1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think a lot of people are just preemptively making excuses because they think it is inevitable that the Steelers won't get by the Patriots this year.

2. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Once again, the Cheats show their character. Or lack thereof.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well im not one of them... I always think we are gona win EVERY TIME:herewego!:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The argument most were making was that AB wanted out of his Steelers contract because he wanted more money, he got that and then gives it up because he is looking forward to 2020?

I don't buy it. People giving AB too much credit, he's not a mad genus, just a narcissistic nut job who keeps getting lucky that people reward him for bad behavior.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah, you just acknowledged it after we both brought it up. Nice try, but these threads do post in order. :rolleyes:

How are my ratings doing these past couple of pages? Have you crept in on them to see if AQL is supporting me?

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Is it time to move this thread to General NFL Talk? :shrug: Asking for a friend :roflmao:. On a personal level I’m actually more concerned about being accused of having a “Patriots obsession “ if I continue to comment on this. :hehehe:

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    On what planet does this look bad for the Steelers?

Seriously reaching, Scribe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    They're losing fantasy football points, that's how.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    A5B3DE65-A066-4EBD-8ED3-FC4DA0FEAF68.jpeg

WTF? They have infiltrated the sanctity of this board.Just when I thought signing AB was the most despicable thing they could have done.....this.

TTF how could you.....;)

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Because drama doesn't matter as long as a player produces......

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He still has a week to blow this opportunity :lolol:

12. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hopefully Marsha blows out an ACL in the first 4 weeks and this whole issue becomes a “What if”...

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Right because there's no prior evidence to suggest they won't when it matters. I really think some of you have memory loss or just live in denial.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Yes the NFL is a business, but it shouldn't be this corrupt of one. When one team or company has this much of a monopoly over the business you damn right should be mad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I've given up hope that will ever happen.

16. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I hear ya, but the tables do turn sometimes you know. We beat them last year, and came within a blown replay of beating them the year before that. Granted those games were at home but the notion that the Steelers aren't in the same league as them is totally off base

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Where did the patties get the money??? They only had 9 mil in cap space

Cajun

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    In terms of coaching I would say they've never been in the same league. But I guess last year was somewhat hopeful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It just so happens they had it lying around. What a coincidence!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I know a lot of people are trying to be hopeful that AB will do something stupid and get cut but I would say there's less than a five percent chance that happens. He's on the team for 16+ games. It sucks but it's gonna happen.

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers didn't make the playoffs, the Patriots won the Super Bowl. I wouldn't say it's totally off base.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I told you the NFL is rigged/WWE now but nobody wanted to listen... How much more proof do you need?

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no idea, but keep pushing that lie if it amuses you. I was talking about things AQL posted, not ratings. Somebody brought up the point about how the Raiders handled things and I answered it honestly. You should try it some time.
    I do get why you want to focus on your fiction about ratings or trying to make a thing out of me taking a few seconds to acknowledge some smaller point. As Steelers fans, Brown going to the Patriots is frustrating enough. It had to be worse for you after thinking you had some great message board victory when he was released only to have it taken away by the Patriots. Hopefully tonight is better for both of us

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you wanted to ignore it when Raiders supported Brown, but now one player anonymously says he is glad the guy is gone and suddenly his words matter

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think it is a bit of both, but can we agree that the Steelers rewarded Brown for bad behavior?
    I do think there was a method to his madness on the way out of Pittsburgh, but I doubt this was some grand scheme with ending up in New England on a one-year deal as the goal all along. Your description of Brown is a good one.
    That said, I still believe the Steelers got the bad end of all this. They handled it all poorly, weakened their own roster and contributed to their own pursuit of a championship becoming more difficult.