1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NB Top 32 Pre-Combine

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Feb 17, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Jmo I have Denver taking Devin White in round one, I had fun the other day and did a pre combine mock for the first round and it came down to White, oline and CB. The needs are to big here for them to take a QB in round 1 imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    So we got a glimpse of what Mack Wilson could be at the NFL level. 2 INTs against 1st round pick Dwayne Haskins.

He is a guy I really liked while watching him at Bama. He seemed like a solid LB with great instincts and an ability to get the ball (6 INTs in 2 years). But then there was a lack of athleticism and you look at all the talent around him and I began to downgrade him. I still thought he was a 2nd rounder and was stunned when he fell out of the Top 150 picks.

As you can tell by my initial list I had Mack Wilson ranked just ahead of future Top 10 pick and Steeler Devin Bush.

Really hoping my initial instincts and analysis were wrong. Did the Browns get a huge steal?

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If they hit on Mack Wilson and Greedy can raise his game in some areas (already got an INT and missed communication TD given up) they will continue to build a very stout defense.

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I have been wondering about this too. He has apparently been great in camp and has carried that in to two games. Looks a great prospect but you never know until real football starts. I was also astonished at where he was drafted, made no sense for him to fall that far.

Chase winovich is also looking like potentially a steal in the 3rd for the Pats I thought the Steelers may have been interested as Buds eventual replacement. I wonder if they hadn’t given up their second rounder to Denver would they have taken him?

Looking at team needs the Steelers will be spending their top pick on defence for the foreseeable future.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You and I both liked Whiteside. He is having a good preseason. That last TD catch was pretty good. It was a nice over the shoulder catch where he really stretched out for.

Keelan Doss was another WR I liked. He's having a good camp for Oakland too.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup. He dominated that game. Using his size to create separation, huge wingspan, Rock solid hands. He will be a steal.