1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dirty Ravens

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Rambro, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just heard Rams DT Michael Brockers was hurt after a Ravens lineman flopped on his ankle while attempting to cut block him. I can only imagine how they will try to cut Hampton or Mclendon. I know the league said these types of blocks are legal but man from the looks of them they really look like some dirty bush league BS. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing but as much as I hate Suggs I wouldn't want to see someone cut him down like that and put him out again.

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Sorry to say this, but I would.

3. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep i'd cut him like a dull knife thru a tuff steak

HINES

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't say I'd condone a cheap shot on anyone, but if anyone deserves it, it's Suggs. I would not be broken up.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You know how to stop them from cutting you. TKake a step back and stomp your cleats so far in their backs they bleed. Do it once or twice and they will stop

6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah I guess since its within the rules I'd be ok with it. After seeing how effective it was against us in the opening game last year I wonder why we don't use these kinds of tacticts against Ngata. If I remember correctly Tomlin said they tried to make adjustments on the DL but they didn't work. I hope Casey is showing the other DT's how to adjust to this because it looks like they're still at it.

7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Brockers said he couldn't believe the guy rolled him like that but it looks all to familiar to me. I agree with you though, when a teammate sees it happening run by and stomp his hand or something. Or a late flying head butt Kemo style LOL.

8. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    :lolol: :roflmao:

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How are they being dirty if it is legal?

10. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Legal isn`t always ethical, and vice-versa.
    Harrison has been fined because he refuses to try to take out an opponent`s knees, instead aiming higher, where there is a chance for helmet to helmet rule infractions, if his target ducks...
    Has even said he would pay the fine for anyone who hit him high, instead of the knees.
    I guess in this case the word "dirty" refers more to being "classless', or "cheap", and i agree, although I DO expect OUR players to do everything within the rules, and even to stretch the rules, to win!!!
    Kinda like you could say some of Hine`s "cheap shots" were dirty.. They were completeley within the rules, before they changed them because of him.
    I know our D-linemen took the high road before, when we have played teams like this in the past, and refused to complain about it. While I appreciate that, I also agree with the poster who said...
    "Take a step back, and bury your cleats in their back, and they will stop".
    Unfortunately, they don`t always see the chop block coming, in time to disengage from the current block, and do that.
    Hey... It`s FOOTBALL!!! No matter how much Rodge wants to water it down... This is still a MAN`S game of BIG, COMPETITIVE men, trying to beat each other physically, and mentally!
    Let `em play, and try not to whine about stuff you wouldn`t complain if WE did!!!
    GO STILLERS!!!

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Harrison wasn't fined because he refused to take out someone's knees.

Cheap is in the eye of the beholder. Hines took out a few players with legal hits that Steelers haters call cheap but Steelers fans celebrate them.