1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GDT: Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Sep 8, 2019.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Let's get this thread started. I am hoping for the best, expecting something less. I am interested in seeing how the defense plays, how Roethlisberger distributes the football, and how Tomlin leads.

It took a long time, but I believe the Steelers defense is built to compete for a championship. I may be wrong, and it may be the same, same old, but I at least have hope. Last year we all knew the defense was going to have issues getting off the field, which ended up being the case.

It will be interesting to see Roethlisberger play with a chip on his shoulder. Just because he has a chip on his shoulder, I hope he is smart enough not to try to do it all by himself. If he throws 40 passes today, I believe the Steelers will lose handily.

I have no idea how Tomlin will respond to what has happened over the past few years. I hope he has become a wiser, smarter coach, but the proof will be in how the team performs. I guess we need to see how he reacts once he is in the stadium.

As frustrating as last year was, the team was actually entertaining, so I expect no less from this team. The first drives on offense and defense may tell us a lot about what to expect for 2019.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Holy early gameday thread, Batman :lolol:

Go Steelers! :herewego:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I'm tired of reading about the Profession Sphincter. I like you new avatar, Blast. I thought I was going to need a new laptop, because I was ready to shoot BBs at your previous avatar.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was going to start it for good luck because we never lost when I did.

I can`t even apologize. It`s too early. :facepalm:

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    So you will base a whole season on 2 drives (O and D) with starters who have only played scant amounts in the preseason?

My take is this...in recent years the first game has shown us very little. The team seems unprepared, out of sync. Playing NE on the road will just increase the difficulty. Can they win, sure. Will they win, my odds are against it, but hope is always there.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Haha, that was just for fun. Could never carry that the whole season :lolol:

JuJu is my favorite current Steeler, figured its time to dedicate my avatar to him :yeehaw:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets get it!!! Every game I have props available for celebrations purposes; Terrible Towel, Cow Bell, Mega Phone/ Bull horn mans its crazy in my house on game day!!!! Well I'm also bringing out the trumpet I use to play in Grade School and High School!!! Visited the enemy's (Patriots) message board and it got me more fired up then I already am. Well apparently Pats fan are of the belief, that the Steelers Fans and Team leadership are the ones pushing for an investigation of some sort regarding "Tampering" in the Brown signing with the Patriots drama. Yes crazy right!!! Prior to him signing you see all kinds of crap about how Brown is a worthless POS, low life punk etc. Now their in love!!!! and think the Steelers are behind the fiasco of an investigation developing!!! Lets go Steelers you got this!!!:sword::superman::herewego!:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I won’t be staying up for the game because of the time difference, so I’ll get my here we go in now.

Good lot of games so far, let’s hope for one in our favour tonight.

:herewego::herewego::herewego:
    :herewego!::herewego!:

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good night, sweet dreams!!! You shall rise a victor in the morn Sir!!!:sleepy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Win or lose hope our defense looks legit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well interesting start to the season after an interesting off season. I see LB scored but boo freaking who his team lost. It is way to early to decide anything but dem Browns sure look like dem Browns. Maybe just a two horse race in AFC North.

GOOD LUCK STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This defense best take care of that green horn center with a lot of stunts and up the middle rushes. Put the kale boy on his @ss.

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t care if we win by bad calls just win lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Got my husbandly duties out of the way early.

What? I mowed the lawn and washed her car. Not my fault your mind is naughty.

So now pregame begins. Bourbon, beer, cigar. Waiting on food.

I gotta feeling.

• Like Like x 4
  17. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Win or lose we drink the booze.

18. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Here we go Steelers Here we go!
    :steelflag:

19. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m nervous but not nervous in the sense where I can’t function lol. More anxious to see where and how we improved

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why does Tomlin love going so thin on the offensive line? He's only got seven active, which is fairly common for the Steelers in recent years.

It is interesting in that Banner has moved ahead of Okorafor as the third tackle.

22. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What is the over and under on how many times we see jacko Kraft tonight? Between him and Jerry Jones, the media just can't get enough of these two clowns.

I only wish there were a way to fast forward thru all the rump swabbing that will go on between the media and jacko Kraft.

I'm thinking at least 20 times the media checks him out.

rutan

23. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Got to mute the tv for the game. I cannot stand hearing Collinsworth.

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Now here’s a guyx1000

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a feeling we may use a lot of multiple WR sets , surely they just didn't give Holton a hat for ST'S only ? I wonder if another WR is banged up ?