1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I'm worried about Sunday night!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    dopes.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Screenshot_20190801-234940_Bleacher Report.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Here is why I am not worried.

1. we beat them then awesome, they still probably end up in the superbowl.
    2. we lose to them, see #1

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Until Brady retires it really doesn't even matter.. They'll somehow be in the super Bowl even if they win 3-2 and look like garbage every game

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sickening thought: If not for the NFC East coming through Tommy boy would be strutting around with a ring on all 10 digits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

Even if we win at Gillette... Seattle will destroy us in the home opener. :facepalm:

Steelers will go into Seattle game with big heads since we just won our Super Bowl vs. Patriots... Wilson will throw for 450 yards and 4 TDs.

Steelers have been known for mind-blowing, egg lays at home early in the season.... Chiefs and Ravens last year for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :puking 3:

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe they should consider placing a statue of Eli at the Greater Pittsburgh Airport? :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a bad idea!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Now that's just silly!

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not if we finally beat them in the playoffs.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Why would a Steeler fan be worried about Sunday night?

Welp; there are a host of reasons:
    1. Because their coach "always" has them ready and our coach seldom has the Steelers ready.
    2. Because their coach makes solid "in game" decisions and our coach makes poor "in game" decisions.
    3. Because nobody beats the Patriots at home.

But all is not lost:
    1. There are some who will tell you that the only reason Tomlin was ever ill-prepared for a game or a season was because of Bell and Brown.
    2. There are those who say Tomlin was always prepared regardless of Bell and Brown. We just weren't that talented.
    3. There are those who say that now that Bell and Brown are gone Tomlin will shine.
    4. Then there are those of us who hope and pray that the management of the Steelers learned their lesson and will have a new fire in their belly this year and the team will take it out on the first opposing team we see.

I'm leaning toward #4

Edited to add that I am choosing #4 only because 1, 2, and 3 are pure BS.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They'll beat us 3-2 lol

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nah it’s more likely we lose in San Fran than Seattle at home

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    However, they won 3 on things out of their control. (1.) Got in on the infamous and now deleted "tuck rule." (2.) Dumb coaching decision by Seahags not to go Beast-Mode at the goal line. (3.) Falcons coach playing conservative with a 28-3 lead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Dude, I don't even know what to say to you at this point. I hope there is no strings, ropes, knifes, weapons, sharp objects, dull objects, silly putty, hangers, and so on in your home. I bet a day out with you is unforgettable. "Heinz, lets go out for some ice cream." Heinz - "No, it will probably rain, and if it doesn't, a semi will run over me when I walk out the front door." "Ok Heinz, lets stay in and watch tv." Heinz - "Ok, but we will probably experience an electrical surge and lightening will shoot out the plug-ins shocking me to the point I can't get up when the house begins to burn down." "Well, let's just sit here and breath then." Heinz - "You know, I don't breath anymore because Tom Brady has been using all my oxygen while beating the Steelers. Last year when the Steelers won, it was the first time I have took a breath in years!" Do you need a hug?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No... no need for a hug. I'd be happy at this point if any team in the AFC would make the Super Bowl besides the Patriots. It don't have to be the Steelers. I'm sorry but at this point... It would be great to see the Browns, Ravens... hell anybody besides the god damn Patriots in the Super Bowl. I am so f**king sick of the god damn Patriots... and the total ineptitude of the entire AFC. It sucks knowing who is going to win it all year in and year out... and there's nothing any other team can do about it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Huh! People used to say the same thing about the Bills!

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Come on Bro! Sometimes you combine logic with your doom and gloom and sometimes I swear you were taught by Browns fans who's only recollection of a proud organization is what their grand-dad tells them about the former Ravens!

I honestly believe our ownership and management royally screwed the pooch over the last few years but I still believe there is reason to believe they learned their lesson and we can beat anyone! Even the cheaters, in their home, when they present their #6 rings, with King Roger in their back pocket!

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    For the Bills it was only like 4 or 5 years and at least when they did get to the SB they lost every time lol.

For the Patriots it's been well over a decade and it's ridiculous. And to me it's Belicheck who's most important to that team not Brady. If he would just retire already...

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    True but, in the 60s, it was the Packers. 70s it was us. 80s it was the 9ers. 90s it was the Bills and Cowboys. It's just the Cheats turn now. Granted, their turn has lasted WAY too long. I'll be giggling like a schoolgirl when Bellychuck quits!!

22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m worried it could be a sloppy field with the hurricane out there in the Atlantic.

23. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Watching how rusty the Bears was knowing their first team offense had almost no reps in preseason games...

Historically Ben has started slow & he as usual had very little reps in preseason games...

We need our QB to be sharp ...hope Ben don't stink-up the place

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Heinz, I really do hope you know I love ya man. I certainly share your feelings towards the Patriots, I just live with a little more hope.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The real slap would be Bos missing a last second chip shot FG and losing 3-2. You know he earned that bonus in preseason, no need to produce now.