1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We will bounce back (BBH Optimism thread)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 9, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Too much negativity, bringing me down man. Lets face the facts here:

1. Whole offseason to prepare. Bill studying and taking notes day after superbowl win, Tomlin playing games at dave and busters the wednesday before the game with Ben.

2. Demolished is an understatement. Ben starts slow, Ben is always a wacky passer away from home. Defense usually improves, then relapses, then improves... the game got out of hand due to so many factors and I do not believe this team is that bad. Many drops, using switz/grief too much, etc.

3. Let's be real. This team has been getting smoked at least once a year now. Philly 34-3 on 2016, Jags 30-9 at home on 2017... etc. We will never beat Brady at Gillette as long as bill is with him. Our best shot is avoiding the patriots but it seems there are fewer teams that can take them out. maybe kc/balt

4. Team is pretty new all around. Ben no longer has MBC as his security blanket, nor jesse james. I think a trio of dionte/washington on the outside and juju slot will be good enough. Not like before, but good enough. Vance needs to be used more and not drop the ball. Samuels/Conner be used as dump offs if needed. Dink/dunk and play smart. Take time off the clock to give defense a rest even if you do not score. Low percentage plays are stupid when you're inaccurate.
    Defense side of the ball. New faces... nelson, kelly, bush, barron

5. This team was built to run the ball after passing. They have not been a power running team for awhile. Front line is not Dallas/Rams/Eagles/Balt or whoever has a strong line. might as well be on ice.

6. Redemption Sunday. We usually bounce back..

2014 = browns 31-10. game after steelers won 30-23 vs texans
    2016 = eagles 34-3. game after steelers beat chiefs 43-14
    2017 = jaguars 30-3. game after steelers beat chiefs 19-13
    2018 = lost 3 in a row and finally beat the pats lol

Let me set this straight, we are not winning the superbowl this year. No way. What we are mainly looking for is the rest of the team to improve and set the stage for Mason. Heinz says we are a 7-9 team which is believable but I am more inclined to think 10-6 as our ceiling. Ben can then ascend into football heavens and watch upon AB and smile as he wins his first championship. "You did it son, even though you can't see me I know you feel me". Heavy rain encompasses the patriots as Ben softly weeps, seeing Antonio give Brady a graceful hug and heads touching as they embrace the victory upon them. Right before the confetti completely envelops Brady's hair, a matching lego haircut is then seen next to Antonio's.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We will bounce back this week , we have a Seattle team traveling cross country for a early game and honestly I don’t think they’re that good. Didn’t look so good yesterday for sure. Now if we lose this at home after yet another Boston Massacre...it’s a wrap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    nowhere to go but up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Agreed that’s game over

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Pats already have the #1 seed all but locked up again. They don't play another team with a winning record till Baltimore and should easily be 8-0 when they meet

That home field advantage that the AFC EAST hands them every year is the gift that keeps on giving

Got to learn to win in Foxboro if you are not going to take care of all your business during the year

HACK

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It's week 1. Long way to go.

Those NFL commercials right before the playoffs with early season fan hot takes are only funny because those hot takes end up being so wrong by week 16.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers are a better team than the displayed yesterday.

Steelers have to become a run to set up the pass team. They can't be a pass to to set up the run.

Offense needs to get longer drives. The defense became too winded couldn't keep up.

When they got down big they knew it was over.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers are doing our part on handing them their yearly gift, glad we are not in their division.

9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    3) Is the one why? Can someone/ anyone explain why though...We have been considered one of the better/ best teams for quite a few years running...We have beaten, sometimes dominated some really good teams over that time

Why...Why though can't we even remotely match up with the Cheats...Seen lesser teams play much better against them...Bush, Barron , and Nelson were brought in to combat this imo...And we looked worse than ever, again I ask why... Because I really don't know

I see they hold, and run those rub routes ( they're moving picks ) every play...But is there someway to somehow combat it...I don't see the ' ****ty " teams get dominated like they do us...

