1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Donte Moncrief what do you do???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 16, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I mean I think you should just cut bait right now and take the salary cap hit. I just don’t know how you continue to play this guy and give him chances after the drops he has had the last two weeks. I’d rather resign Eli Rogers or even activate Tevin Jones off the practice squad and use Johnny Holton some more. At least he is fast and gets open. I just don’t see how he plays moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Moncrief is actually a good WR when healthy.

I would sit him because it’s obvious his hand injury is an issue. Make him inactive for a few weeks and activate Justin Layne.

Time to open the playbook and actually look for JW, Holton, and D. Johnson as WR and keep feeding McDonald & Samuels.

JuJu May be #1 but without other valid weapons he will be doubled and restricted.

Cajun

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Whys this even a question. Bye Felicia

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Broken fingers on WR become troublesome.

Remember Sammie Coates, he had a break out game vs the Jets years ago. But, then messed up one of his fingers bad late in the game.

He was never the same after that, and now is out of football.

But in regards to Montcrief it has to be the broken finger, he says it's not.
    The problem isn't that he can't get open, problem is the broken finger from keeping him from catching it.

Needs to be inactive until it heals, play the guys who don't have a broken finger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Moncrief needs to be put on IR and have his season officially end. His drops against the Pats didn't lose the game but they did cost the Steelers a chance to at least be fairly competitive in the game.
    His big drop yesterday was at least a 10 point swing in the Seahawks favor in a game the Steelers lost by 2.

6. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think it is a dislocated finger, isn't it? Which is generally not as bad... At least from my experience. But obviously, neither is ideal for a WR.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Put him in as a safety, he is great at batting balls down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and that our coaches aren't THAT BAD at picking up players....but DAMN. If the guy is injured, sit his ass down.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Throw him in the Allegheny River and see if his hands are really made of Mon-crete or he’s just having a rough spell.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree with those who say he should go on IR if he's injured. Moncrief is not the only disappointing player on the roster... there's many more.