1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

@NE Postgame Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 8, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    IMO, I see a rebuild occuring in the near future. Even though we have on & off nights, tonight was unlike no other.

However, we may or may not turn the tables against Seattle next week, but if we somehow do, then we'll still be known as an inconsistent team:

Week 1 = a loss to NE
    Week 2 = a win or loss against a fringe playoff team
    Weeks 3-17 = a mix of wins/losses against non-playoff/playoff teams
    Playoffs = ???

On an extra note, I still remember the glory days, but hopefully we don't turn into Cleveland...

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Burn it all down. Sell the team.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben was horrible

The defense was worse

Switzer is no Edelman, Johnson needs more snaps

Is Ben afraid to get under center?

4. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The Pats own Ben. He should have been benched and Mason should have been put in .Ben was way off his game.The only recievers were JUJU and Washington who Mason clicks with.No downside to pulling Ben.Plenty of upside.Mason would be given a chance to play with the 1rt. and against a prepared D plus Ben does not get hurt win, win .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Even if this game was just a really bad game that snow balled on us, one thing is clear:

We will never sniff a SB appearance unless someone else takes NE out for us. This team is just mentally defeated before the game even starts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nope, but that can change with some better play.
    It’s one game. Not going to write the season off that quick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You know, I'm still scratching my head over this.

I just can't understand how the hell this team suddenly forgets how to even play football the second they walk into Gillette Stadium. Every. Damned. Time.

Yeah, the Pats are a great* team with a genius* head coach, so it's not a surprise losing, even most times. The surprise is how allegedly professional football players allegedly prepared by an alleged coach are so fundamentally unsound. So unprepared. So low energy. So slow. So weak. With ZERO will to win.

Make no mistake, we would've lost to the friggin DOLPHINS today. New England did absolutely nothing special tonight. This team looked like a bunch of walk-ons who never played a game in their life. Did they spend all of training camp playing Call of Duty?!?!

But even if this was Week 12-17, or the playoffs, as soon as their feet hit the interior of Gillette Stadium, it's like they have a football lobotomy. Same garbage every damned year for almost 20 years now!

I'm sure we'll be 5-3 or 6-2 by the halfway point. I'm sure the offense will start scoring. The defense will start getting sacks and turnovers. And we'll all be lulled into thinking the ship has turned around. But pray we never have to set foot in Gillette again this season. We can beat anyone. I have no doubt about that - when focused and prepared the Steelers are as good as anyone. But I'm not sure they could beat Appalachian State in Gillette.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was an odd performance (putting it mildly).

What really surprised me was a) the Steelers tried to do exactly the same things they did last time we played them; b) when the Pats obviously had gameplanned for this, there was no plan B. Like, they were sending all the blocking to deal with Watt, and Dupree was one on one with the weak link on the o-line. Maybe send Hilton in behind him? Bush? Surely think before the game, maybe the Pats will be expecting this, so we should try something else? c) the Pats coverage was apparently awesome. So we send nobody out to the flat? Were we telegraphing every play we tried?

I'm not going to write off the whole team just yet - first games have been ugly for a while now (for whatever reason), and this was always going to be a tricky one. But you're right, Ray, that these meltdowns in Gillette are just bizarre.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I couldn't understand why there were no flags on that. Also, when they talked about how great Gilmore was doing against Juju, the replays were showing PI several times. At the same time, I think we got away with two players hitting Brady late.

The point is not that the refs were biased in anyway, but more that, from watching a fair few games this weekend, the reffing seems to be as inconsistent as it ever was. Which is frustrating as hell.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He looks explosive, but he's got a very long way to go.

11. mikeyd572

mikeyd572 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Until we revamp the defense, and can start getting pressure on the QB, we might as well get use this. You can not let a average QB drop back with no pressure, much less someone like Brady and not expect to get picked apart.

12. mikeyd572

mikeyd572 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    4th and 2 inches, we have to be the only team in the league unwilling to call QB sneak.

13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think if they win against Seattle next week they got a shot to go 3-1 having the Niners and Bengals up next. So the schedule will lighten up moving forward but if they play anything close to the way they did last night 1-3 or dare I say it 0-4 is definitely possible. I too would like to see Dionte Johnson get the ball more over guys like Switzer and Moncrief. He looks like he has the potential to be a pretty good playmaker if given the chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    TYPICAL....………………………..MIKE...……………………………..TOMLIN...………………………………….COACHED...…………………………..TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, he never has a game plan and has relied on star players. Star players are gone and this is what the team looks like. BTW, how about that new and improved defense???? I told you Edmunds and Davis aren't NFL caliber safeties, they can't recognize or diagnose plays and can't cover. CBs, and DL have no depth either, we keep acquiring trash heap players like Barron and hope it works. It is like trying to hold tires on a race car going 200MPH with duct tape.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Of course lol we can be 1-9 and you would say we are all whiners and we still have a chance lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    My two cents:

-Bush had 11 tackles but most of them were down the field and he really looked lost at times, imo
    -Call me when Washington makes a tough catch between the hashes. He won't see more time and targets until he does more than just go down the sidelines.
    -Dupree didn't look any different
    -One of the most visible differences was how Brady hit receivers on the run and how those receivers reliably caught the ball. Our passing game last night? Not so much.
    -The re-disappearing QB sneak. Granted some of those 3rd and 4th and 1's may have been just out of range, but still...can we use our big QB like that ever?

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The answer to your last question is...no. We just signed him to 30+ million we have to protect that investment even at the expense of losing games. 8-8 is the standard. That’s the record they figured out would keep selling tickets.
    Mediocre is the new great.....

18. xlowesterx

xlowesterx New Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Im still trying to figure out why the hell washington ran out of bounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    This. Some of the nonsense said on this forum about them is ridiculous because of pure hate. I hate em too but not willing to insult my own intelligence. With AB Gordon and Edleman all healthy, and their defense, they have a legit chance of winning 16 games.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Some one explain to me why

The WR's were worse than Ben was

21. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    A complete dumpster fire!!!! Our owner will not hold Colbert accountable or Hold Tomlin accountable!! He’ll maintain the high road and keep over paying for mediocracy!!

Just a quick observation. Every time the patriots offense left the field Brady was on the bench looking at his computer with his coach and/or fellow players....

Every time the Steelers offense left the field Ben stood on the sideline watching Brady!!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Believe me I'm not bragging but if you look at The Steeler Prediction Poll I am way at the bottom. I was excited many of you thought the Steelers were going to have a good season and I really wanted to believe you guys with the high win totals but I sure the hell didn't see what you were seeing.

Hey it's one game and I sure the hell ain't giving up yet but this is what I thought we would be this season.

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I expected the defense to get torched.... what really shocked me was the offense and how bad they were. I knew the offense would be out of sync... but not to the degree it was last night. I thought Steelers would score anywhere from 20-27 points... with Pats getting over 30. I was wrong about the Steelers.

The defense hasn't changed from last year or the year before... it's a Chinese Fire Drill.

24. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think Colbert deserves some blame but I don't put it all on him. The scouting department gives them reports and it is him and Tomlin that do the evaluation. Tomlin has more to do with the roster than Colbert and the only saving grace is that he might finally be shown the door if the season looks as bad as this game did.

25. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I predicted the Pats would score 42 and the Steelers would get about 17. I was wrong on both sides but I thought the offense would do more. I also can't thank Colbert and Tomlin for adding Barron and paying Dupree this season, they could have added one of their trash heap bargains and the result would be no different other than we'd have more cap space.

• Agree Agree x 1