1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Fair enough.

For the record, I may have been a tad hyperbolic when I called to sit him 2 years. ;) I knew that wasn't reasonable or even doable.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know...….my granddaughter is 6. She acts like this when you tell her to put down her I pad. (Mom and Dad are a bit lenient)

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Looks like they bought the 'heartfelt apology.' :lolol:

Suckers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    My biggest takeaway from all this is that at least we are not the Raiders. What a bunch of clowns, can it get any worst for a franchise. If I was a raiders fan (I know.. most raiders fans are serving prison sentences or busy being unemployed aholes) I would burn my gear and find another team fast.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope the Broncos beat the **** out of the Raiders and there's a huge AB meltdown after the game. This will be the first time I've rooted for Flacco to win since the Ravens played the Patriots in the AFC Championship. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's stunning. That guarantee money is locked in if he plays Monday, yes?

They are fools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Hat in hand is not AB’s style. I would imagine that while the words came out of his mouth, it was really Drew Rosenhaus talking.

Vontaze Burfict held him back when he went for the Raiders GM, and OJ Simpson advised him to chill. Does he even realize the implications of having those two particular people acting as the voices of reason and restraint in his life? I think that he will behave until after the first game at the latest, protecting his guarantee, then will revert to form.

AB needs help for mental health issues and is not getting it.

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    It's pathetic that it's even gotten to that point with him where u have to let a grown man throw his tantrums.. He's not a real man that's for certain

10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Makes no sense at all. Suspend 1 game and you control the finances for the rest of the contract (from what I understand). By playing the first game he is guaranteed this years money. Just a moronic move.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :shock:

So..... all that Mark Davis for nothing?! Does Mark Davis even care what happens to his franchise?! He does realize his team is moving to "Sin City" right?! That destination alone for Roger Goodell's future plans for the league is IMMENSE. Having this level of ineptitude will not help.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Can you believe those M*****F****** Crackers bought that s***?" -Antonio Brown

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly.
    This is Drew getting his 3% of $30M and convincing the Raiders to not suspend him.

This is also going to make the inevitable final explosion that much bigger. The Raiders had all of the power, 100% of it, and they caved. AB is even more empowered now because he has yet again gotten away with it. This isn't the first time that AB has snapped. Or the second ("I'll break your jaw") or the third (throwing water coolers), or the 4th (getting into shouting matches with the coaches), or the fifth (shoving his baby mama), or the sixth (throw furniture off of a balcony)......and that's just off of the top of my head.

AB is now on strike 7. At least. If Gruden or Mayock or Davis or any other Raider or Raider fan thinks that this 'heartfelt apology' is sincere and things will be different going forward, they're idiots. It's only a matter of time before the next blow up and I can't wait because it's going to be nuclear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    May have already been posted, but I read that even Raider players are saying Steelers “fleeced” them twice.

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah, I'll be a Flacco fan for MNF. Hell I'll even stay up for the game just to see how things play out. And it's the damn second Monday night game.

16. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    This just goes to show how brain dead both AB and the Raiders are.

I'm guessing Drew Rosenhaus had to draw AB pictures to explain what would happen if they cut him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know whats awesome? We are 15 pages into this topic and the most pressing topic we have for our Favorite team is the depth at TE behind Vanimal. Life is good in Steeler Nation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Guys.. The only reason he is even apologizing is because he realizes now how much money he stands to lose and his agent Drew must have been in his ear. Just give it time . He will be back and show again why the Steelers were once again brilliant in getting rid of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is like a domestic abuser. Beats you senseless then falls allover himself apologizing, swearing never to do it again and then bam right hook.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And that, boys and girls, was the story of how Mike Mayock's balls were crushed into oblivion never to be seen or heard from again. -The End!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    There are a few lucid, seeming in-the-know posters on The Raiders Fans and Black Reign that have stated that the letter from the Raiders/Mayock to AB regarding the fines and the reasons for them is all that was needed as a future null and void, as it were, regarding the $30 million dollar bonus and that he didn't have to be suspended for that to be the case. I don't pretend to know what's in his contract, and I'm not going to try and find out but, some of these posters seemed to be convinced that that letter was all that was needed if future financial withholding in warranted.

And yes many Raiders' fans are lamenting that the Steelers fleeced them not only with the AB trade, but also with the Bryant trade. I read where several said the Raiders should never do business with Pittsburgh again. Sounds like a form of gas lighting to me. You wanted Chucky, you got him. Chucky and Mark Davis wanted AB, they got him.

Oh, and pro sports aren't day care centers. So enough of this business that Steelers management is responsible for this moron's present behavior.

23. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Letting him off the hook is absurd! They are basically banking on him not pulling any more sh*t as this is their chance to dodge the financial hit of his contract all together, before his next outburst.

Raiders would of known that if they suspended Brown and he lost his guarantee that he would sit out and that’s the end of any potential production from him.

It’s a dead cert he’s going to cause more trouble. Sickening to think he’ll get paid before inevitably screwing up again.

Looking forward to when his teammates finally have had enough and turn against him!

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Gruden said this morning that Brown will play. The Raiders started floating talk of suspension and trying to void his contract and suddenly Brown is apologizing and ready to play. It's almost as if the guy backs down when somebody stands up to him. I wonder if that could have worked in other situations. Hmmm

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's a way to do it if you want to look past Tomlin's flaws and put everything on Brown.

Actually, as of today, the Raiders' approach had Brown apologizing and ready to play Monday.