1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

As A Black Fan.... Yes I said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Race is an excuse, he needs to do his job. It’s always about who is best for the team. Pretty obvious Tomlin is not. If he was white his azz would’ve been fired years ago

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Since the hire?! Really? He is not perfect but he does have the 2nd best coaches' win-loss record. What is there about him that generates such negative emotions? I am not his biggest fan but I can't answer the question; "If not him, then who?" It would have to anthoer young non-head coach with extreme potential as a leader.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trust me I’m no fan of Tomlin

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    True!

5. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    The standard needs to be higher.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The bar is laying on the ground and we still keep tripping over it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, just like Cowher and Noll!!
    (green font)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Please, show me when Tomlin has had the opportunity to challenge a PI yet...

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I was screaming Where's the spy? Where's the spy? The middle parted like Strahan's gap. And not just once.

Anyone with a rational mind can see Tomlin is done. It is not up to us unfortunately.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We own it!!! Laughing stocks proud organization going down the tube slowly!!!

11. SocalSteeler

SocalSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    #Looneyrule. Mike McCarthy.

12. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    If Carrol had been the Steelers coach since 2009, I am pretty confident in saying we have a few more lombardi trophies.

13. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I never liked the hire because I did not think he had the skill set to do the job. Over the years things have not changed. He has bad game management, makes many bad decisions at crucial times in the game, the team plays undisciplined a lot, problems in the locker room, draft picks have missed more than they have hit to name a few. He won early a lot because he was playing with Cowher's players. He is not the only head coach to benefit from someone else's players. Switzer won a Super Bowl in Dallas with Jimmy Johnson's players. Gruden won a Super Bowl in Tampa with Dungy's players. He is not the worst HC in history by no means, but he was not the best hire at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    From what we see on tv and the media Tomlin isn’t getting it done.
    No fire on the sidelines.
    He might as well sit in the stands cause he doesn’t appear to do anymore than a spectator.

15. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Has nothing to do with challenging a D PI, that's maybe the first we've seen it in this season ,and of course it come back to bite us. Have no idea why you're asking me about Tomlin the fact is Pete made the call on that one not Tomlin and it was exactly the right thing to do, for them, at the right time. Pete was aware of the new rule and challenged it. Whole point is not what he challenged but when did so. The rule is brand new and he challenged for it exactly the right time.

Please tell me Tomlin's challenge record?

16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure I think black has *much* to do with it. He’s trash because he’s trash.

Only sh!+heads think his heritage has anything to do with it and they are an insignificant worthless minority anyway, so - on to valid reasons.

He’s just not an X’s and O’s guy. Neither is the QB or the DC. They all rely on energy and player ability. This team doesn’t have enough high skill anymore, so scheme and preparation is what’s needed to maximize our possin

I guess you’re saying that because minority coaches don’t get fired all the time. (((Eye roll)))

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :puking 3:

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd like to
    You're attacking a guy about his challenge record and comparing it to a new rule that Carrol took advantage of at the right time with no frame of record for Tomlin having a legit time to try that same strategy.

Exactly when do you think Tomlin should have used a challenge today to change the momentum? How many times has he ever been able to employ a challenge (whether successful or not) to change momentum? You said that's his failing as a coach.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He didn't have much chances today on challenging any pass inference calls, but he should of done it last week on the long pass to Holden when he got mugged.

20. TP43

TP43 Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Honestly this defense was never the same since Polamalu, Farior, and Clark retired...

I don't know what's the answer at this point, maybe it's time to purge and rebuild?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Been saying that since day 1! But let’s give him another extension to coach this team into a complete melt down for years to come. Hey....the standard is the standard! You said it....trash and it needs be thrown out.

22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’m a White Fan!!!

Big Ben is overrated !!!

That’s right, I just went there!!!

Cajun

23. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    As a Cuban fan, I have to say it. Ay caramba!

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The same Pete Carroll who only won 1 Super Bowl with the legion of boom defense, he should've beat New England in the SB but they had Russell Wilson throw on the goal line and New England intercepted it :shrug:.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No reason to be racist here. Most of us are above that. Racism is not acceptable. Going, going ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.