1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tevin Jones...could this be the year he makes the 53 man roster ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Black & Gold Express, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope you can make the roster too, Tevin. I must admit I find it a little tacky when you players get on this message board and boast about yourselves, though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    In all seriousness, though, I’m convinced that really was Matt McCrane in here posting his college stats a while back.

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You think? :hmm:

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Moncrief , JuJu, DJ, Washington, Switzer and Rodgers Seem to be the six that they’ll probably keep. So for this guy to make it who is he going to beat out?

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not that I want to see it but maybe Eli. Who shows better on STs could be kept. Eli won't be returning punts or kicks.and I don't think he has done much as a gunner in coverage units. He also has a 1.5 million dollar salary. Juju, switzer, spencer, Washington and probably dj can all play the slot too. All but Switzer could jump outside as well and Eli not so much. All these things are playing against Eli I'm afraid.

Spencer and holton are also in the mix. Who can do more at a reduced cost may be the winner.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  6. Black & Gold Express

Black & Gold Express Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019

7. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    Actually Iowa Steeler Jim...my real name is Shaun and I am the author of
    this post...just hope the Steelers can get some needed height there at receiver.

8. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019

9. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    Macdaddyo need the height on the outside at receiver... especially if the short guys like we have...do not have track sprinters seperation speed.

10. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    CouldbtC

11. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    Couldn't be sure of that...I am a Steelers fan from Seattle and new to this site...I sometimes dig hard into a players backgrounds.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    just a tip, if you hit the reply button (far right on bottom), your cursor should automatically be placed after the quote you want to respond to. Then you can just start typing and the quote and your response are all in one box. fwiw

13. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'd think Switzer since his claim to a spot is mostly as a returner. If Jones shows he can return then Switzer doesn't have as much worth. I am confident Switzer will field the kick cleanly but otherwise he's pretty unremarkable as a returner.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would guarantee that Switzer isn't going anywhere. You have Ben (part owner lol) texting Switzer during the SB asking why they can't be like Brady-Edelman, that says a lot of how Ben likes Switzer imo. Yes Switzer's YPC are going to be low but when a QB and WR are on the same wavelength, I think that means more to a QB than maybe some other things. Especially with the connection he had with AB gone, Ben will value that consistency of knowing where a guy will be and how he'll react etc.

I think Switz catches a ton of balls this year. As to his return abilities, that is just an added value for him. I could see the Steelers using D. Johnson as the primary returner and then maybe use Switzer if the catch is needed for a critical part of the game or if field position is in jeopardy, etc.

15. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My "mental model" of Switzer is that he was a clutch receiver in the slot quite a bit last year. I certainly don't have that impression of Rogers. Of course my wife does not have a lot of faith in my memory so perhaps neither should I (never mind yinz :) )

• Like Like x 2
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Spencer does. 4.27.:cool:

17. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell does 420 ;-)

18. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    From what I read, Spencer had a 4.34 at his college pro day. Fast, but not 4.2 fast.

If you mean Le'Veon, his 40 time was 4.60.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He ran as low as 4.27 with an average of 4.34 in his 40s.. I have seen this in many reads. Only did archer was faster that year. Anyway the guy can fly. :cool:

20. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019

21. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
  22. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019

23. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    Bur

24. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019
    Definitely Rodgers...who does not offer anything great on special teams...and there are plenty of slot receivers.

25. Black & Gold Express

Aug 7, 2019