1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1 Steelers at Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Brady showed his age during the game in Pittsburgh last season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's a very tough spot because you know the Patriots will pick on him. I'm guessing having him out there in place of Davis is going to be costly for the Steelers.

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Wow. This turned out to be some weird pre-game day thread.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m more worried about our offense. Patriots usually stifle them

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Not only that, the first-team offense was barely on the field this preseason. No way are they going to be at their best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We must be able to cover the back out of the backfield and tackle him. No MISSED tackles
    can be had this game. Brady will throw the 4yd pass all day to work his way
    down the field. We must stop it.

7. HOT MODELS

HOT MODELS Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2019
    I was on a few Steeler boards 20 years ago and then working 100 hours a week. Only a Steelers fan in the 70s till Parcels took over. Now i watch both every Sunday. Wore a Steelers cap for many years and even have a Steelers jersey for models to wear. I loved when Ben was drafted and he might not be as popular now but loved Harrison. Like Bettis a lot to. He was a good team player and tough.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was on a few Steeler boards 20 years ago and then working 100 hours a week. Only a Steelers fan in the 70s till Parcels took over.

Parcels ??????

9. HOT MODELS

Sep 4, 2019
    Funny guy. I was shooting weddings when in 8th grade for family friends. Many always said my pics were more personable than the photographers and in college liked shooting models too. :0)

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    After the Steelers I am a fan of whoever plays the Eagles and Patriots.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Some years back Brady did just that and ate us alive in the first quarter. I think it was in Pittsburgh and was so F-ing depressing to watch. He was unstoppable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I assume he meant that he was a Steelers fan until the Patriots hired Parcells. Once his primary team showed signs of being good enough to follow, he switched primary allegiances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HOT MODELS

Sep 4, 2019
    Not my spell check that changed my correct spelling.

14. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Is AB eligible to play in game one? Does he need to clear waivers or anything?

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That knucklehead cannot play week one but he will play for the Pats starting week 2. U-FBelieveable.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not in 2017, Jesse caught it

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Here's the game plan. You see Brady? You hit him. He gets up, you hit him again. Too violent?

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Over/under on how many times the phrase help is on the way is uttered tomorrow night

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers DL needs to take over the game, the Pats have a backup center, and a LT starting his first game.:herewego!:

20. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    The Patriots game plan will be to pass out of running formations (or at least personnel) and run out of passing formations. When they have James White and James Develin in the backfield, the Steelers will counter with the base 3-4. The Patriots will split both backs out, sometimes outside the numbers, and isolate White on a LB. Burkhead and Michel will be used as well, in a bunch of different combinations. When they go to a 4 wide look, they will utilize zone blocking and let Michel find a hole.

I like the match-up of the Steelers defensive line vs the Patriots offensive line, but I have no faith in Keith Butler to get the right personnel groups on the field and to communicate.

The Steelers offense will be productive, but will stall in the red zone. After hanging around for 3 quarters, the Steelers will give up a big play and the Patriots will end the game in victory formation.

20-16 Patriots.

21. HOT MODELS

Sep 4, 2019
    My uncle who was a rams fan. had football on all the time. Patriot games were blacked out so you couldn't watch Patriot Games. I used to deal with the legend Johnny Unitas ant told him i was a Steelers fan and he liked the Steelers too. Unitas still had a big neck and hands in the 80s. Super nice guy. But I also became good friends with many of the Patriots that lived real close like i met Ty Law the first day out of training camp, Drew Bledsoe and Scott Zolack i saw 4 to 6 times every week. I knew many players, but never met, Adam V, Alan Branch from Giants. I saw leonard russell all the time and he had to carry football out to nightclubs for drops,by Parcels. I knew Vincent Brown, saw Ben Coates daily. Braschi helped me bring a sofa up the stairs of the photo studio.

I knew Todd Rucci, Matt Lane, Bruce Armstrong(saw him a lot) saw Terri Glenn at the market once a week, Dave Leggett lived right around the corner. Pat Harlow used one of my pictures for a Christmas card. So stayed a Steelers fan but had first row season tickets and took thousands of pics and loved when Steelers came to town. When Steelers came to town including for AFC Championship I would invite the Steeler fans to party with us and cook on our huge row of cookers. . Must have had a good 30 Steeler fans at least for a few of them. I bough a steelers shirt, wore my Steelers hat into the ground. Was never a cowboy fan and loved the play in the dirt football look of Bradshaw and crew and totally loved when Steelers beat Cowboys. Watched more games of Steelers to date than i have of Patriots for I never watched patriots for years. Had 2 extra tickets in first row one game and didn't sell them. Invited two of the Steeler fans in the heavens to join me in first row.

Someone here talking about Pats and bad talking them. I thing the pats have a 60percent chance of losing this game. What possible reason should the Steelers not win or at least cover? Bad enough how tom crumbles when sacked a few times, but early season he can crack on his own with a great O line and now it's a crap line and no fill ins during the game so they will be super tired dingle Bal-- Mcdaniels forgets to dink and dunk and has too many over the middle routes that get intercepted. All players were injured for receivers, none have played with Brady and Steelers had a boat load of sacks last year and should be even better this year. Gowkowski is a missing machine.If i was betting I'd bet the Steelers cover or win. I know both teams very well.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely a key but I remember all too well when SD was literally picking guys of the street and we couldn’t get a sniff....
    I’m cautiously optimistic....

23. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I remember the "off the street guys" also. I also remember how relentless Watt was in last years game. He made Brady uncomfortable the whole game. Mabye Watt is blossoming into a Brady killer like Von Miller? Our front seven will need to come up big and I think they do. I dont think the Pats are in the Steelers heads anymore judging by the last two meetings.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The good news is we’ll find out soon enough. This is extra fuel for the fire. If we lay a egg up there this time, I will have serious doubts about this season. I still get the feeling that this team has a fragile psyche and they may be teetering on the edge. We need success early to build on. IMO. There’s been too much talk about being a more focused, prepared and unified team to **** the bed....

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they sack Brady 3-4 times