1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough on that. However, I believe you both may have misinterpreted my statement. I knew Randy did quit on the Raiders for certain.

That being said, while Randy did in fact quit on his team, he did so on the field. Antonio Brown on the other hand, flat out quit period. For that matter, Antonio Brown ended up flat out quitting on two teams by not playing; the Steelers in the final game last season and the Raiders all Preseason.

2. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I have to agree with you. I don’t believe this was part of a master plan. There are too many variables to make this feasible. For instance, having been traded to the Raiders, there is no way Brown would know that he could get himself released in time to be picked up by the patriots (or whoever else he may have favored).

If you look at his track record, many of his problems have been emotional and in the moment. He has hardly been calculating and strategic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Personally I believe Belichick benched Malcolm Butler deliberately. Keep in mind he wanted to move on from Tom Brady. Robert Kraft somehow heard of this and voided the trade.

Something tells me that Belichick is doing this as well on purpose. Nevermind him and Belichick getting along; Brady the same. How is Julian Edelman and the other receivers going to act WHEN AB acts out?!?!

Time to find out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Tell that to the people who claimed that the Steelers "enabled" Brown.

The Steelers managed to fine/punish Brown, and without causing a meltdown (until he was held out that last game).

5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So they would have just held onto him while he was constantly melting down and causing a ruckus? I don't see it.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Either way, nice back peddle. ;+)

• Like Like x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

?!

8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yeah, at worst I think Rosenhaus put out feelers once it was clear the Raiders situation was melting down. So maybe there was some tampering or whatever immediately prior to Ab's release but that would be par for the course in the NFL and hardly some huge conspiracy or something to get all hot and bothered over. Whatever. People like to feel that we are aggrieved and the NFL is out to get us. It's easier than dealing with the idea that the Steelers might just not be as good as the Patriots.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ha!!!

Me and you both!

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can't believe the NFL is not at least investigating the fact that AB threatened his GM with violence. Thats a big NO NO.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Colbert said it at some point.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Jamal Adams of the New York Jets might do that to him before any of our players get to him though. Keep in mind he is one heck of a hard hitting safety. Not to mention he has one heck of a mean streak.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I can’t recall where it was said or quoted, but remember this was commonly understood (i.e. he would not be traded to a division rival or to a serious competitor - otherwise read - the patriots).

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll beleive he plays good soldier when I see it.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He really didn't, or he didn't mention specific teams. That part was filled in by the media.

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't like to dive deep into social media, but he also liked a tweet where someone said Mike Mayock should be raped.

Brown is a clown .

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  18. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Alot of defenders were not happy when he was calling out JuJu on social media. I really hope they are thinking about that. Of course there are tons of players high fiving him on his posts about this happening. Ugh

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    For what its worth, Michael Irving said that Brown absolutley Knew the Pats wanted him b4 he was released. through (AB's Agent) MI is now backtracking on his statement now.... IF true is that not Tampering.......ESPN also saying AB never wanted to be a Raider ...........If i was the Raiders i would at least i would file a tampering charge against Pats .....What could it hurt ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep! Sure did.

Among those were Justin Reid and Eric Weddle. I do not think New England plays Houston though this season. Be that as it may, I have a hunch that Jamal has been paying close attention to this while being discrete about it.

Keep in mind he is already on record about how he feels about New England. Add in the whole AB fiasco the same. I would imagine he will be more than supercharged when they meet up.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Oyster crackers. To go with the clam chowdah!

• Like Like x 1
  22. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m trying so hard to not let this mess get to me and enjoy the day, but the Patriots are a cesspool. I hate so much about the organization - they get lucky, get away with cheating, tampering and literally every damn thing in the book. It’s unreal.

And screw Antonio. I truly hope he breaks his leg. I’m never one for injuries, but that guy can screw off.

/rant.

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Insane people rarely create good master plans

24. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love this FB_IMG_1567957056540.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Blast Furnace