1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

@NE Postgame Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 8, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They pick and hold like no other. They are coached very well in this talent. Just enough so it's not obvious to the naked eye but it is taught and mostly run to perfection on both sides of the ball. They play to the edge of the rules and do it very well. Nobody is going to beat that. Not with their schedule either.

As far as us, we are so predictable a blind man could see where we are going with the ball. Ray Sherman ain't no DD or Richard mann. We were out coached, out schemed, out motivated, out prepared and out performed, plain and simple. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly. The entire game plan was a **** show....AGAIN.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought last night would be a defensive battle.
    I was half right...………..

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah... the Patriots defense showed up for the game.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Random thoughts.....
    Samuels in in the 1st quarter? WTF, where was conner
    Moncreif..... better be catching balls off the machine ALL damn week
    JuJu.... really no surprise.... even AB disappeared in New England games, he'll be fine going forward
    Washington.... why oh why did you not cut inside after the catch???
    I don't think our defense has even touched Brady a single time in 20 years, outside of the handshakes at the end of the game

And Keith Butler..... how many 'play action' fake hand offs are you going to commit LB's to? WTF, drop the damn LB's into coverage.... everyone knows James White isn't going to beat anyone.... but Brady and his 5 yard 2 second dink and dunk passes that go for 20 yards..... will beat us. It's not rocket science Keith.

Positive thought:
    At least we didn't tie the Browns in Game 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I think they should have sent the Pitt Panthers to Foxboro. They would have played better. That was hot garbage last night. Moncrief should be shown the door with all those dropped balls.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed Ben just standing their watching the game like a fan, whereas Brady was studying and preparing for the next series.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So apparently BJ Finney has never watched Little Giants. When we run the Annexation of Puerto Rico he is supposed to run with the ball not play freeze tag.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’m at the point I wouldn’t be angry if we lost every game !!! The entire coaching staff is fired and replaced!!! And we cut Ben!!!

Mason becomes our #1 and we start a bunch of rookies and 1st/2nd year players !!! Can’t be any worse but if we loose we’ll have a reason why and optimism we’ll get better !!!

Cajun

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not shocking they looked inept in Foxborough, same old same old there.

But to me, NE didn't even look all that good and the Steelers still couldn't do anything on either side of the ball.

Think Ray is right and they are mentally defeated before they step foot in that stadium.

Biggest concern going into the Seattle game, wide receivers. JuJu is hurt, DHB stole Moncriefs uniform, JW is a pre season warrior, DJ looks promising but will need to get up to speed very quickly, Switzer is reliable but we're in trouble if he's the go to guy.

JuJu better be able to play next week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Once again the Steelers brain trust of coaches can't prepare our team
    for a truly professional coach that know's how to prepare players to
    get their optimum talent. I have been so done of Mike Tomlin for so long
    Randy Fichtner and all. It gets frustrating.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  12. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    That play sums it all up ..... even the patriots knew the snap count !!!

He looked like a total imbecile

Cajun

13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Two easy touchdowns when Chickillo and Alualu are on the field helps prove your point. God forbid we leave the best players on the field.

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Very disappointed in our safety play. And defense in general.

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Being a big Pitt fan, they wouldn't. They too have a coach that can't coach.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    A lot of people also saying AB won't last a month with them. I don't see that happening. He knows with Mike Tomlin he had no chance of winning a championship but in NE it's practically a lock which sets him up for more $$$ the year after. I doubt he screws this up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Ben signed a 2 yr extension worth 68 mil in the spring...... WOW!!! He pockets 45 mil this yr!!!!

And he is still as inconsistent with his throws as always, especially the beep pass

Cajun

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Just another example of the Steelers not being able to let go. We're close guys it's gonna be like 2009 all over again, I swear! Denial is an ugly thing.

19. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    They play with too much respect for the pats and it’s old already. Ben and his man crush for Brady. The whole squad looks starstruck playing them.

Ben is one of my all time favorite Steelers but I really do want to see mason getting more work in, it’s going to be time to pass the torch soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Honestly I am tired of Ben's brand of disinterested leadership. He seems to think all he has to do is show up on Sundays, maybe throw a few passive aggressive shots at teammates through the media, and all is hunky dory. I'm tired of it. He isn't a leader, he doesn't practice or study hard enough, and he looks disinterested to start a lot of games and pisses away possessions until he decides he feels like playing. Ben has been given free reign on offense. It is his boy running the show so it is really Ben running the show and this is the crap we get.

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Remind me what Tomlin did before we handed him the HC job?

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sure he wants to, just not so sure he can last under Bills iron fist.

23. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    with Antonio Brown they will beat they are the favorites to win it all. I hate em. But they don’t suck.

24. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    They will beat the chiefs.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

JuJu is the LEAST of my worries at this stage. Nevermind him. What about T.J. Watt?!?! If HE does not play, that game can implode rapidly.

I give James Washington another shot as he can break defense wide open if given the chance. He has shown that already. Bud Dupree on the other hand?!?!

[​IMG]