I personally think the only way to beat him is to do the complete OPPOSITE of our approach...Bring the House every play, stack the line and send fire blitzes every play, different guys rushing, different gaps, twists...Marsha hates pressure up the middle and people around his feet ( He is human ) and gets gun shy, and rattled...harder to run their lil pick plays...I think we give them TO much respect...Play cautious and let them pick you apart...Every time!

Force Marsha to " try " and beat you downfield

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Learning to win, I think, will require a drastic uptick in aggressiveness. We should go in next time with the idea that we are going to be starting immediately 14 down and have to score something on nearly every possession. That won't happen obviously, but the gameplan cannot consist of trying to establish the run and wearing out the D. We need to score to match them because Josh McDaniels is smarter than Keith Butler and WILL ALWAYS call a game that marches up and down the field on us.

We didn't even turn the ball over last night and still only scored 3 points. We weren't aggressive enough. And by aggressive, I don't mean throw it deep every play. I mean play the intermediate pass game mixed in with the fast tempo dink and dunk that Ben was effective at last year. Essentially, copy the Patriot's offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I am wondering if this time the Pats will get to 19-0 and then Marsha leaves the NFL for good. Imagine that offense with Gronk, Edelman and Brown. Scary good!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    honestly I don't think he is ever going to retire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think they will be okay as well. As I mentioned in another thread the Steelers play 6 of the next 8 at home until mid November and it won’t surprise me if they win their next 4 games with Seattle, at San Fran and Cincy and Baltimore and go to 4-1 before heading to LA to play the Chargers before the bye week. The Steelers chances of getting the 1 seed over the Pats unfortunately took a huge hit with this loss last night.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This has become a broken damn record. Same old shyte every season. Tomlin hit his ceiling in his first season here with BC's team. Until Tomlin gets shown the door, this is the status quo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Lump Ben in there as well. This is as much his team as Tomlin's. They offense was handed over to Ben years ago and we have struggled to have an identity since. But keep giving him days off because it isn't like he needs to practice and establish some chemistry with his receivers. After all he has Switzer and Moncrief to throw it to every down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If you guys think it's bad here now... wait until 2 weeks from now when we are 0-3.

I hate to say it, but Rudolph would have drove the ball down the field with more consistency than Roethlisberger. Ben throws too many bombs to nowhere on 3rd with 4-6 yards to go... and it's getting old. I counted at least three 3rd downs that were blown by Ben slinging it 25+ yards down field for incomplete pass and 4th down result.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    With the 4th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select........

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As I said in another thread, "Redemption Sunday". I do believe that this team can rebound and showcase they are a better team than they did yesterday. The key again is execution and discipline. I did not recall too many penalties on Pittsburgh Sunday Night so at least that part is down. The execution has to be MUCH better. Otherwise, Pittsburgh does not have much of a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    one thing I have noticed last night and this is why NE will keep winning SB's...

Tomlin down 20+ = sidelines looking lost and dejected.
    Bellicheck up 20+ with the game sealed = yelling at the little things and looking concerned.

Brady up 20+ = Fired up
    Ben down 7 points = looking lost and dejected, going through the motions.

I agree with Heinz, I want Mason.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Chase Young; Defensive End from The University of Ohio State.

Bud Dupree has hit his limit. T.J. Watt deserves better and Ola has been injury prone thus far in his career. Chase Young on the other hand is a game wrecking monster. Pair him and T.J. and you have one of the Steelers best tandems since Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene.

.... This is all assuming the season goes bust of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    since Tomlin has been coaching only Belicheat has more wins. he can't beat Belicheat, but then neither can anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok now start scouting FS too....oh and TE

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No Doubt in my mind, we have to good of talent not too. Coaching is suspect,
    but this is a playoff roster.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No FS or TE will be worth that pick. Unless Grant Delpit somehow runs a 4.4 to 4.3 at the combine. Seems to me he is more 4.5 overall.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh I’m not talking 1st round just in general. Those are glaring weaknesses getting worse