1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuzar waived. Holton promoted to 53

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If a guy really has no value other than special teams, he's expendable in my eyes.

Skipper is good at ST and has position value. He actually has potential.

Does anybody believe that Red is going to suddenly, magically become twice the athlete that he is now? Does he have untapped potential? Please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nix has outperformed him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Instead of laughing then you should defend your statement with facts

Cajun

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nix could probably outperform him at linebacker too.:sneak:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was laughing at your childish response.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just got back into town and saw this...

Holton is an NFL vet, not sure why he would send out the "I love Pittsburgh" tweets if he knew he was going to the PS. I'd be pissed especially after his game 4 performance. I think him going to the 53 was the plan all along. Maybe they just put Skipper on there initially to get past the first week of waiver claims, trying to fly under the radar with the move with the hustle of week 1. I don't know, I'm just spitballing.

The Raiders come calling for Holton makes sense. Maybe they were just buying time to see if any of the injuries in week 4 were IR worthy. Either way, I hope Skipper makes it thru waivers.

7. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    should of waived dupree he stinks

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He just saved a big run back in this game. It wasn't nix. We know you hate him scribe but keep trying.:cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    When? Show me or proof of that, you keep saying it but the real proof shows otherwise. Beck we might as well cut his because we don't even use him on 3rd and goal from the 1. :cool:

10. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are far too reliant on tackles to evaluate special teams players. There are so few.
    Your other statement is ridiculous. Nix can actually play his position. He has done it well enough to make a Pro Bowl. His injury was likely why the Steelers didn’t try to power it in on those short yardage plays.

12. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I am sad to see Skipper go, but here are the facts.

His performance was against 2nd and 3rd stringers if that. That doesn't mean he won't develop into something but no one knows and despite what people tend to think, Chickilo and Dirty Red are indeed proven NFL Players. We are a team that is challenging for a Super Bowl Title, despite the performance on Sunday, and you can only afford so many developmental players, and last year's Pre Season darling Ola is it.

It has also been mentioned, but this happens every year with a player it seems. The fan's think they see something no one else does and goes ballistic when we move him to the practice squad or release him. Matthew Thomas of last year was another, to the best of my knowledge he was released from Baltimore and is unsigned at this time.

Five or six years ago there was a player who's name escapes me at the moment (that should say a lot about how it turned out for him) that was exposed to waivers to keep Aaron Smith's spot open so he didn't have to go on IR and had a chance to come back. San Fran signed said player from practice squad and the fan base was livid. They were sure we released the next LT (He played linebacker if I remember correctly) and Colbert had no idea what he was doing. As I said, I never heard from him again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Thaddeus Gibson

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Legend Thad Gibson.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Admittedly I’m usually leading the torch and pitchfork crowd when a popular PS player gets released. We won’t know for a bit if he ends up being a player we regret losing. The thing is with Skipper the timing and current OLB situation to me is troubling. The performance of Bud and Chickillo usually leaves a lot to be desired. We have Ola in the wings but the only thing he’s really proved so far is he’s been injury prone. If Ola goes down again we are basically stuck with the incumbent underwhelming regulars.

I don’t know if they tried to sign Skipper back and he turned them down but the subsequent signing of Elliot has to make you scratch your head.

16. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

I hear ya, I really liked Skipper too and I wish him well, but there are only 53 spots. I also believe he was claimed on waivers, so he didn't have a choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How many special teams “aces” do we need?

If you have a good team with good back ups you can easily field an 11 for kick returners.

A lot of these “aces” we got now aren’t great back ups and aren’t pushing the starters. One of them was expendable enough to keep Tuzar IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Cut Big Dan even though he is playing the best football of his career he still sucks and gives us nothing.
    Buggs can back up Hargrave. Skipper at least showed some burst and a few moves and yeah its against 3 rd or 4 th stringers but JH was in the same situation at the beginning of his career.

I wish him well and hope he makes it in NY.

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    How many? All of them ...obviously

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope he's cut and we get him back like JH and goes on to have a stellar career :yeehaw:

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Giants seem very excited about getting him. I've seen multiple articles praising him and his work ethic, which I previously read was one thing he lacked. I don't know what to think about losing him...

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t really pay attention to the Giants but I heard they are starving for pass rushers so I think if he has anything to offer he will stick there. I will definitely try and catch a few snaps to see how he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    far too reliant? That's their job. Now that's ridiculous. You also know a pro bowl is a popularity contest, not to mention there are very few fbs to choose from in the league. Nix is a good special teamer but we need more then one. Your hate runs deep. Did Tyler kick your dog or something.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011