1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Knee jerk reactions after 2 preseason games

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Aug 18, 2019.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Mason Rudolph is the clear #2 qb
    2. Devlin hodges is forcing his way into the conversation
    3 Deonte Spencer will shake up the wr depth chart
    4. Tuzar skipper is this yr's ola

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Mike Tomlin will never win another challenge flag in his life no matter what since it looks like the refs hate him.

I still can't believe he has not won this challenge yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We will beat the patriots week 1

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    First I have had the opportunity to see this play. I know preseason and supposedly they will get this straightened out, but how in the world was that even called in the first place. Both O and D players had hands out playing feely touch, if this had been called on D I would have been pissed, if a coach had challenged a no call I would have been pissed. I cannot even imagine how many games this Bull rule will affect this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Here are my random thoughts:

- A lot of the first half we looked a bit flat, but Rudolph looks good as no.2 to Ben for now.

- Samuels TD was great, but if I’m Tomlin, I’m screaming at anyone pissing around before they get into the end zone. Maybe I’m just scarred from the Denver game.

- I like what I’ve seen from D Johnson, Spencer and Snell on offense. Not shaking the world yet, but some nice signs of things to come.

- Dupree seemed to have remembered he’s a starter

- This may be sacrilege, but Charlie Batch’s commentary was getting a bit grating. Seriously, I don’t need to know a guys height every time they’re in on a play.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think Mac is right that we will see Bush and Barron (really love typing that) as the predominant ilb. Vwill will be situational.

Tj getting into the flow after the not practicing to start camp is going to be scary for gm 3.

Grimble looks like he is still number 3 his blocking is better but he isn't catching balls he should.

Knee jerk reaction of the night losing Munch hurts more. Not sure if the drop off to Sarret is the cause or sophomore jinks is hitting Chuks but he is struggling mightily.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    When I saw the challenge, I was thinking: thank God Tomlin is actually going to win one after all this time. It was a crazy call, twice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I'll tell you how many-every game the Patriots need a call to pull out a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Lest I forget.......... james Washington is the clear #2 wr

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My reaction after two games is maybe we have a chance to do better than I thought we would this season. We will by far have the best suite of receivers in the NFL, no question. I hope the defense will be better and there is real hope because it looks like Bud is playing for his next contract before he goes back to being old Bud. Good trends and no big distractions as we go forward. Nice.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Where the hell was Bush? I want to hear the excuse as to why he wasn't there.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dupree looks good, maybe this is the season he puts it all together and gets double digit sacks. Washington after losing some weight this offseason, looks like another good pick by the Steelers at WR. Skipper and Gilbert are keepers, either on the 53 or on the practice squad. It's only preseason but the defense is forcing turnovers :thumbs_up:. Diontae Johnson flashed his potential, showing why the team drafted him in the third round. Burns didn't cost the team with his usual mental mistakes, Layne played better because he didn't have to start and get picked on, he had a nice PBU to end the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think a minor injury

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Too many west coast games to make a run this year.

15. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    That call was BS ...refs are clearly cheating if they think somehow that was offensive pass interference ...not happy

16. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    You know like when the evidence is obvious, and the play is reviewed & the film confirm the ref's mistake & they still refuse to correct it ...just like MLB managers used to argue & get thrown out ...it's time for NFL coaches to start the trend there

Can someone explain how that was possibly pass interference by Diontae Johnson??

17. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    Mr. 3rd & 5th would be proud of this play by Diontae Johnson ..very very impressive

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers will beat the Chargers and the 49ers, also Arizona on the road :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Technically it was both Defensive and offensive pass interference. Per the rule you can call pass interference on most every play.
    All that hand fighting is against the rules. Just cause the refs choose to let it go most of the time doesn’t change the fact that it’s against the rules.

They’re rarely going to overturn a lot of pass interference calls.

With all that said. I thought it was a terrible call and an even worse replay call.

I have a feeling this new rule is going to do more harm than good.

p.s. I “pray” they get it worked out.
    Lol

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Where is this coming from?

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Per tomlin he had a shoulder lol. Taken out for precautionary measures.

As I recall he had a lingering shoulder when we drafted him no?

22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I hear ya. But Charlie does have give some reasonable insight on the plays, their structure, who is supposed to fo what.

He's light-years better than Edmund Nelson, who he replaced. With Edmund the 80th guy in camp was a potential HOFer, if they got enough coaching from that excellent Stillers coaching staff.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sore shoulder supposedly?

24. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I'm okay with it not being overturned, as long as they continue doing that in the main season (only overturn for blatant wrong call).

I'd be curious if there is a different view. If JuJu DJ had a handful of jersey, then the call would have been acceptable.
    But if it is just the usual hand checking... yeah, bad call.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It wasn't JuJu