’s up to the HC to make the necessary changes. We’ve been waiting years to get rid of Butler. Yet he’s still here. If Tomlin don’t have that power or is too blind to do it ,either way it’s probably time to find someone who can be trusted to improve the performance of his team.

I know you don’t make change just to make change but sometimes the message and the voice no longer resonates.
    This team has seemingly taken on the personality of its HC and not in a good way. Lots of talk and not much action.
    They promise more focus and motivation and don’t deliver. There’s very little accountability and consequences. Is it possible the players on defense realize Butler is incompetent as a DC and Tomlin isn’t doing anything about it? We’ve been talking about 8 first rounders. We can’t do something with that? Players are saying the right things execution etc....Communication is still a problem though . Maybe Tomlin doesn’t have the power he should and the players see that as well. There’s no fear of consequences. I guess in a nutshell I’m of the belief that the HC is ultimately responsible for his teams success. When something needs to be fixed it’s their job to fix it or find someone that will.

Also....had them in the Seattle game? That was a game they needed to win.We can’t be a team with championship aspirations coming of a embarrassing loss ,we had months to prepare for and just hope to be “in” a game against a team that’s not very good traveling cross country. Again we didn’t look like a team that as properly prepared and again our DC looked inept and nothing is being done to fix it. They abused our D in the 2nd half and once again we couldn’t do anything about it. Tomlin should of snatched that play sheet from Butlers hands and made the calls himself.
    If he’s isn’t capable of either then it might be time to find someone who is...

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh my friend Clive . He’s had ample opportunity to “coach up” the guys on defense. I don’t think it’s as easy as flipping a switch. If it was we wouldn’t be bemoaning this defense for the last 3-4 years

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I haven't seen the Seattle game yet, but was concerned about the team just quitting after the NE drubbing.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well if that happened that would be the ultimate nail in the coffin for Tomlin

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Deservingly so. I'm still upset about the fg & not being ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    3 games if you count Cincy last season (I'm not jumping the gun, just pointing that out).