1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    By the way, lest anybody accuse me of waiting too long to acknowledge it, of course the Raiders got the worse end of the Brown trade, they gave up two draft picks for nothing but a preseason of headaches.
    That doesn’t mean the move turned out to be a good one for Pittsburgh. Clearly, that isn’t the case. I admit I am surprised at how it went bad. I didn’t realize how easy it would be for the Raiders to void his guarantees. NFL contracts truly are a joke. Not that I minded Brown getting screwed over, but in general it doesn’t seem right.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d flip that, 5% chance he behaves. You’d have to ignore everything over the last year to believe otherwise.

I think he can only make it work if he is consumed with revenge because he thinks he has been “wronged” by so many people.

Or Belichick has to stop being a disciplinarian and that’s not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would have thought AB's opportunities would
    have dried up after his release from Raiders. I am not so sure he will
    make it in NE either. He thinks he is above the team rules, I would love
    to see a NE beat writer follow ab AB round to see if he shows up for all of
    his team commitments. It should be interesting to see how BB handles this one. LOL.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Did he get what he wanted? He was forced to negotiate with a team that could consummate a trade with the Steelers. He was not free to negotiate with anybody he wanted to. He ended up with a contract that was more lucrative than what he had remaining on his Steelers deal, but not really at the top of the WR market when compared to something like the OBJ contract. He also ended up with a team that’s been a bottom feeder for a while.

Let’s see if he behaves in New England for a whole season. If he suddenly manages to do that in an organization that values rules and doing things the right way, then something’s fishy. Watching Sportscenter right now and the guys are all sure that Rosenhaus has been working this for at least a few weeks, and they already knew they had a landing spot in NE.

6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree that it’s probable that tampering took place, however they will have plausible deniability even if investigators obtain digital communication records. Rosenhaus is Gronk’s agent, and it’s easy for Rosenhaus and BB to say that they were discussing Gronk (or potentially other Pats that Rosenhaus represents). They’re too smart to have an email or text trail to be exposed.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Going with the SDOT boycott?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Guys.. What we need to happen is AB runs a crossing route and one of our DBs knocks him the f out . This guy is impossible.. I would rather see him out of the NFL at this point. Yeah I am triggered lol . Will AB play today though. That is the question.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m here. I’m having the best day of my life. It’s amusing seeing how far the patriots are in some of you guys heads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    We won't know how it plays out until it actually does.

My guess:

Brown never misses a meeting.

Brown never acts up on social media.

Brown has a very productive season.

I won't speculate on him helping the Patriots win another SB because mentally, I can't even go there.

With regards to him wanting out if Pittsburgh, I think it does have to do with his relationship souring beyond repair. However, I can assure you at that time he asked Drew Rosenhaus to work a deal to New England. But if course Colbert was never going to do this.

I think AB never intended to play anywhere else other than New England and unfortunately the Raiders were the team that were totally screwed over. He did whatever was necessary to get released.

Once again, we will see how this all plays out, but it is my opinion that this was never truly about money, although that certainly is a factor, but more AB's desire to win a Lombardi. It's what is missing from his career achievements.

If I'm wrong and Belichick gives him the boot I will gladly admit it. I'm scared I am right on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018

Let’s not forget our head coach Mike Tomlin deliberately interfered with a player on the side lines during a play. That was embarrassing. We aren’t saints with anything. I’m definitely biased but Brown has done us dirty, everyone is at fault on this one, but mostly Brown.

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I guarantee you that he suddenly falls in line, and barring injury plays the full season and is productive. If the wheels come off of the Pats/AB relationship this season, feel free to quote this post and laugh at me.

I restated my view a week or two ago that the Steelers blew it by trading him for far less than his value as a player, and not enforcing his contract. I admitted the possibility that I might be wrong, and said we’ll see how this season goes for both the Steelers and for AB. Well, I’m feeling very certain right now that I was right. To me the only question is whether tampering took place in the past few weeks, or whether it took place several months ago when the Steelers refused to negotiate with rivals like the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    You’re right unfortunately. This is my view exactly, and as I said in another post the only question in my mind is exactly when the tampering occurred.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not saying you shouldn’t be mad but when there’s billions of dollars involved,there’s corruption. The NFL is a microcosm of what goes on in all big business. Unfortunately life isn’t fair....especially to the not so rich. I don’t remember the percentage but it’s crazy how such a small percentage of the population controls such a large percentage of the money.

Luckily in the NFL what the players do between the lines and all the things that can be done in preparation give them at least a fighting chance to even the odds. There have been plenty of such opportunities to knock of the Pats but they always seem to be ahead in execution and preparation. Maybe this year someone steps up and puts a stop to it.
    Hopefully it’s us.....

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Hasn’t been said yet.... but of all the NFL teams.... doesn’t NE have the most crackers on staff? It’s just another potential boiling pot..... Kraft, Bellicheat, McDaniels, Brady, Edelman... not sure AB can fit in there either.... but he does stand a better chance with a winning team than a perennial loser like Oakland.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This is why I find it odd he was released. Surely you keep him on the books for a season to avoid any other team benefitting?

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So you believe the last year has all been an act? Because you’d have to if you think he can suddenly change who he is just because he plays for the Pats now.

He may play good soldier for a little while but he’ll never last a season. Think Brady is going to put up with any cry baby **** from AB? Pats game plan to a teams weakness, they aren’t just going to throw AB tons of passes because they have a top of the line receiver. There are going to be games where AB is very unhappy about his targets.

And we’re supposed to believe this guy can suddenly stop with his social media nonsense? Show up on time for meetings when he never has his whole career? I find that very hard to believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I spent the first half of the day at a friend’s lake house, shot over to the UCONN football game and carried that over to dinner and drinks late into the evening with great friends.

Guess we all have different definitions of a great day (best), but I suggest you get out more. Life is too short!

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    There no denying Brown is the main culprit. There is enough blame to go around though . Brown being a jackass beyond comprehension and the team and it’s leadership also being a factor in our woes aren’t mutually exclusive like some here like to think.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They didn’t have to pay him like we did so it was easier to cut bait

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Just watch

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That is a much better day than hanging in the message board. I would have been at the UCONN game, but I had to work on a house I’m trying to sell. I’m encouraged by the final score after what we went through last year. I went 3 times last year, and I don’t think the opponent scored less than 49 points in any of those games.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The one thing I do agree with you here is that yes AB is a cry baby and will throw the biggest tantrum to get what he wants.

What played out over the past 9 months was a tantrum, and in the end he got what he wanted.

Once again, if he blows up at Brady or Belichick I'll come back to this thread and admit I was wrong.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You sure you didn’t attend the basketball games ;)

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well I actually went down to Anheuser Busch Brewery in St. Louis yesterday afternoon for a late lunch and some cold beer. Then a little bar hopping. Ended up at the St. Joan of Arc carnival and hung out at the beer tent listening to the band.
    I’m sitting in the parking lot at Top Golf right now waiting to play in the KSHE 95 (local Rock n Roll radio station) Golf classic.
    I get out plenty, actually probably on the go to much.

The point of the post was I find it amusing and somewhat sad that some fans are so worried about every move the Patriots make.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1