1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I do. Rod was an awesome Steeler and they are the ones who botched his exit.

He also could care less about getting back into Steelers nation, don't know where you got that idea.

He won a SB with the Ravens, I don't think he is regretting his decision.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah I just have the ability to weed through the nonsense people spit out to create drama. Tomlin is a natural and good leader by MOST people's accounts. Tomlin wouldn't be with the Steelers for 13 years if he wasn't a good coach and leader.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...s-Mike-Tomlins-coaching-philosophy-119958437/

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation...ke-tomlin-is-here-to-win-not-to-be-understood

As the 2nd article stated it boils down to wins vs loses. Win and all is well regardless of the issues. Lose and people will search for any and every reason why the team failed.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The second article states that Tomlin's win-loss record since 2007 is only bettered by Belichick, so the winning has been there, no?

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    People have been taking shots at other people whom they've never met since the dawn of time. Welcome to the human race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think its that simplistic. Belicheck was fired from Cleveland for not winning. Obviously he is a great coach that was on a team with poor talent and ownership/organization. He didn't read "Coaching Football for Dummies" and figured out how to win. The Steelers, in my opinion, are the complete opposite. We have a questionable coach on a team thats had great talent and ownership/ organization. The question that I keep trying to figure out is how many games did we lose that we shouldn't have or rings that we missed out on (see disgraceful playoff loss at home to Jax 2 yrs ago). This is an old topic and beaten to death (see threads after last seasons last game and may see same after last game this season if not before) with so many differing opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Belechick went 11-5 in his 3rd season at cleveland and made the playoffs and they fired him the following season, I think that was a mistake on their part.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was responding to your statement 'win and all is well regardless of the issues'. Tomlin's been winning, but all is not well.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ya think?o_O;+)

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Also in 95 BBs 4th season Modell anounced he was moving the Browns to Baltimore in 96 and the team was in turmoil over that announcement causing a bad 4-12 season and I dont think BB wanted any part in making that move and he probably told modell he wanted out, But the Browns never fired Belichick. Art Modell's yet-to-be named Baltimore franchise fired him.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Semantics. The Browns technically didn't exist when he was fired, but the owner of that edition of the Browns fired him.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Then why is he randomly around the Steelers now the last 2 years? Go hang out with the Ravens. Oh yeah, they are another trash bag organization that doesn't do a lot for former players.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't know why, but I'm happy to see it (I really haven't been paying attention to it). I don't take what Rod Woodson does personally, you probably shouldn't either.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I understand the disliking for Harrison after he went to the cheats. I posted a few times the pic of him standing there while confetti rained down on him after the Super Bowl loss.

That being said Harrison was a beast while he was with the Steelers. Feared. Who on this defense of today is feared? Maybe Watt.

Without Harrison their is no 6th Lombardi. Period.

Maybe he went to the cheats to piss off Tomlin and the brass. Our Steelers have had great success against them cheats right?! Belicheat thought he had something left as a part time player, and used him. Can't say the same for Tomlin.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who cares? What's most important is Harrison didn't piggy back his way to a cheap SB ring :hehehe:.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Look my problem with it is if the Steelers want players to stop pulling Harrisons, AB's, Bells. They need to stop welcoming back players who do them dirty. It will make these players think twice. AB's agents comments right after the fiasco was something along the lines of I think AB and Pittsburgh will make amends after he retires. Like no. No doubt in my mind his agent is telling him we can force our way out, get more money, and then comeback to Pittsburgh once you retire. Look they welcomed back Harrison, Woodson, etc. Polamlau and Ward deserve all the praise for what they did. It diminishes it when you start welcoming back players who did the organization wrong.

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Rooney doesn't hold grudges.
    How did Woodson do the organization wrong? (I'm not commenting on the others, because opinions vary greatly).

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How did you get a job at the Steelers facility?? Damn, I'm jealous.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He took less money to play with the Ravens. First Ravens player in the HoF.

Never be a Steeler to me after those two sentences.

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

james-harrison-patriots-super-bowl-lii.jpg

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    May have been good news for us?

21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Ithought he went in as a Steeler

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    From what I can see, the hall recognizes every team a player played for. They do use bold for the team they played the longest for.

• Like Like x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He took less money than the Niners paid him the previous season?

24. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    So a hall of a famer and the the best Steelers linebacker of this century have said Tomlin is not a good leader, and everyone thinks they are full of it?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I am not discounting concerns about Tomlin; however, I am not buying that Tomlin is a failed leader just because Harrison and Woodson said so.

Woodson has no first hand knowledge of the inter-workings of the team. Harrison left the team under less than ideal circumstances (and may still be angry about how things played out).