1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mayock and Gruden are saying my God no wonder the Steelers wanted him gone.

Wait till he gets to Vegas with all those distractions. LOL

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And if he would've played, all that was said and done would have been forgiven and forgotten and Brown would've suddenly become a good citizen? Brown being in that locker room would've been chum in the water for the media. They would've feasted on it. And Brown would've played right along. It would've been a disaster. Surely you have to recognize this.

Again to whom? Sure the Colbert comment was absurd. But aside from that, regarding the situation surrounding Brown, most people outside of the media don't see it that way. I've frequented a few other teams message boards and have read plenty of social media posts and responses, and Brown is the one looking far worse here. Most people who aren't fishing for ratings by stirring up controversy see right through Browns attempts to justify his actions by passing the blame.

Really? Then your memory must be failing you. Do I need to remind you of the Facetime Live incident during the playoffs? Or the multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for celebrations?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The years before, the Steelers also had a lot of drama, it was embarrassing ... Of course, it was not really the fault of AB (outside the gatorade in Baltimore and the facebook live in 2016) but the locker room was still toxic (Bell, Bryant, etc) ... And what happened last year with Brown has happened, so it was time for the Steelers to clean up the locker room, since the Steelers were a laughing stock for culture, it needed to change.

If the Steelers would not have traded Antonio Brown in March, the circus would have been crazy in the entire off season and in the training camp, especially with what happened at the end of the season last year ... I would have not interested in having a situation like Brett Favre in 2008 with the Packers early in the training camp.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    'Dumb' is probably the wronged term.
    Flawed is more accurate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Apparently AB's kids at a recent Raider practice asked: "Where's Roethlisberger?" I hope they threw a royal hissy-fit temper tantrum when Dad told them. :roflmao:

6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Looks like AB's season is in jeopardy. I could be wrong but wouldn't it take months of staying off your feet for that to heal??

8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The bad thing about frost bite is that when it gets cold again the burning and numbness starts again. With a case as severe as Brown's good luck to him playing at Green Bay in the last week of October. If he lucks out with the weather there he has late season games at KC, at the Jets and at Denver the last game of the season.
    This will be a career long problem with Brown when he plays in cold weather. People with frostbite just stay inside when its cold but he won't have that luxury as his vocation requires him to be outside several days a year.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So I guess AB got cold feet having to play without Ben

• Like Like x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sure had a good laugh when I heard about AB's foot. Maybe L. Bell could rub it for him.

Actually I was looking forward to seeing how the Raider's season goes with him. Hard Knocks is pretty cool with Raiders.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    From what I’ve been reading just recently, it’s not frostbite, but a “mishap” with the cryogenic treatment that may have caused freezing at the skin surface (much less concerning than true frostbite). We’ll see.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yikes! Possible amputation is definitley something I do not wish on anyone; my worst enemies included. That all being said, Brown's performance may now have more factors heading into this season than ever before in his career.

This will be quite the test for him indeed.

14. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    What if this never heal & it affects his career?? We should be grateful the Raiders like doing business with us. First Martavis Bryant ...now AB ...thanks for the draft picks

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Seriously, who the hell cares what the media asks? I've been one of those guys. Some of you are drastically overrating their impact.

If you can't accept that the Steelers looked bad with all the chaos over the past year or so, especially the Brown situation, I don't know how to help you.

And please, show me some evidence that the Facetime Live incident had any impact at all. The Steelers lost a close game to an opponent that had already beaten them once. There were plenty of factors, most notably a defense that was an absolute disaster. Brown being a jackass somehow caused the defense to suck?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Can someone please explain the title of this thread to me?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Since AB's brand has taken a huge hit, he is moonlighting as a professional sphinter (and a cryotherapy test dummy). Original poster is being spiritually edified because AB is not a Steeler anymore.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

I hope this stats is since 2004,not since 2010 but I believe that Ben's winning percentage before 2010 was around 70%, so it's probably since 2004

• Like Like x 2
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

(Not sure volume works but if you saw the movie(s), you'll get it.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
  21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Who the hell cares what the media asks? Ironic coming from a former member of the media. If you truly believe that, then why did you make that your vocation? Stop pretending that intense and relentless media coverage doesn't have a potential negative impact on a sports team. It's disingenuous.

See answer above.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The OP was drunk when posting. Happens to us all.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's drunk a lot then