1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Put the heat on AB to settle from my perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s what I’m thinking.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I like the point someone had brought up earlier that its possible the timing was done because his character and behavior has made it more believable then when he had only a few minor brushes with the law and he has the hardest working receiver in the NFL. The risk reward(not money but closure) over filing complaints against someone who is a superstar vs a great player on a meltdown caused by his own demons is that she says something too early and they don't believe her and much like AB's baby momma who was shoved out the door she is painted as a gold digging, money grabbing liar which for an abuse victims can be worse than the assault. So the timing might be that now her story is more credible knowing what we know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The PR nightmare for the league is going to be interesting as this moves on. The investigation into Hill, Hunt, Rice, Elliot and so on has been slow and methodical with guys getting suspensions for conduct the tarnishes the shield while not having criminal charges. This happened rather quickly and a swift decision made to allow him to play. If women's activist groups take up the case it is going to appear as though the league was paying lip service to zero tolerance on domestic violence and sexual assault while lining their pockets with the revenue these star players generate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    My thought exactly, also the helmet company cancelled their deal with AB . I cant believe Pizza hut and Pepsi has not done the same

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hate the prick but must admit I am interested in tomorrows game against the Fins. I won't get to watch it but at least for one game I think he'll act normal.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    After the drubbing by the Ratbirds last week could be in for a field day.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Your problem now Belichick. Get used to dealing with this All.The.Time.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    As long as he remains good on the field, Belicheck won't care. BB already tried to blame the media for AB's problems.

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
  12. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
  14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Not sure what it means, but it is peculiar and against NFL rules.

As far as Brown being suspended, I think it's all but certain he gets at least a few games for optics if for nothing else.

IF they interview both and their investigation thinks that she's bat-**** crazy and digging for money, they're still going to have to do something. Imagine if they DONT, the case goes to court and he loses? The NFL will have then refused to suspend a player who has been found to be responsible for raping a woman. Bad PR. Very very bad look.

That's why IMO, they need to put him on the exempt list until the whole thing is resolved, then issue their punishment.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Patriots not following by the rules imagine that? Idk man I have zero faith in the league doing the right thing anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    How did he do that?

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    In one of his first interviews after getting Brown, he basically compared Brown to Moss saying well you guys said the same things about him too (attitude issues, etc) and he worked out fine. Something along those lines.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    yea i saw that thought there was somthing i missed

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We can all at least agree that the Steelers' offense is significantly weakened by the loss of Brown, right? That seemed to be in dispute through much of this discussion, but the Steelers are a mess at receiver right now. Smith-Schuster is far easier for defenses to take away now and none of the others guys are good enough to be a No. 3 right now, much less a No. 2.

People insisted the team would be fine with Moncrief and Washington stepping up. Moncrief is a disaster and Washington has been relatively quiet. Switzer is doing very little and Holton looks like the new Heyward-Bay. He nearly makes a big play here and there, but really gets very little done.

Johnson has made a couple of plays, but he also had a drop yesterday and he's a long way from being a consistent contributor.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is tough to dismiss so many stories. At the very least, he is a terrible human being, but that shouldn't surprise anybody at this point. Then again, there is plenty of evidence that Roethlisberger is no better, or at least hasn't been any better in the past. James Harrison assaulted the mother of his child and got away with it because she refused to press charges. There are plenty of others just in the Steelers' team history alone.

The Patriots have to see this by now, yet there he was playing Sunday.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I told ya the dope should've paid the woman.
    Sooooooo much **** is going to come out about him and be made public that the NFL will have no choice to hammer him. There you have it already, multiple police reports of him acting angrily and violently toward women. And we've only just begun. If dummy continues to fight and go to court, it's going to get even worse. But as it stands now, given the NFLs questionable handling of the Ray Rice incident, it HAS to drop the hammer otherwise look risk an even bigger PR nightmare even with the limited info that is out now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And he'll continue playing. And Pats fans will see this as an attack on them. It sucks I know. We're all biased when a player is on our team and not on our team.