1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Predictions for NFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Aug 27, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do this just for ****s and giggles. I like to pick the 12 teams I think will make playoffs. I think the best I ever did was 9 of 12. Injuries play a huge part. I'll check back after week 17 and see how bad/good I did.

AFC= A-holes/Colts/Jaguars/Browns/Chiefs/Chargers
    NFC= Saints/Eagles/Vikings/Bears/Rams/49ers

SB=Chiefs over Eagles

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Quite a bit to get into here! Definitely have a PLENTY of predictions. Here are some of the predictions I personally have though.

1.) Chicago will finish as the number one defense in PPG again.

I could name list the names here, but Khalil Mack truly is another case of what I call "BEAST". There really is not much he cannot do as a pass rusher. The man simply is unstoppable. He alone gives Chicago another dimension to an already transcendent defense.

2.) New England splits games with all three AFC East opponents for the first time under Bill Belichick.

The last time this came close to happening was in the infamous 2008 season. Both New York and Miami ended up splitting the series to the Pats. Given Buffalo's, Miami's and New York's improved interiors on the front seven; each with ascending defenses to boot, this years AFC East is going to be far more difficult to win than in the previous years. Add in the improvement of Buffalo's Josh Allen, New York's Sam Darnold and Miami playing at home being Tom Brady's recent "House of Horrors", the Pats unrivaled dominance within their own division may be coming to an end.

3.) Daniel Jones takes over for Eli Manning after Week 6.

Here are the first six opponents for the New York Football Giants.

1. Dallas Cowboys
    2. Buffalo Bills
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4. Washington Redskins
    5. Minnesota Vikings
    6. New England Patriots

Of the six opponents listed, four of these teams are loaded defensively in the Cowboys, Bills, Redskins and Vikings. All the aforementioned four have front sevens which are easily top ten in the league and arguably top five. Of the aforementioned four however, Minnesota has arguably the most talented of the bunch from front seven to secondary. Why am I mentioning all of this?! Eli is going to get hit... A LOT. Granted, New York's line is MUCH IMPROVED from a year ago and could potentially add someone like Laremy Tunsil in a trade. That being said, even with the likes of him, those games are going to be brutal. Should Eli falter within this time, do not be surprised to see Daniel Jones sooner than later.

4.) Aaron Donald wins DPOY again.

Surprised?! You shouldn't be. Aaron Donald is the best player in the game today. There really is not a weakness about him. He fits the modern archetype for the 4-3 Defensive Tackle. Once a requirement to be 6'3+, 295lbs machines, Aaron Donald is shattering the mold. He is a mold breaker. Mold breakers like him.. well... break molds!

5.) Philadelphia Eagles win the NFC East.

Not too surprising but please, here me out. Assuming Eli stinks it up and Daniel Jones get the nod, the Giants will be much more interesting an opponent. The Redskins are... okay and will likely split the series with Philly. Their issue is Case Keenum... yes.. THAT Case Keenum. Dallas is their biggest challenger.. or should I say Ezekiel Elliot. No Elliot means very little success for the Cowboys. As mentioned before, that front seven is great. Their back end however... is not. A healthy Carson Wentz with that defense?! A possibility to add Jadeveon Clowney?! Oh yes, their hype to win the division is warranted and should not be within question.

6.) Jacksonville returns to the playoffs but is a Wild Card Team.

Nick Foles and John DeFilippo were MAJOR reasons in Philly's first ever Super Bowl. They also had a great defense. Guess where Nick goes to?! A near carbon copy of the same situation he was in circa 2017. Great rushing attack?! Check. Great Defense?! Check. The issue?! Their offensive line will be good no doubt. How good remains to be seen. Their Wide Receiving corps is also an issue. No Alshon Jeffery on their roster that I see. That being said, should Jacksonville perform well with Nick Foles, look for the Jaguars to generate some SERIOUS noise in the AFC yet again; the entire Conference being put on notice as a result.

7.) Buffalo beats Cleveland for the tie breaker to get back into the NFL Playoffs.

These two teams will meet in Week Nine. It is possible that both teams will either have one game ahead of the other or both be hovering at around .500. Cleveland gets to deal with the likes of the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots early while Buffalo also gets New England but face the 2017 Super Bowl Champion Eagles. I can imagine that, whomever wins this Week Nine match-up will likely snatch their spot into the post-season. I still believe that Cleveland is a year away from contention due to a major reason. Speaking of which...

8.) Cleveland finishes with a winning record for the first time since 2007 but gets swept by Pittsburgh and splits the series with Baltimore.

