1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chase winovich

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Paul Cusumano, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Paul Cusumano

Paul Cusumano New Member

Aug 24, 2019
    Its going to be dionte Johnson vs winovich....because winovich looks like a future star....hometown steeler boy sitting there in round 3 and the Steelers passed on him...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hmmmmmm help out an older brain here please. Cusumano, was that from HBO's The Soprano's???? It is ringing a bell. And if it is your name then I apologize.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was a big Chase fan but DJ is looking good, too.

I can see them both shining.

4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Everyone has been singing ola's praises... t. Skip is showing out and dupree appears to be turning a corner.... plus watt ...
    Aside from having the perfect name for an edge rusher, exactly what would we do with him

6. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    one thing I've learned over the years...steelers like them young...mostly always drft juniors...chase is 24...he's only good for one contract

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Say bye bye to bud after the season and pencil a better player in winovich into the lineup? Simple

8. Paul Cusumano

Paul Cusumano New Member

Aug 24, 2019
    Yes Sopranos next door neighbor dr cusumano!

• Like Like x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Water under the bridge.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    How are you looking at him? He's always injured.

They could have gone Chase/DJ worst case. So you could argue they took a WR converted to DB and project, Justin Layne over him.

Draft was a mess after Bush. I guess everybody was too busy celebrating losing arguably best RB, WR, 2nd round pick to move up 10 spots for Bush. I don't get it.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Johnson keeps getting hurt while Winovich looks like an impact player for the Patriots. Dupree is very likely to be gone after this season. Skipper flashed some against scrubs, but he is a long way from proving he is anything more than bench material.

As SDOT pointed out, they probably could have gotten both Winovich and Johnson. As it is, they took the guy who looks like he is going to be the lesser player. If nothing else, the injuries seem like they are going to limit Johnson's impact this season.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I wanted Winovich pretty bad. He was far and away the top player on my board when the Steelers stunned me with the Johnson pick. In the past I’ve wanted players the Steelers didn’t take, and I ended up being right and the Steelers wrong. I’ve also wanted players the Steelers didn’t take, and I ended up being wrong and the Steelers right. Too soon to say which it will be with Winovich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But we have sutton smith that can play all positions. Can Chase do that?:cool:

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who?

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well no one has actually seen him but legend has it..............:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Truth

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    there are guys like this every year, I used to get my panties in a bunch over them and the what if scenarios....but really I just keep tabs on them for the next couple years and see how they do. Sometimes I am dead on and sometimes I am dead wrong....just like the Steelers. Everyone here has hit and missed on prospects just like the Steelers have, it just shows you how much of a crapshoot the draft is.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ravens really like Miles Boykin too.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    To be honest our udfas have looked good so who is ahead? I wouldn't anoint Voinovich droy just yet. We have some talent as well. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When was the last time the Steelers drafted a 24 year old rookie?

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Anybody have a wager who will be better, Chase or Devin?

23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I was sure the Steelers were going to take Winovich and that he’d offer cover this year and then slip in to Buds role next season when they lose him in FA. Winovich looks like a really good prospect but it’s a good point that he is older than what the Steelers normally go for. As someone else said you can’t draft everyone.

Trading up for Devin Bush was really expensive, losing the second rounder limited the options somewhat. Time will tell if it was the right thing to do.

On the DJ pick I must say I like the look of him and I hope he can be a good player for the Steelers in the future. If he is then we can’t have too many complaints.