1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Aug 23, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I know he's catering to the low IQ fan base here and trying to hold onto to the few Steelers fans he's got left. But when does it stop? We don't need traitors speaking on Steelers business. Steelers really need to distance themselves from him. Avy check.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I distance myself from anything Harrison speaks of but as I said before out of respect for one of the greatest Steeler SB plays ever IMO he gets a pass from me.

I am not a Tomlin hater but I do feel he let's players get away with way too much. Living in Eagle land I am forced to see a lot about Doug Pederson and he seems to know how to handle the players better then our boy Mike.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I hate what happened with JH, and I hate how he handled himself with everything, but the question asked in this clip is "who needs to improve more as a leader" between Tomlin and Ben. JH is just saying it's Tomlin's job to enforce from the top down. I don't see what JH is saying as anything other than an answer to the question he was asked.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Meh. Thats Harrisons job now, being an NFL commentator. He's just doing his job and giving his opinion. Can't get angry at the guy for that.

What is aggravating though, is Marcellus Wiley's disdain for Ben. I think Ben must've banged his wife or sister or someone before, because the dude is non stop slamming Ben. Notice he's the ONLY one who picked Ben in that segment. Before foot-gate and helmet-gate he was all in in apologizing for AB and blaming Ben, and now even after both distractions, he STILL blames Ben. Most annoying is that yesterday he said something about Ben now "opening up the lake house" to his teammates now that AB is gone. Little does that stupid f*ck know that Ben has done that before and theres even a video of AB on Ben's boat during the offseason. But Wiley spouts his bs without doing any research. If I'm his boss, I fire him for saying something that is easily proven to be 100% wrong. The dude is actually WORSE than Max Kellerman at this point and that's saying something, because Kellerman is the biggest moron around.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm not taking leadership lessons from a guy who slept through meetings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TheWay

TheWay Active Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Sour grapes....nothing to see here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Based on the rise Wiley got out of you and other Steelers fans (based on twitter responses), his boss should promote him, not fire him.;+)

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Good point

10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I used to be a diehard Deebo fan..... now I could care less because of his final year here and there !!!!!

I also don’t put much weight into what he says because he still harbors an issue with Tomlin Plus Ben and he are very close .....

All that said this tone it doesn’t bother me, he just answering a question and honestly everyone new what he was going to say before he said it.....

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He also ripped Brown in an interview the other day.
    He’s still a scumbag and a lousy teammate IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Strange that some of our best players departed under other than optimum conditions and have negative regards for their former team. Bradshaw, Troy, Blier, Harrison come to mind. Kind of embarrassing when these former best players want nothing to do with the Steelers whom they gained all of their fame and fortune through. Then again, they are FORMER stellar players so I really don't give a crap what they think anymore. It would be preferable if this were not the case and could somehow help the team out in some way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think James Harrison was lied too by Mike Tomlin last year.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015

This is it exactly, its not like JH92 went out of his way to bash Tomlin, he was answering the question. Correctly I might add too. Schlereth was correct too. And really, if leadership needs improving, who should be responsible for that? The Head Coach is the obvious answer since he's running the show. And the guy who said Ben needs to improve, practically proved the other sides point. He was saying that the players just enforced the leadership directive from the HC.

Leadership has to be there from the HC in order for it to be enforced.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Funny how everyone just LOVED JH till he went to the Pat's... and started talking abt Tomlin .. lol If the Steelers cut my ass on christmas bet your ass i would play somewhere else to..Some people hold grudges on herelike a spoilled child .. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You mean like JH? Still taking shots at Tomlin. They didn't expect Watt to be so good rookie year. JH got beat by a rookie. End of story.

• Like Like x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    People take shots at Tomlin on here all the time and they even met the man...

18. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    "Funny how you liked Joe until he punched you in the nuts." Yeah, not really so funny or hard to understand. I think it is reasonable for fans of a team to stop liking a guy when he goes to another hated team and then constantly talks crap about his former team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Rod Woodson just recently said the same thing almost verbatim..... are we gonna start hating on him now as well???

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Some probly will, but i wont

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin's leadership abilities are just fine. Tomlin isn't going to go after Ben anymore than BB will go after Brady. Coaches generally tend to lose power struggles vs their top notch QBs.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Honestly nobody cares what Rod Woodson has to say. Another one finally realizing he made a horrible life decision and trying to weasel his way back into Steelers nation because the Ravens and Raiders aren't ****. AB, Bell, and Traitorson will all realize the same thing in 10-20 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm sure Rod is crying all over the SB ring he won with one of the best D's to ever take the field, as opposed to what the Steelers won for the remaining years of his career.o_O
    Especially after the way they mishandled his exit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    So says the biggest Tomlin apologist on the planet......

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    James Harrison remains one of my all time favorite Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2