I understand that a Browns fan with seething anger is not happy. I can understand. Talent wise, is there ANY team more stacked than the Browns?! Potentially Outside of the Eagles, the Falcons (when healthy), the Chiefs (more on them in a bit) and the Chargers (Derwin James Factor here), not really. That all said, if this decade taught us Steelers fans anything, talented teams don't always play as a "team". For that matter, talented teams with a lot of personalities are even more volatile and combustible. Add in a first year Head Coach in Freddie Kitchens, a good but not great Offensive Line and tough division foes in both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Cleveland will win more games than they have ever had since 2007 but Pittsburgh and Baltimore will win out in the end.

9.) Kansas City wins the AFC West but does not secure the Number one seed in the conference.

Sacrilege?! Sure, why not?! Patrick Mahomes returns. Frank Clark is on the verge of being a Super Star and most importantly, Tyreek Hill is not suspended (for now). That being said, why am I not sold on Kansas City being the number one seed in the conference?! Their first six games are essentially gauntlets of impressive NFL Defenses. Sans both Detriot Oakland, the likes of Jacksonville, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Houston are no slouches. Think it gets easier?! Nope!! Von Miller and Bradley Chubb come in Week Seven; Green Bay's improved front seven the week after. After that, Minnesota jumps in the fray! Now, has that ever stopped Patrick Mahomes from being great; this offense no less?! No, of course not. However, given the fact that teams have now planned for a much better idea to limit Mahomes overall (their Preseason Week Two matchup against Pittsburgh being an example), things will not go smoothly for Mr. Mahomes. Speaking of which...

10.) Patrick Mahomes wins NFL MVP again but loses in the playoffs in the first round to either Pittsburgh/Jacksonville.

I will not be surprised if Patrick wins the NFL MVP again. I will also not be surprised if Kansas City falls in the playoffs in the first round to either of the aforementioned. Why just Jacksonville and Pittsburgh though?! Battle tested QB's who have had success with great defenses to boot. Patrick had lost to such a combo in the likes of Bill Belichick (Defense) and Tom Brady. Both Nick Foles and Big Ben have enough playoff experience to do some damage. Add in Pittsburgh's revamped defense along with much of Jacksonville's returning defense, Patrick Mahomes will have a MUCH more difficult outing against either of these teams than he did a season ago.

I know I am missing out on others, such as Saquon winning the rushing title, the New York Jets fielding a top five run defense (yes I said that) Pittsburgh leading the league in sacks yet again or even the likes of Atlanta winning the NFC South. These ten though stick out to me far more than anything else.

Quite the season we can look forward to for certain!! :herewego:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AFC Chiefs, SD, Steelers, Pats, Jax, Ravens
    NFC Saints, Eagles, Dallas, Chicago, Greenbay, Rams
    Super bowl. Chiefs vs Saints
    Superbowl Champs Saints.

EDIT 8-27-2019

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Patriots
    Chiefs
    Ravens
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Steelers

Dallas
    Rams
    Vikings
    Saints
    Bears
    Buccaneers

Ravens vs Steelers= Steelers
    Titans vs jags= jags

Vikings vs buccaneers= bucs
    Saints vs bears= bears

Patriots vs Steelers= patriots
    Chiefs vs jags = chiefs

Dallas vs bucs= Dallas
    Rams vs bears = bears

Patriots vs chiefs = patriots
    Dallas vs bears = patriots

Patriots vs patriots= patriots

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    AFC: Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, Jags, Chargers, Browns

NFC: Rams, Bears, Saints, Eagles, Packers, Falcons

SB: Steelers vs Rams

Winner: Steelers

MVP: Wentz
    DPOY: Donald

OROY: Josh Jacobs
    DROY: Josh Allen

6. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    They might drop one to Miami (they generally do) but I dont see them losing another game to teams in the AFCE

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This year it is different for both. Darnold and Allen are FAR different from any of their predecessors. Add in both New York's and Buffalo's improved defenses and this season will be more difficult for New England to stream-roll their division.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Despite the stranglehold NE has on their division, they haven't swept their rivals (6-0) since 2012.
    (The Steelers managed to do that in 2017.)

9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    AFC-Division winners
    Chiefs
    Steelers
    Texans
    Pats
    Wild Cards-Chargers, Jags

NFC-Division Winners
    Rams
    Packers
    Saints
    Eagles
    Wild Cards-Seahawks, Cowboys

Super Bowl-Saints over Pats

10. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Every year I have a prediction like the jags from last year - a lock for the play offs and then they bomb but here goes...

