1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

@NE Postgame Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Tell you what I’m very disappointed in edmunds. He had a perfect opportunity for a pick but he’s not focused and ruins it. He needs to be talked to on the sidelines about missing that, not the next day but right there on the sidelines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone gets another shot, game was in NE, they always look like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do not know about Dupree. Granted, I did have Isaiah Wynn as one of the top offensive tackles of his class. I did not expect a guy who played zero snaps last season DECIMATE a four year vet.

I do hope this. I hope I am right about #RedemptionSunday. Among the people that need it would be Alejandro Villanueva. Guess who he goes up against?! That is correct!! This guy!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ugh..

You are telling me. Worst part is he is literally looking at the ball while it is in the air. Why not contest the catch?! He did before hand earlier in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dynamic Dennis

Dynamic Dennis Active Member

Sep 9, 2019
    I think we should just get rid of all the RB's, would free up some rooster for more crappy DB's. Don't use them anyways, as soon as other team gets a lead

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And on some big gain rushing attempts as well.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I feel like if Josh Gordon lasted this long so will he. He's too talented for BB to just dump him.

8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know if it is funny sad or funny haha but even when everyone moved and he didn't the Pats engaged the guys that did. Shelton and Bennett never touched Finney

9. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I agree. Belichecks reclaimation projects have been hit and miss too. But it goes for it unlike the Steelers. His way, either works for these guys or they are gone. Doesn't seem to phase how Belichick operates his successful teams.

Brown may come in and be a great addition. Nothing surprises me, but if anyone can make it work, it's Belichick. If Brown does his weird stuff again...he'll be gone. period.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Bud and Tj were being held or chipped most of the game. One play you could see Watt pushing the lineman off of him arm fully extended and the guy had a kungfu grip on his shoulder pad. The replayed it and Bud had his guy latched on with both hands to his pads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They also blatantly held the gunners at least twice. You could see the hand pulling on the jersey. The officials were terrible last night, but that doesn't excuse how badly the Steelers played.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was actually running sets with Conner and Samuels in there together, but it clearly didn't work.

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Agreed. I'm just marveled at the way they did it so as not to get a penalty. How can you push a guy in the back while you are holding his jersey and at the last second force him to turn so you aren't blocking in the back but rather hitting his shoulder.

14. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    the Patriots looked like crap? what game were you watching? As soon as Gordon said "Phuck your arm tackle" to hayden and ripped his leg out and scored, I knew it was going to be a lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng night. They were in midseason form. On day 1. that is not good for anyone but the patriots.

Now they get AB....great. we all know what happens here right? He suddenly finds meds that fix his brain and he goes for 1800 yards and 25 TD's, en route to a SB win. Just wait, it will happen. damn it!@!!!!!

after last night, with regards to the patriots, i recite these well known words that seem perfect here:

game over man, game over.

15. JakeTN1

JakeTN1 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    1. Tomlin an empty suit!

2. Tomlin going for the field goal at the one yard line, excellent move with a 240 pound QB!

3. Embarrassed again on national TV. Reminds me of the loss to Tebow on national TV, two horrible embarrassing displays of NFL football!!

4. Moncrief, should have had to rent an Uber to get back to the Burgh! (Cut him in the end zone when he dropped the pass)

5. Switzer can catch, but not run. We lost Spencer, not a good move!

6. Are holds called on the Pats offensive line - ever???

7. What's the word, oh yeah got it - INEPT!

8. The "talking heads" on TV today are roasting us!

9. Disgusting play calling, can Fichtner get a copy of the latest Madden game and play it for a month??

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really can't compare those two. Gordon by all accounts is a great guy battling demons while AB makes Moss look like a boy scout.

You're right that in if AB wants any kind of big contract next year, he needs to be on his best behavior and is in the perfect place to showcase his talents.

We'll see if he can pull it off.

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    To me this game a throw back to the 50’s and 60’s. Not good memories at all. Team needs a lot of work. I’m from PA. But live in KY now so I don’t get to the games anymore but I do watch every games on tv. I did notice something yesterday how Belichek was taking notes, looking at the play book, and communicating with people good or bad. Now you guys that go to the games can correct me but never see Tomlin doing those things all I see is a blank stare. If this is what the Roony’s want,They got it. A team that is lost. Ben says it was the first game but there is a lot of football to be played. I just don’t think that we have that much good talent to turn this into a great team again in the near future.

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    AB will be a perfect citizen there and win a ring. We all know this is coming. WhoTF in the AFC is stopping NE? KC has no Defense at all. I mean, Baltimore? Pray for the Saints or something, I guess.

As far as Edmunds... lots of us hated that pick, at least with it being a 1st rounder. That said, did anybody do any coaching during the game last night with his multiple screw-ups? Hard to teach a kid when you're staring into space, motionless, looking like your dog just died.

19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    As much as I hate them, at least Harbaugh has an idea how to beat them as they've had more success than us.

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Dolphins just got annihilated by the Ravens... but I bet they will be more competitive vs. Patriots in week 2 than the Steelers were last night.

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'd take Harbaugh as our HC in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I agree. I hate to say it but my gut feeling is that Ben checked out of football toward the end of last season. He is saying all the right things but his body language is saying he is disinterested in football and is just collecting a pay check. Flame suit on.

23. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Brady was missing wide open receivers, I've never seen him throw that bad. He is old, it's their scheme that makes him productive. If we had half a defense they wouldn't of scored more than 1 td.

On offense we had wide open players and they dropped the damn ball. We couldn't run for crap and the play calling was a joke.

It has more to do with us then them. They would've gotten destroyed by KC or NO last night and it wouldn't even be close. F them

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I try not to complain about Ben. He made the Steelers respectful again but I think his party is over and I'd like to get Mason ready to take over. Should we go south early it would take an injury to Ben for Tomlin to sit him. Sure don't wish that on him but he really pissed me off last night watching what a 42 year old was doing to his team.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Put Mason in :facepalm: