1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers need to pull trigger on Fitzpatrick trade.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well we have seen how bad our safety play has been for two games.
    Steelers really need to make a serious offer to Dolphins which should include
    packaging some players to possibly off set the #1 draft choice the Dolphins are
    looking for in return. Bud, Switzer, Chick, Moncrief, Sean Davis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t mind the idea of making a play for Fitzpatrick , but we can’t trade away two of our top three outside linebackers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why do people keep thinking other teams want the Steelers' rejects? Nobody would want Moncrief now. He has a decent-size contract and he sucks. Dupree isn't really much better. He's the one who had a shot at Russell on the third-and-16 scramble that set up the game-clinching run on fourth down. As usual, he is just missing on the big plays the team needs. Also, his contract is up after the season. The Dolphins aren't trading for a guy in that situation. They are tanking this season.

Chickillo is a scrub who made a killer mistake yesterday. Switzer is useless. The only guy you mentioned who might have a little value is Davis, but why would the Dolphins want a guy whose contract is up at the end of the season when they are tanking?

Offering a first-round pick makes sense, but the rest of your options do not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As far as I'm concerned, they can trade Chickillo for a warm six pack right now, but I doubt anybody is going to want him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It is so funny how fans want to trade away all of our ****ty players for a legit stud. As if other teams would ever accept that. Hilarious

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I would love to get Fitzpatrick in here and I do think offering our 1st and Davis, if his injury isn't serious, would get the trade done.

I'm just concerned if Ben and Conner are out long term, do we want to be parting with our 1st round pick? Could end up being a higher pick than we thought 24 hours ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Chickillo should have never made the team, he is slow, takes bad angles and cant tackle.....yes he likes to run to the pile after someone else makes a tackle so he gets in camera view but he doesnt make any plays. On the Penny TD run, he missed so bad that the running back and the quaterback ran past him on the outside where he was supposed to have containment. He was in for a handful of plays giving Watt a breather and he gave up the play that put us behind. Also Ola Adenyi is slow lacks push and seemed lost out there when he was giving Bud a breather. For the life of me I have no idea what people are seeing in these guys!! Are you infatuated with the cool nicknames or what? We had a linebacker that wanted to play so bad he made the team as an UDFA, we let him go, we have another kid who wants to play but we arent giving him a chance. At this point our LB play is so bad, put them out there, lets see if they sink or swim. Right now this team is bad, they are poorly coached, have bad schemes that dont work anymore , its time for change!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t trust this staff to pick someone good anyways. Probably pick up a hybrid qb who can also punt and play WR

• Like Like x 1
  9. RBloodworth1

RBloodworth1 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Oh, for ****’s sake...

Let’s wait until we know how bad Ben’s and Conner’s injuries are (IMO, both are likely to be season-ending) before we trade our first-round draft pick for Ryan ****ing Fitz-tragic. I mean, really? Contrary to popular Yinzer opinion, we don’t know what we really have in Mason Rudolph. If the worst comes to happen, we can use this year to see what he can do. If he’s bad, we can use the high draft pick to draft Justin Herbert, or even Tua, if he falls past the Dolphins. If he’s good, we’ll still have a decent draft pick, which we can use to draft another needed piece.

10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Well, if you're tanking then what better way to do that then to pick up some other team's dregs that have little or no contractual obligations beyond this year?

Our rejects' value is that they have no value.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Trade? For Fitzpatrick? RYAN Fitzpatrick??????

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Frizpatrick is garbage , he's a Dobbs .... hot and cold...mostly cold

13. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Dirty red for him straight up. Special teams ACE on a great special teams unit , Hall of fame instincts trapped in a slow mans body. Man the Phins would be getting a steal !!

14. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    The safety guys not the QB lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    And this is why I want to smack my head off a wall with some folks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RBloodworth1

RBloodworth1 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    If we need to pick up an extra QB if Ben is out, Cardale Jones is available for nothing.

EDIT- Never mind; he’s with Seattle.

17. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, we do need help and Fitzpatrick is an important part of the answer.

Dolphins want picks, not mid-caliber players.

Give them 2020 1st, 2020 5th
    If that doesn't work, give a 2021 conditional too.

If the scenario of a trade involving players is available, Edmunds would be the odd man out.
    Edmunds and a 1st for Fitzpatrick and a 3rd?

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The issue currently is Sean Davis' shoulder. Who knows how bad that shoulder is at present?! Among the two safeties, I'd rather see Sean Davis go as he is who he is. Way too soon to concede on a year two player in Terrell.

That PI call on Terrell was no doubt correct. In addition, he has been consistently inconsistent with his tackling. That being said, he still has time to develop. What he needs is a viable partner.

Sean Davis is not the answer. Minkah is. Time for an upgrade.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ummmmmm.......Minkah Fitzpatrick

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No not Ryan

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Are we sure the Steelers aren't tanking too?

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Thank God!! You see Fitzpatrick and Dolphins in the same sentence and he's the one you think of.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you suggesting they include Davis in an offer for Fitzpatrick? Why would the Dolphins trade for Davis? They are tanking this season and his contract is going to be up. It would make no sense to trade for a guy who won't help them past this season.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Did the Steelers pull the trigger on a trade for our savior yet?

[​IMG]
    :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:;+);+);+):):):):D:D:D:lollmao::lollmao::lollmao:

• Like Like x 1