1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It could be a totally different story, they could have ruined Mahomes by now just like the Browns did with umpteen QB's.:smiley1:

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah lost the locker room because one idiot acted up :shrug:

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Do you remember LeVeon Bell and Martavis Bryant? Do you remember how disgruntled Ben has been over the teams lack of accountability? Do you remember the huge talent on the Steelers rosters who couldn't make the playoffs or were one and done?

YES! he lost the locker room.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's nice to see defense making a comeback last night, Packers/Bears game. Aren't we as Steelers fans supposed to appreciate good defense?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Of course!!

As I have told you, Thorn, Iowajim and others. Unthinkably, colossal bulverism.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That guy was just joking

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thank you for your cervix.

Oh, you're insulted? I guess you'll get over it. Calm down hero.

Many combat vets on this board. I'm neither naive nor insulting our military, but nice try. And while I agree that boot camp is designed to separate the wheat from the chaff, anyone who has served more than 8 weeks of boot camp has seen their fair share of Joe sh!tbags out there in uniform. Let's not try to pretend that doesn't happen.

I'm bored with this horsesh!t. Out here.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is exactly my point.

Tomlin and Company were able to control AB, and get all those highly productive years out of him. This is the definition of a productive manager.

All the time no one on the outside knew what was going on in the locker room, and all they saw was one of the the most successful WRs of all time working on Sundays.

Seems like all those fans that left because of Tomlin's management style should be putting their tail between their legs and scurrying back home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Auto correct on my phone. I talk a lot of crap about LaDainian on forums lol

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell was about money, it didn't mean the locker room was lost :facepalm:. Bryant is a pothead, him getting suspended is on him, try harder next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I'm not absolving AB for anything. It's Tomlin's fault for letting him get away with this for years. Everyone is talking about it and recognizes Tomlin lost the locker room for it.

You forget Laguerette Blount, you forget James Harrison or how many others got pissed off under him.

I'll tell you what, I bet you if Andy mfer Reid or Bellicheat was our coach AB would've never acted up or his azz would of been benched or shipped out.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I do

13. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I could see if it was several players all on the same team at the same time. LeVeon Bell wanted more money. Gave him an offer (actually better than he has with the Jets) but he was so determined to "set the market" for running backs. Additionally, investing in a running back with that type of money is not very good business especially when their shelf life is maybe 4 years.
    Martvais Bryant was a drug addict with a "one trick". Never was going to amount to much.
    Now AB. I don't care what Tomlin or Colbert did in giving him some freedom, what happen to being a "Professional". Regardless how much leash his bosses gives him That is not a license to embarassed yourself, the team and the entire National Football League.

Now, maybe Tomlin did not pull in the rains like he should of with certain players. Ben has no room to talk about anyone or anybody. In my opinion they should of ditched him when he had his run-in in Georgia, riding a motorcyle with no helmet and something with Paris Hilton I believe was the young lady.

When you say "lost the locker room", that to me means the players are about to revolt against the coach, walk out on the team or purposely tanking their play on the field. When bottom of the roster players are not listening to the coach and being distruptive in the locker room.

When you have a few star players who think they are above everyone, we give you some freedoms that we feel you deserve based on your performance, work effort and OFF THE FIELD behavior, we expect you to respect those freedoms.

14. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27551830

"The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation." Get him out of the league.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If Andy Reid was the coach we'd still be searching for super Bowl number 6

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Thankfully for you, our military protects douchbags and heroes and everything in between.

17. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    The Steelers handled him great...9 years of solid productivity, and you, me nor anybody else on the outside looking in knew that he was a whackjob. Then when he finally reached his breaking point, they sent him packing. Someone else's problem now

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I think we found Joe the sh!tbag masquerading as a high speed low drag Audie Murphy over here on the Steelers MB. Nice try, but you can go peddle your CAB (participation trophy) and AAM ETS award where your family and homeboys will be impressed.

Thank you for your cervix bwahahahaha

20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I can almost guarantee the Raiders are checking with their legal team to see what their options are...... Brown initiated and provoked the situation. Kinda wish he had thrown a punch.... he'd get to spend some time behind bars and have a talk with Mr Goodell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    That damn LaDainian. At least we aren't talking about Lily Tomlin.

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    That wasn't defense. That was a ****ty QB and the refs throwing a flag on every other play. Product last night was trash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I wondered how long it would be before he made it racial.

24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    i can't get over how many people are running with the idea that if only Tomlin had practiced tough love on AB he would not be melting down now. I have seen absolutely nothing in AB's behavior that makes me think he would have responded well to Tomlin being a disciplinarian. If anything I think that likely would have just accelerated the meltdown.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Supposedly Brown just issued a heartfelt apology at a team meeting this morning ..... there goes the suspension .. lol