AFC
    Pats
    Jags
    Steelers
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Browns

NFC
    Eagles
    Vikings
    Saints
    Rams
    Cowboys
    Bears

Eagles over chiefs in superbowl

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    AFC:
    Cheats
    Steelers
    Jags
    Chargers
    Chiefs
    Ravens (hard not to take the Texans here)

NFC:
    Cowpies
    Vikings
    Falcons
    Rams
    Bears
    Aint's

SB: Steelers over Falcons

No AB, no Bell, & definitely no Browns

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Seeds:

1. Pats
    2. Steelers
    3. Chiefs
    4. Jags
    5. Broncos
    6. Ravens

1. Saints
    2. Eagles
    3. Rams
    4. Packers
    5. Seahawks
    6. Bears

SB Steelers over Saints

13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Here are my homer predictions:

AFC

Chiefs
    Steelers
    Patsies
    Texans
    Ravens
    Browns

NFC

Eagles
    Packers
    Saints
    Lambs
    Bears
    Vikings

Wildcard games

Patsies over Browns
    Ravens over Texans
    Saints over Vikings
    Bears over Lambs

Division games

Chiefs over Ravens
    Steelers over Patsies
    Eagles over Bears
    Packers over Saints

Championship games
    Steelers over Chiefs
    Eagles over Packers

Super Bowl

Steelers over Eagles

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    A Pennsylvania bowl would be awesome with philly losing because they are trash lol

16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry I disliked but I HATE the eagles.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You just love seeing me suffer:) We have been over this before. There are at least 20 Eagle flags out on flag poles in my neighborhood. If that would ever happen I'd go to my sister's house by Pittsburgh and hide away for SB.

Go Cowboys!!

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah but I said philly losing and us winning lol

19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    SB

Cowboys 30
    Ravens 16

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I feel cowboys are very close to winning one. Stout O line and D line. Great linebackers, great special teams, great running game and qb does enough to extend plays.

21. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    come on man, I hate them more than anyone but picking Buffalo is like those idiots on talk shows saying how brady and the cheats won't even make it to the playoffs yet they win the SB every year....

Cheat4Life will cruise to the playoffs again..... I'm pretty sure Marsha will get MVP again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    2019-2020 NFL predictions:

Steelers - We miss the playoffs by a controversial ending to the last game of the season. With 2 seconds left and the Steelers at the opponents 5 yd line ready to kick the winning field goal and able to call a timeout to basically win the game, Tomlin unexpectedly throws his challenge flag. Two problems with this, 1. he is challenging the spot of the ball that it should be at the 4 yd line with zero indication or need for this.... 2. he previously lost 2 other stupid challenges in the first half. The refs are so confused by how dumb this mfer is and decide to just end the game and we lose the needed one game to get in the playoffs

AB - during week 3 AB is suspended for 4 games for his antics in week 2 where for an unknown reason he takes off his helmet on the field and ask people to tbag him. AB is then permanently suspended via the commissioners list after failing drug tests for every drug known to man and he is taking testosterone after his failed attempt at becoming a women. He has low T now is his argument....

AFC - due to our idiot coach and pretty much every team sucking the Cheats make it to the SB again.
    NFC - No one cares...because cheats.

SB - Cheats win, Marsha is queen again with MVP throwing for 1000yds, 100 td and he ran 5 rushing td and also played defense. Good news is he is so bored he just quits ending their dynasty....but they now have more SB then us.

MVP - Nick Foles, he takes the Jags to the AFC championship game.

Mahomes - has an awful year and is not the 2nd coming of anything.

The Browns - they still suck and all the bandwagoneers can eat it.

ROY - I don't care

Defensive player of the year - some beast named Aaron Donald...

Most controversial move of the year - after another missed playoff due to coaching the Steelers decide to make Mike Tomlin Coach Emeritus with a 50 year fully guaranteed contract with a clause that he can never be fired for any reason period.

Self Prediction - I stop watching football

23. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    A little off-topic, but after reading Pete Prisco's week 1 picks, I realize I've been doing it wrong.
    I thought a "team pulling off an upset" meant them winning. My bad.

"I think the Denver defense will limit Derek Carr and the offense here as Denver will pull off an upset.
    Pick: Raiders 21, Broncos 17
    "

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You are greatly underestimating Buffalo's defense overall. You are also underestimating the offensive line additions; Mitch Morse being their biggest acquisition. The question is Josh Allen. Will he improve?! I personally think he can.

Should Josh play well enough, there is no reason not to see Buffalo shocking a number of people beating New England. Keep in mind that much of this same Buffalo team shocked a heavily playoff favored Minnesota Vikings team a year ago.

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

AFC = Patriots/Steelers/Jaguars/Chiefs/Chargers/Ravens
    NFC = Eagles/Bears/Saints/Rams/Vikings/Seahawks

SB = Steelers over Bears