1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The end of an era may be near

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 16, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    95C2801E-B8E2-442B-A7CD-A9DAB1687AC5.jpeg

I make fun of him but I am legitimately sad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We all knew it had to end at some point. I am pulling for Rudolph, but it is just not the same seeing him under center. If Ben misses significant time this season, my guess is that we will also have a new coach for 2020.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Finally!!!!!! Just shows how Ben slows everything down to the same old. Rudolph brought new life to the offence

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s looking more and more like it might be Tommy John surgery from what everybody is saying. I still think based on the way Rudolph played yesterday that I wouldn’t completely write the season off. I think Rudolph is good enough to win games and at least keep the Steelers in the race. I think the next 4 games are key. You gotta go 3-1 against the Niners Bengals Ravens and Chargers and 2 of those 3 wins better be against both Cincy and Baltimore. If they can go into the bye week at 3-3 with the Dolphins coming up after the bye week at home and being 2-0 in the division they still will have a chance at least. I’m convinced they can win games with Rudolph though if he has to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yea I Dnt want BB to go, But it looks like the writting migh be on the wall , ..If he goes Take TOMLIN with him!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Yawwwwwnnn

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember the post Bradshaw era well. Let's hope if we're in a similar situation, that we don't go through that again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slim504

Slim504 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2019
    That might be the case considering how bad the draft picks have been for the last few years.Ive never seen a steelers team since Ive been a fan with such lackluster Linebackers.And for w/e reason this staff seems incapable of finding a decent safety.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    When it happen I looked at my wife and said Rudolf is going to do to Ben what Ben did to Maddox.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This current team is not talented enough even with a prime healthy ben to do anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep... I've been saying this for a few years now, we are still a few drafts, FA acquisitions and coaching changes away from competing for a Super Bowl again. This roster is inferior to over half of the AFC teams' rosters, IMO.

I stand by 7-9... and hope it doesn't get worse than that.

Keep Rudolph, JuJu, DeCastro, Haden, Nelson and Watt.... and a few of the younger WRs, OLs and RBs, scrap the rest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    coaching is the biggest downfall. Costs us about 2 games each year. This is a 9-7 team with good coaching but yeah 6-10 or 7-9 currently

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I still think based on the way Rudolph played yesterday that I wouldn’t completely write the season off. I think Rudolph is good enough to win games and at least keep the Steelers in the race. Are you forgetting the lousy defense? Mason is good but would he be good enough in his first year as a starter to compensate for this terrible defense. No one should ever criticize a post say Cobert's draft picks on whole are poor. Can't be the coaches!!!! :roflmao:

I’m convinced they can win games with Rudolph though if he has to play. I agree!!! Just not enough games particularly the better teams such anyone over .500.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is better than Mason and he cant win a SB with this team. Im team Rudolph though

16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That sucks for Ben. Seeing him clutching his elbow reminded me of the end of Bradshaw’s career.

Its got to help if Rudolph can just keep the offense on the field longer to let the defense catch its breath.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    After Bradshaw we were saddled with the likes of Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone. Mason Rudolph is a big step up from that if the Ben era is indeed over.

18. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    if it's Mason from here..at least we have him for 2 more years under rookie contract...... even if Ben quits..leaves..whatever we'd have a dead cap nightmare..43 mil... and his 2020 salary 8.5 mil is guaranteed for injury

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp it's over. Ben no longer has elite talent around him.

20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    If Ben requires Tommy John its hard to imagine him putting in all the work needed to come back. Not at his age with all the bank he's already made. For who? For wh
    I'm not going to make any judgments after two and a half quarters. Guys like Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassell, Brock Osweiler etc. looked great for more than half of a season before their shortcomings became obvious. The league will adjust and find your weaknesses.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If he needs TJ surgery, that could be a 2 year recovery period. At least a year. If he needs TJ surgery, he's done.

I like Rudolph though. He's definitely starting QB material, so it's not like the Steelers are searching, they just need to develop. If Ben is done, I think there's a very quick turnaround at the QB position.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Been thinking about a new handle there for you BBH: "MachoMasonManCrush". Whatcha think? Has a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi about it for sure. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    While MR doesn't have the talent around him like BB did when he stumbled off the bench his rookie season, they both lost their first relief game so now the sky's the limit. I love harmonic convergences.........fourteen...........and...........two...........???? Why not? Would be Art imitating life. Provided the Art doesn't have the last name of Burns. :rolleyes:

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well fellas Ben is out for the year. Season crumbled before it began

F1A89646-F854-4BBE-BE3A-7F1CC7960BB6.png

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    There's a whole new level of expectation now.
    But I'll be honest, Im excited to get a look at the future.
    It sucks that this season will be lost, but let's see what we've got going forward.
    I can't wait.

• Like Like x 3