1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NY football Giants snatch up TUZAR SKIPPER...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by IZONUFOTO, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Dupree won't be gone. This dumpster fire of an org is going to sign him. He's a Steeler, donchaknow?

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Another Colbert good.

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    What muffs me is the holding in of folks who might do a certain thing well or could potentially bring something extra but offer nothing if/when their number is called. Dirty red, hey bey, big Dan, Dobbs list goes on and on. Now Dobbs got traded which was positive for both parties and hey bey is gone but red and big Dan remain... Kind of miffed about those 2. But it makes sense in the general terminology of things around here... Situational play calling, refusal to adjust to anything, pretty much just patterns they follow and damn they're dating themselves with these old patterns.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How much better did he have to play to make the team?

He shined in every game?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    FIFY

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Johnson with his pedigree I think they were just as worried he'd be snatched up. Gentry I think they could have gotten there and back. They had guys that didn't show that well in Pre-season that are project guys, I felt would have cleared waivers other than Skipper. He didn't even dress so....

It's just asinine to have this guy ball out like that, make the team, then cut him to make room for a guy you're not even going to put in the game plan. If there's one guy with enough tape to show he could play in the NFL it's Skipper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Already pissed that Chickie sees the field. Need someone to push Bud to the bench.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yes he did. Last preseason he looked pretty suave, like he finally took the offseason serious. But I guess your right, back to the norm for Ben.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    We only have Juju for that based on what we saw in game 1. Switzer has good hands and zero ability to get yards after catch. Vance is not being used which tells me one of two things. Either Ben does not trust him to catch it or he is not getting open.. Thinking now maybe they should have kept Eli Rogers

10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    so glad we let Skipper go so we could save Johnny F'ing Holton....smfh

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This looks even worse now that the Steelers signed Jayrone Elliott to take the spot on the 53-man roster that came open when they traded Dobbs.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Enough of this crap about Ben being out of shape, like it affected his play. Ben has never been some slim athlete, when the team wins fans never bring this up.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bens not out of shape, the last two seasons is the best he’s looked.

He has two bad knees.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    has skipper said anything since the wavier claim? I remember Thomas being disgruntled after his experience with making the 53, getting no playing time cut and then ps