1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Cedric Benson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 18, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    36 is way too young to go, even if he was a despised Bungle back when. Motorcycle riders require extra full-time Guardian Angels - front, back and both sides. This is based on personal experience.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is the risk you take, I too ride in this deer infested state of PA.
    Cedric Benson I thought was better than he performed.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Wow 36...sad. With the way people drive anymore, I'm surprised there are not more fatalities. They gotta be on that phone every stinkin' second. Not sure if distracted driving was the cause I'm just saying....

edit - read the article, so don't think it was a phone thing but it's still everywhere.

RIP

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I recently saw a mid 30 yr old woman driving down the highway doing about 70 while scratching off lottery tickets. I promised my dear old mother that I wouldn't ride a motorcycle since my brother t boned a car back in the 70's. You couldn't pay me to ride a motorcycle these days with all the distracted drivers.

Just last week I saw a motorcyclist with one hand on the throttle and the other holding his cell phone up looking at it. So there are definitely idiots in both camps.

RIP Cedric. You certainly were a great north south runner behind a mediocre Bengal Oline.

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I drive everyday, and it is every gender and every age. While elderly generally are not as prone to this, I have seen them holding phones and looking at them while driving at the 4 lanes. Insanity everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel bad it ended this way, I remember how he got scrutinized just cause he had dreads like Ricky Williams.