1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Signs Of Retirement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Sep 15, 2019.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He looks stiff, just going through the motions. Even the greats get tired. All the retirement talk previous give him an out. Doesn't need the coin and will go into the HOF.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If he does retire at the end of the season the dead cap hit would be huge. Presumably they would need to ask him to repay some of his signings bonus?

I see there is an out after year two of his contract. I don’t think there is any chance he plays that third year tbh

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your wrong!!! He will go to Arizona they love are cast offs or to Tampa Bay with Arians his buddy!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    I would say the sight of a hat on his head instead of a helmet There's your sign!!!

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Didn't an elbow injury end Bradshaw's career?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't even think Mason was all that but it was enough for the offense to look a lot more competent than when Ben was in. They looked lost when Ben was in there.

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    glad that Mason did well but if he continues as the starter, DC's will eventually scheme for him but right now there is hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tampa bay is a possibility. No chance in arizona.they have their guy in kyler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One more time. Ben would retire rather than be traded. He has no trade value.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ben will retire a Steeler at the end of 2019 or 2020. No chance he goes to another team imo. Doubt he would show up if he was traded and the dead cap hit would cripple the Steelers.

11. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Ben played cautious - afraid of making a mistake. Mason played like he had nothing to prove.

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think Ben, may have a tear in his elbow.

If this is the case he could be sidelined a good bit of the season.

Ironically an elbow injury is what ended Bradshaw’s career.

13. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    We passed on drafting Dan Marino during that span...

14. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TB had an elbow problem. In the offseason, he wanted to get surgery and the Steelers were against it. He had the surgery and then continued to have problems the following year. I think his last game was against the Jets and his arm was pretty bad and that was it although I think he played well in that game. It was clear that it was the end. I know Noll was pissed and that is another bad rub between the two. Terry was hurt and Noll was pressing him to play and to play better.

Not sure if my memory is 100% spot on but the gist was that he had elbow problems and went ahead with surgery to correct it against the teams wishes.

I can tell you, I had elbow problems long ago in HS playing baseball and if your elbow goes or even gets sore when you throw, this type of injury does not get better in a few days. Not knowing what the deal is with Ben, it is hard to say when he can return and if he returns will his elbow allow him to throw.

rutan

15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I took my 6 year old son, and 8 year old daughter to their 1st regular season game today.
    They had been to pre-season game this year and last.

Not sure what Rudolph will turn into. But they got to see his 1st touchdown pass.

We shall see what happens with Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    This team sucks either way because they have no defense, but at this point in Ben’s career they may be better off with Rudolph.

If Rudolph protects the ball that is already a huge step up. Today, at least, he did. Ben has really hurt the team the last 5 years or so with horrible INTs.

I love what Ben has done for the Steeelrs but you can’t win turning it over like he has been in recent seasons. It’s time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Too bad Rudolph doesn’t get the talent Ben did in 2004.

This is like 2012-2013 talent lol

18. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Eli Manning is at the same stage time to step back and let the future step in!!!