1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post game loss complaint thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Sep 15, 2019.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The league keeps changing but the Steelers don't want to change with it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with mostly everything you wrote. I would fire Keith Butler first before I bring in other players. I would like to see what they do with someone else running the defense.

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The co-owners have already demanded he be fired last year and the year before. Naturally Art Rooney said no.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    With a running QB that is a hard down and distance to defend. Percentages say keep everything in front of you, have a man on every receiver. If they commit someone to spy that's one less defender in coverage. They probably should have collapsed the middle that way Watt or Barron/Bush/Hilton could have edge and force Wilson into a shorter scamper to the sideline. As it was he was 10 yards up the gut before they could get into the middle.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't think defense is the issue. They set up 14 points. They look good in stretches but then look gassed because the offense can't do **** and sustain drives.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Yea thats not gona happen, never has b4 wont now

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did the Seahawks surge on offense coincide with VWill getting hurt and being out of the game? I missed most of the 1st and second half

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I tend to agree. The early offense in particular has just looked so half-arsed.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Everyone has blamed Butler, but we was bad on D b4 Butler got promoted , the one constant is MT ... The only diff is BA and DL is not here for it to be blamed on

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If I lived in Pittsburgh I would be wearing a human billboard calling for Butler and Tomlins firing and Bens retirement no kinding!!!

11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Pass interference non call challenged by Seattle was horrible.

That said... so was Tomlin’s Failure to challenge the PI on the sideline with the Seattle players hand in the chest of the receiver pushing him out. Drive stalled at the 50. Might as well throw the challenge flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    1. Keith Butler does not know what he is doing. Fire him. Go after Schiano or somebody equally as capable.

2. Get rid of Moncrief. IR him. Mentally, he's done.

3. I get Hack saying go after Ramsey but Nelson was really good and has been good. Haden is solid. The problem is at safety. We need 2 new guys. Go get Minkah Fitzpatrick. Throw in Davis or Edmunds to get the deal done. It's embarrassing to watch.

4. Is Ben done? I dont think so but I think this could be a serious elbow injury. He could be out for a while.

5. We have no offensive identity. Establish something! Anything!

6. Before we even drafted Mason Rudolph, people who follow me know how much I was singing his praises. He is a legit starting NFL QB. But if we don't find our offensive scheme we are going to still have problems. I joked about it during the game, but is anyone actually going to tell me Fichtner is a better OC than Todd Haley? Im not seeing it.

7. Tomlin continues his in game mismanagement. To go for 2 when he did was ridiculous. He melted 15 seconds off the clock for no reason around the 2:45 mark. Tomlin cannot make decisions in close games. Over and over. He won't be fired in season but he could be in trouble in the off-season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Holy cow I just watched that last INT for KC. If I'm Gruden I'm throwing a challenge. He did way more to impede the receiver than the PI that went against the Steelers!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Ravens fired their offensive coordinator in 2012 and went on to win the SB. Do you think the Steelers have the gonads to fire any of theirs? I didn’t think so

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah he had a few runs up the middle on that last drive. Pathetic that the middle wasn’t covered. Don’t know for sure it was Buds fault. Seems like you would normally have a ILB spying him.

We have some good players on defense. I think it may have more to do with Butler?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can rent an actual billboard and you don’t need to be in Pittsburgh to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Surprisingly, I feel better about the future than before the game. Almost a flashback of when Maddox got injured and Ben played his first game in a losing cause.

This one game means nothing if today we uncovered our new starter for the future. I say start Rudolph and if he continues to do as good as he did today, make Ben the back up.

Having been a Steeler fan for a long time, there is nothing worse than having no hope of ever winning a Super Bowl because you know your starting QB is not up to the task. At least we have hope for the future if, IF Rudolph pans out.

The defense is a work in progress as we saw. I would like to see a year where both Rudolph and the defense gradually develop and we set the table for next season. I saw a coverage guy who looked pretty good, don`t remember his name, lol.

At least we have hope.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    1st and 2nd half?id consider myself lucky:smiley1:

19. RBloodworth1

RBloodworth1 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Believe me; as an OSU fan, you DO NOT want Schiano as DC. He makes Butler look good. Just look at the OSU defense last year vs. this year- NO comparison.

20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think Nelson did have a good game....But he is no Ramsey. Ramsey is generational IMO...He is a Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed type guy. The Jags have no interest in paying him. Most likely because of his mouth...and the money. He is owed less than 3mil this year....and next year his 5th year option is I think 14mil? But I trade for him and lock him up maybe 6 years 75 mill...... I make him the highest paid CB in the league. and I have him locked up till he is 30. Ramsey, Nelson, Haden and Hilton.

I would try to grab Fitzpatrick as well.

This is not about anything other than stopping the Patriots. They are not even close with the horses they have right now.

I wanted Butler gone last year...but even if Butler took a dump on Mr. Rooneys desk and did get fired...they would just promote another guy thats already here....I let Butler roll...but if you cant stop the pass with that much talent on the field...you have a bad scheme and its time to go,.

HACK

21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    But do you think any of our coaches will have the guts to tell Ben to sit?

22. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Do pigs fly?

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Didn’t need to go for 2 so early.
    Especially with the new QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yup...should have been gone last year, yet here we sit with the same old garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Isn’t that the Tomlin way...psycho babble bs and the song remains the same. What ever changes with this idiot?