1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cajun's 53 roster post game 2

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Aug 19, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    QB- Ben, Mason, Hodges....Hodges has shown he is worth keeping.
    RB- Connor,Samuels,Malik William's, Snell... William's showed more burst,elusiveness in the few snaps he got than Snell has all preseason. I really hope he gets more snaps coming up.
    OL- Pouncey,DD, AV, Feiler,Foster,Banner,Finney Patrick Morris, Morris played his way on and Chuks played his way off.
    TE- McDonald, Gentry, Grimble. Grimble for now until we can replace him
    WR- JuJu,Washington, Moncrief, D. Johnson, Eli Rodgers.

DL- Heyward,Tuitt, Hargrave, Alualu, Buggs, Henry Mondeaux .... Henry is showing some power and hooks is fading fast
    OLB- Watt,Dupree, Ola Adeniyi, Chiks, Tuzar Skipper... chicks is on the bubble
    ILB- Bush,Barron, Matakevich, Gilbert lll, first three locks, Gilbert rising fast...Vince needs to show he's healthy
    CB- Burns, Haden, Hilton, Sutton, Nelson,Layne. Burns made it back on
    Safety- Davis,Edmund's, Kelley, Dangerfield, M. Allen... Dangerfield & Allen did themselves no favors

PR/KR- D.Spencer.....
    K- Boswell
    P- Berry
    LS- Canaday

PS--DL- Casey Sayles: ILB- Tegray Scales, Robert Spillane... OLB- Sutton Smith... OL- Okorafor, Fred Johnson... WR- Johnny Holton, Tevin Jones...TE/LS Trevor Wood, Christian Scotland-Williamson.... CB- Brian Allen

Some guys played their way on and off the roster and others need to show they're available

Cajun

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would they keep 4 RBs? They can put Williams on the PS, if they like him, no Nix on the roster? Chuks has struggled, but he will make the 53.

• Like Like x 1
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Roosevelt Nix will not be cut

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    While it’s fun making roster projections that cut existing players in favor of guys who flash in the preseason, the cap implications of cutting those existing players are factors. Vince Williams is uncuttable due to the cap hit we would absorb in 2019 if he’s cut or traded, and Chick also has a higher cap hit of cut than on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice post. Add Nix and subtract Spencer.

6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    You’re taking the fun out of it with this cap crap......LOL

I’m fully aware of the cap ramifications. Who said I’d cut Williams, maybe he’s on the IR!?! After all, he hasn’t shown his availability.

Cajun

7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    So far Chuks ( who I’m on record being a fan of ) has not made a case for the 53 man roster. Yes I know at final cut down he’ll most likely be on it but this is a two preseason exercise and going by that he has failed.

You’re correct on Williams BUT his play during his few snaps earned him a roster spot this week so he can prove next week whether it was a wise decision or not. Nix has shown nothing. In fact, I’ve watched him lead block in the 1st two games and he didn’t help the RB at all... zero to little gain. They are also experimenting with two back sets so I kept Four and lost Nix.

Cajun

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Now you're keeping Switzer off just to spite me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah given what several members said they saw at camp and some of the reports I've read I'll be surprised if Ben isn't in with RF and coming up with 15-25 plays that have Switzer as the safety valve. He is the new Heath, like the kid sized Heath you give out at Haloween.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Switzer has been outplayed in the 1st two games......

He really needs a lot of snaps so he can claim his roster spot

Cajun

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Have they even used him for more than a series or two? It's like Lj last season hard to flash when they are saying it's OK we know what you can do.

12. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

Well, using my own logic I guess I need to cut Ben also........ I can only imagine the comments I’d get....... LOL

Speaking of LJ....... they should have not signed Bostic and Played LJ a lot more!!!

Cajun