1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Critical thinking would tell us that individuals will most likely act in their own self-interest first and foremost. In the case of lying about how they able to move up to the 10th spot in the draft and select a player that they had long coveted how would it serve their self interest? Taking picks gained from the trade of Brown to lessen the sting of giving up a second round pick(the high pick in the 3rd round being equivalent to drafting late in the second) and letting those moves be known does not push a false narrative nor does it seek to obscure the motives behind the Brown trade. There was no way back for Brown he wanted more money and as is being played out he is willing to be a complete distraction for a team to achieve those goals. He torpedoed a deal that would have brought the Steelers a high 1st that would have accomplished their draft wishlist for the first round. They got the best deal they could one that allowed them to feel good about giving up a 2nd round pick in order to move up to get Bush. I have been given no reason to doubt that report. Critical thinking would tells us that in most cases the simplest answer is the most correct. So KC saying they used the Brown picks to help get Bush its the simplest answer.

Btw we aren't talking about the signing of three guys to fill one spot where they want to admit it was a mistake and everyone knows it but can't without losing some bargaining power for later down the road. We aren't talking about saying that everyone is staying in the dorms at St. Vincent's when one entitled player isn't. It's not telling the NFL that a player had an injury that wasn't disclosed on the weekly injury report as the reason he missed the final days of practice and why you sent him home while he and another former player are laughing at you on instagram.Those are situations where you know the whole truth is not being told for whatever reason. In the case of telling the media and fans hey this is why we did this I will tend to believe that that is just what happened.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    In that case, your hypothetical makes no sense. If the Steelers were to take him back now, they would have to take on his current contract.

If we are going to use the time travel example and go back and undo the trade when it was done, as I said, I'd reverse it. Of course, if I had access to time travel, I'd find a far better way to use it. :)

To reverse it right now? Putting aside the contract issue, you'd be unraveling the entire offseason. The Steelers spent free agent money on a wide receiver. They spent a third-round pick on one. I doubt they make either of those moves. You accused me of not thinking things through, but that's exactly what I'm doing. I answered your hypothetical in the only way that makes sense. Your way does not.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Hey, if you want to buy into a false narrative, go for it. I choose to question Colbert's claim that the deals were connected. They weren't, but it helps make the Brown fiasco more palatable to the fans. Selling that false narrative serves Colbert's own self-interest. It makes him look better.

But thank you for pointing out other situations in which the Steelers either lied or at least concealed the truth for the sake of public perception. All of those examples support my claim, not yours.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    To what end? How does it make him look better to the Fans? Are there groups of fans marching his likeness around the stadium? Pushing a false narrative about the Bush and Brown deals doesn't make the Steelers front office the gold standard around the league so I fail to see how saying anything is in KC's self interest? In order for your theory to be correct there would have to be a noticeable downturn in the amount of fan support for the team if not complete abandonment. Last I heard they weren't having trouble selling tickets or merchandise and there were plenty of fans at training camp and the 2 preseason games even with bad weather and late starts. In fact Im willing to wager that there were more fans lost or turned off by the anthem debacle in Chicago than upset about the Brown deal.

Now as to my providing proof that supports your claim, I provided proof that I'm not blindly believing everything told by this team and am capable of applying critical thinking to even those situations. Plus I never said they didn't lie, that is a fact of life, that everyone lies. I said that in the 28 years I have been watching football seriously the Steelers have been pretty straightforward and I have a tendency to believe certain things when I hear them. Not that they don't lie. When they cut Bam Morris loose after being picked up in Texas for drugs I understood that. When they dealt Holmes after his wake and bake tweets and failing another drug test I said ok. When they continually lost good players because they didn't want to spend the money, I accepted the reasons given but disagreed with them. When it came time to part ways with Heath Miller, Hines Ward, and Troy Polamalu I was pissed off and thought they could have worked it out but didn't create reasons why the team did it other than bad money polices. This team has always been straightforward when it needs to. The rest what are you going to do? write letters and go how dare you when BB is hiring video guys to tape walk throughs and Brady is destroying phones. Yeah how dare you cover up that you gave that entitled jerk the leeway to get off campus housing when guys are sweating in cinderblock dorms making half of what he blows on jewelry.

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Scribe, discretion can be the better part of valor.

Just take your L's here and walk away.

You're not helping your cause. You're coming off loonier than AB.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Btw he filed a second grievance with the league over the helmet. Still hasn't practiced yet or played a single snap for the Raiders. This isn't over yet.

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That doesn't make sense. The only way that it would be is if all of his distractions are rooted in him angling for a new contract, and that isn't the case. Sometimes it just because he's nuts. His latest distraction has noting to do with a play for more money. He's already gotten it. If he were still a Steeler all of the drama in Oakland would still be happening right here in Pittsburgh.

My last line was not an ad hominem attack. It was a legitimate question in response to an absurd comment.

8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Seriously I don't know why this continues on. He admitted a that he's wrong a page or two ago when he said that every team in the NFL would disagree with him. At that point it's over. If we're discussing the right and wrong way to deal with a malcontent in the NFL and it's established that every team in the NFL would deal with him a certain way, why continue to argue that the opposite way is right? You've lost, move on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    From what I’ve read, he doesn’t have his money from Oakland. He received $1 million at signing, but the bulk of the guarantees are in the form of guaranteed salary that can be revoked if he’s a no-show.

10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    His ego is way too big to admit that(even if his ego is not as bas as his friend Antonio Brown)

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    FC0B8F38-E532-406E-81FC-1E7CBE8BE303.jpeg

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They should send him the 5 day letter. If he doesn't report by the 5th day, they don't have to pay his guarantee.

Of course that means they have to be willing to part ways already. Going by reports, sounds like they may be close to that point.

13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I almost feel sorry for the raiders. We screwed them with the Bryant trade and then screwed them again with the AB trade. The problem is that we're running out of bad apples to trade to them.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He did show up for one practice, then he dipped out the next...

Can't make this stuff up!

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I wonder if this is him trying to get to the 49'ers or some other team?

What would be funny is if the Raiders decide we're out and we see his ass in NE.

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe he would be such a jackass there that BB decides to retire.

Then AB gets traded back to the Steelers and it turns out to be Tomlin’s master plan all along.

17. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Do you mean Tomlin's and AB's plan? Maybe AB is really a great teammate and agreed to pull all his crap after week 16 and since at Tomlin's and Colbert's urging?

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think the real problem here is was the mask he used on The masked Singer legal or not?? Really wish Bradshaw would have kicked his ass on the show.:)

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Rumors are that he is broke. I haven't read or heard anything beyond rumors but being the nimrod that he is it would make perfect sense.

20. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Here's the latest about the chef suing Antonio Brown. Apparently AB took the chef leaving a frozen fish head in his freezer as a threat. You can't make this stuff up. Which leads me to believe that the whole problem with AB isn't head trauma, it's just flat out low IQ. The guy is seriously mentally deficient. Im not being mean or picking on the guy, but this is so absurd, so outlandish, that only someone with an extremely low IQ would think this way.

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Some really good clarity on helmetgate

22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Breaking news on ab... Hes a moron.. Holy s***

23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    On a Steeler Message Board the Largest thread is on a Raider!!

Die thread die!!!!!

Cajun

24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

This is not a Breakings news..

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s ridiculous. The guy played for the Steelers for nine years. It’s Steelers related. At least it isn’t like the Bell threads.
    At least this is just one thread about AB