1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is everyone excited to see in preseason?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ok I guess i need to reword that since excited and preseason are not a common theme lol.

I am excited to see the progression of our 2 backup qb's and of course backup running backs.

2. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I wanna see how fast bush is on an nfl field.........

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    1st if they throw Bush into the deep end like they did with TJ and if it is apparent that he is the real deal as quickly as it was for Watt.

2nd Mason/Washington connection. Washington seemed like a man among boys in the preseason going up and getting balls then once it was for real the speed of the game seemed to much for him. Yr 2 for both guys I want to see the improvement.

3rd Snell want so see him dragging preseason scrubs 10 yards or more.

4th see if the rugby guy from England has gotten the hang of American football.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely want to see what level Bush is at? Was he worth the trade up?

Ola vs Sutton Smith vs Chickillo.

Also with Smith, will they give him a set position or continue to move him around. May be moot, if he wants to make the 53, it will be on ST.

How big of a leap is James Washington set to make in year 2?

What's this 3 headed monster at RB going to look like?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am excited to see if Tomlin will have the team prepared for New England, or continue to do what they do. What does this have to do with pre-season? Everything.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm of the same opinion. They know who they are playing, where and when. He will have had 3+months to devise a strategy but will probably go with the do what we do approach.

7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    For me, I'm most excited about who is gonna be our #6 WR. Diontae Spencer is probably the fastest player on the roster, Jhonny Holton is fast & tall, Rogers & Switzer should be battling for the #5 slot WR. My wish is for Switzer to win the #5 & Holton to win the #6....

I'm hoping CB Brian Allen can shine & show that he belong. I don't need to see anymore CB Artie Burns. CB Justin Layne I'm excited to see what he got.

Gonna be very interesting to see what ILB Mark Barron & Devin Bush look like on the field together...

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    i am most excited about the DBs. Year 2 for Edmunds so I hope he makes a lot of plays. But I am really hoping Kameron Kelly puts himself firmly into the #2 FS spot. We need some depth there. If not, that spot is like TE. A whole lotta #3s behind the starter. Also interested in seeing how the CB depth chart plays out.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Devin Bush Jr. for me first and foremost. Not even close. Let us see if he worthy of being one of three players Colbert has traded up for. Personally I believe he is but there will need to be that final form of confirmation.

Ola Adenyi is the next one. I did love what I saw of him last preseason. Let us see if he is able to keep it up this time.

Final one is Terrell Edmunds. A year of NFL Offseason training is now under his belt. Let us see how far he has progressed.

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    It is FOOTBALL, Steelers no less, how can you not be excited? I know there are a number of people who don't enjoy the preseason, and that is cool. Personally, I enjoy it all. I've been watching bowl games on ESPN classic just to satisfy the football hunger!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can't wait to see Big Ben preventing injury

Bush & D. Johnson for me. Two rookies that can make the biggest impact.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Grimble, samuels, barron and Nelson and how they are used.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am always excited for the pre-season. The games suck but I enjoy evaluating the talent.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph vs. Dobbs
    Moncrief vs. Washington vs. Johnson
    Adeniyi vs. Dupree
    Bush at ILB

15. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Pretty easy for me. #1 Linebackers, #2 Safeties. We need guys to step up. We were god awful in the middle of our defense last season.

16. lvsteelersfan

lvsteelersfan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    I want to see Mason Rudolph. I am not sold on Dobbs in any sense of the imagination. He just is not that impressive. He looks like a toss it up there and hope the WR wrestles it out of the pack kind of passer. Or take off like a scare jackrabbit before he makes it through all the progressions instead of hanging in there and stepping up into the pocket. If you can't move in the pocket successfully, you can never be a good NFL QB. I am hoping Rudolph shows us something after the initial shock of his rookie season has worn off.

And of course Devin Bush. And I want to see if Donte Moncrief can get some chemistry with Ben. Washington didn't impress me very much last season. But WR is a tough position to learn so hopefully a year under his belt with the playbook will help. We need at least 4 really good WRs and McDonald staying healthy to stand much of a chance. I am also interested to see if Diante and the new RBs can help out this season.

I like preseason because it is football. If the Pirates would quit losing one run games over and over and over I probably wouldn't be so ready for football. GET SOME PITCHING.

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wanna know if JuJu stepped up his preparation and is ready to dominate.

Is Connor 100%?

Are we getting Big Ben or slim Ben?

Will DT and JL play above where they were drafted. Their impact will speak volumes about this draft.

Will Snell be more than just words?

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Doesn't JuJu already dominate?
    Washington had the bad luck of following JuJu being drafted as JuJu was a freak right out of the gate, RAISING everyone's expectations for our new receivers. Soo much talent on the field for Ben to chose from last year also held him down. James should be hungry for some balls thrown his way this year.

19. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I know this is knick-picking but I hope when #24 don that jersey it's gonna say "Snell" & not "Snell Jr."...

20. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    1. Bush - Worthy of the hype?
    2. The new #92 Adeniyi (showed great flashes last year)
    3. CB Justin Layne (seems like a good value pickup)
    4. Will it be Snell Yeah? or just Snell? I hope he is a mini-bus type runner that likes to hit people.
    5. Do Dobbs and Rudolph take the next step? Rudolph had happy feet in the pocket last year.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They were prepared last season when they beat New England :shrug:

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ola
    Bush
    Edmunds
    Layne
    Snell
    Smith
    Johnson
    Washington
    Moncrief

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    At Heinz Field. :facepalm:

24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am most looking forward to watching Bennie Snell progress. This guy is going to be great. I am eager to see if his play is going to live up to my expectations.

25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Can the Steelers do it in New England? They were prepared last year. The defense played outstanding. Will they be prepared to do it again? That is what I want to see in the preseason.