1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Switzer is overrated

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm not putting switz at that caliber by any means I'm talking about the possibility of them having some pretty productive moments but the scheme won't allow it. It's obvious one tandem is more talented than the other in some ways but the scheme is what makes it all gravy for them. I have no doubt that if you threw switz in their huddle that they'd make him a pretty damn productive WR in their system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Which is all Ben is looking for. I’m sure Edelman is talented but I feel he benefits from scheme and Brady more so. Definitely a system player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah those pick plays are tailor made to get him open and let him work. The throws to Switzer by contrast seem more like check downs or safety valve plays.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Switzer wouldn’t be able to used in the same manner as Edelman. He’s not built for it. He’s built for exactly the way they’re using him. Find a soft spot in the D and sit down and catch the ball. Like Turtle said he’s used like a RB is used out of the backfield. He wouldn’t last half the season trying to emulate Edelman. His small frame and catch radius doesn’t allow for much if anything down the field. He’s a nice little option to have but like many others have said if he’s logging more snaps then any other receiver not named JUJU it’s a problem, not a advantage.

Our best options for this O to thrive is using JUJU mostly in the slot. Trying to establish Moncrief and JW on the outside ad getting DJ up to speed and versatile enough to play the slot and outside. Switzer would be best suited for a change of pace type ,gadget guy. If Moncrief continues to be Mongrief then Holton deserves a shot. Hell we lost Skipper for him, he better get a shot...

My whole point in this disagreement is based on what Ben said. “ why can’t that be us?” Why because you’re not Brady and he’s not Edelman. Simple as that. It’s nothing to be ashamed of and it’s not a crime. It’s just realistic.

LeBron isn’t MJ....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Your whole point misses Bens point. He wants increased production from the slot.

You're just fixated on the Edelman part.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nice.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Less snaps sounds like a trip to the bench.
    I was being facetious anyway.

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    My point doesn’t miss anything. You may be missing it. Ben said Why can’t that be us? It was Edelman he was talking about so I’m not sure who’s fixated on it. My answer remains the same. Brady> Ben - Edelman >Switzer thats the answer to his question. I didn’t ask it. I’m just answering it correctly. Like I said there’s no shame in that...just fact.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    they had to sit switzer last year because ben kept throwing 2 yard passes to him. sit him now. you wont win shiiit with ryan switzer as a main target.

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    depends on your definition of benching. Benching to me means sitting your butt on the bench because you are not performing and need some time to think about you contribution. Less snaps is however more about scheme and what the offense is trying to accomplish.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

;+);+);+)

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's. Talking. About. Production.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's not.

15. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    It's the scheme and it's garbage has been for a while simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No no no, we're losing because of Switzer don't you know??

33-3 drubbing because Ben threw to Switz 6 times, it has to be true because there are 4 pages dedicated to Switzer.

Froot Loops, get me off this crazy train.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I. Get.That. And. My. Answer. Remains.The .Same. They .Won’t .Match. Their. Production . Because. Edelman. Is .His.Go. To.Guy. And. Switzer. Is .And. Should. Be . Ben’s. Fourth. Or. Fifth. Option. At. Best.

I’m not going to argue with you. It’s ok to disagree. You keep quoting me so I will offer some similar advice someone once gave me. If you don’t like what I have to say in a thread, you can stroll on by and find opinions that align with yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You generally quote someone when you want to respond to something they say.

It's ok, Steel, if you need to converse with only people who share your opinion, I'll try and avoid you.

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Cool

20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I didn't read through entire thread, so forgive me if someone already said it, but how can he be overrated? It's not like I hear people saying he's a pro bowler. How can one be overrated when you don't rate at all?

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s Ben’s offense they run the plays that Ben likes and is comfortable with . So if the scheme sucks , he’s the reason why.

22. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    That's what we've come to expect wether true or not I have my suspicions as well and if that is in fact the case then I like many others continue to fart in the general direction of management... The scheme on both sides of the ball is out of order... I trust a QB to see something and have the means to change up the call, not script his playbook for the game. If that is the case then why assistants and coordinators? So if Ben is squarely the culprit that's an issue. If our coaches/scouts don't have the balls to do their due diligence
    That is also an issue. Can't prove **** either way but it sure would be refreshing to see some situational ball played and less excuses due to personnel blah blah blah... I truly hope we are game planning and not just spit balling off of players opinions but if that's the case Rooney and Tomlin are worse than I ever gave em credit for

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

I lied

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently targeting him 6 times is bringing us down.

He caught all 6 by the way. More than can be said about our big FA signing.

• Like Like x 1
  25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'd be giddy as a defense if the opposition wanted to routinely eliminate any chance of a big play by throwing the ball to Switzer.