1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Considering the detailed information about how he has acted since being informed he needed to use a new helmet I don't think he is going to stop. Since he us actively seeking a helmet of the same type but falls into the year requirement this isn't over. I'm betting he is trying to find a way to take the guts out of his helmet and put them in an approved one.

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Sh!t, who is he fooling? He needs a Double XL to fit his head.

Also the cheap f*cker isn't willing to pay for it. If I have one I want $500,000, not a used sweaty helmet with his signature (both are of no cost to him).

• Like Like x 2
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    His marketing strategy sucks. Exactly how many people want an AB signed Raiders helmet?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I actually get sick of these athletes who act like they're really doing something by signing ****. Wanna help? Up some actual money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it really wasn't, but it's fun to watch people keep telling themselves that rather than admit the Steelers were played.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I meant when he misses one for the Raiders. The entire point of contention was his value going forward. Quite a few posters here were going on about the helmet thing as if it was a big deal. All it really proved was that I was right in saying the smart thing to do is call Brown's bluff and say no.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We've beaten this discussion to death. Perhaps you missed the previous discussions, so I'll clarify. I'm not talking about scrubs. I'm talking about top-level starters, and clearly a guy like that can get what he wants by following Brown's example.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You act as if this is the first time he caved. He also did it during a previous holdout with the Steelers. His only leverage was to sit out or retire. He wasn't really going to do either.

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, Drew Rosenhaus played the Rooney's. So what? I can't understand why you continually get your jollies off pointing it out. It happens. It's the business, everyone knows it. AB got what he wanted, the Steeler's got stiffed and the great unknown is whether or not the Raiders paid too much for an aging talent with a big bank account and an even bigger ego with bird feed between his ears. All I'm saying is, get used to seeing gleeful posts every time he literally or figuratively stubs his toe, because that's what fans, all fans, do to have fun at an ex-players expense that left on less than complimentary terms. You continually pointing out that the Steeler's got jobbed isn't going to change that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Silly me sticking by my point of view when Brown provides more evidence to back me up. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you really think this helmet thing backs your point of view that he would have caved if the Steelers had called his bluff? I read the twitter account of his actions leading up to the hearing doesn't sound like he caved and just because he has said he will play doesn't mean it's over. Not to mention all this goes to the theory of if he had stayed it would have been a huge distraction and not something easily overcome by his production on the field. I get the feeling his ego couldn't handle Juju's rise and it definitely couldn't handle other guys getting more money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No one believed AB was going to retire over a helmet or pointed to that as proof of anything, thats a made up false narrative.

The point was he is a mental case and Steelers were right to send him packing.

Glad the Raiders are dealing with his frozen feet and helmet saga.

Well played Steelers, well played :applaud:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I’m not sure that it proves or disproves your point. At the end of the day, the NFL can draw a line in the sand and say you play no where. Unfortunately, the Steelers did not have that luxury.

Sometimes you part ways with employees and things get messy. You pick up and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He caved. He announced he was going to play this season almost immediately after the ruling went against him. He may keep bitching about it or trying to find away around it, but his threat about retiring was clearly a bluff. It absolutely supports my point of view.

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He never held out with the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I kind of assumed the tweet wasn’t entirely serious. But yeah, agree otherwise.

18. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly. If he had stayed all of these offseason issues would have still happened, but he would be in a Steelers uniform instead. Add these issues into his Ben Roethlisberger issue, his JJSS issue, his abandoning his team issue, and his management issue, and training camp would've been a circus. Imagine the locker room with him still in it especially after abandoning his team in week 17. Guaranteed he's not very well liked by a majority of his teammates who voted JJSS team MVP before he threw his week 17 temper tantrum. This season would have been sunk before it even began. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to comprehend this unless they have another agenda, like not wanting to admit that they are wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    AB says his foot is healing and he is returning to training camp.

I never thought I'd follow the Raiders and Jets so closely but I must admit I'm interested in seeing what these two idiots get up too.

Funny, when we had AB and LB we were always picked to be a contender and even SB winner but now that they are gone the best I've seen is 10-6 and a lot of 8-8.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Likely far more than want an autographed steelers helmet at this time, LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    AB did miss a Steelers game because he was a distraction.
    I think he was gone before that game. The Steelers were going to move him because of something that isn't known public before that happened.
    He will miss playing time with the Raiders because he is a distraction. Raiders will move on.
    Short term you may be correct but fail to see the forest thru the trees.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He actually never held out with the Steelers, addition by subtraction :thumbs up:.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans would be happy to get something signed from a athlete, just so they can try to resell it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    AB jerseys are going for $2 at Goodwill.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That's a little high, needs to be in the clearance bin.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1