1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

18 gm schedule

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jul 15, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Make tickets $25.00 and expand the season to 50 games.:hehehe::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I figure it's going to happen at some point. I can understand the frustration from a season ticket holder standpoint. They have to pay for the games which are pretty much pointless. I say expand to 18 games.
    And make the two preseason games at neutral sites. Maybe have one preseason game in a locale that doesn't have a NFL team in the US, and one internationally.
    Expand the roster to 60 players, expand the game day active roster to 53.
    If the 18 game season comes to pass, I can just see the offset language on contracts. Either a player won't play all 18 games, or they'll expect a bonus to do so.
    And while I'm fixing the NFL, move the pro bowl back to where it was. And the pro bowl should go to the winner of the Super Bowl. If the team wins this year's SB, they get the game next year.

3. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I've said that for years on the bye week. Half the league off week 8, the other, week 9. No advantage or disadvantage to anyone at all. Why they insist on doing it over a 10 week span is beyond me.

If you're adding a game (or not), but add a bye and everyone gets a bye before their thursday night game as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Good luck with that. No one will show up for a Pro Bowl in a place like Green Bay - in mid February. It's supposed to be a reward, not a punishment :) Pro Bowl should only ever been after the SB and in Hawaii.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It should be in Canton.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Definitely after the bowl. That was a lame change that made a laming game actually lamer. At this point might as well scrap it all together.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure I’ve watched a pro bowl this millennium. Doesn’t matter when it’s played.

• Agree Agree x 1