1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

More Expectations For Terrell.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Yes. A year under his belt, Terrell will be more comfortable making plays

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No. Terrell will still have some growing pains and hiccups.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Add Donnie "Torpedo" Shell to the list of people who believe in young Terrell. Nevermind the early reviews from OTAs (take those for what one will) but also a Steelers Legend (HOF too in my opinion). I really have liked this kid after my initial double take since the draft. I am beginning to love him even more now.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/d...-of-big-plays-from-terrell-edmunds-this-year/

Again and, i cannot reiterate this enough, Morgan Burnett was supposed to be the starting strong safety. Mike Tomlin had initial plans to use Terrell as the DIME in his rookie season. Here is more evidence below:

Given what we know now, what are your thoughts fellow brothers and sisters?!

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There needs to be a “both”, because he should be expected to do both at this stage. Or as Deon would say “boff”.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think its an easy thing to say he will be better in year 2. He got a ton of experience last year. The more important question imo, is will be create more splash plays or turnovers this year? I don't see him as that type of player. Only 4 PDs last year, 1 INT, 1FR and 0 FFs. It shouldn't be hard to improve upon those numbers but I don't think there is a drastic uptick.

4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You could see his game picking up as the year went on. I would be very disappointed if he didn't elevate his game which I'm sure he will.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well looking at those snap counts...it's no wonder he had a hard time picking up true safety responsibilities!

People forget Troy had the same problems year one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Edmunds will win even the 'Scribe' over. Solid safety that our secondary needs.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes. Yes he will. The whole secondary should be better. Keep Vince off the field and we should be a whole lot better.:cool:

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Edmunds was a reach where we grabbed him, but even still, his athletic ability is totally off the charts......
    I'm cautiously optimistic

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes. Knocking out the two low snap counts, he basically played 4 different positions. That would be a lot to throw at a seasoned vet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Renowned former VP of Player Personnel Gil Brandt on top Defensive Backs ready to break out. Terrell Edmunds checks in at number 7 on the list. Here is what he had to say:

7) Terrell Edmunds, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

Drafted: Round 1, No. 28 overall, in 2018.

"Edmunds was projected by most people to be a second-round pick, but the Steelers jumped up and snagged the safety -- and he proceeded to play 1,189 snaps (including special teams), which was more than any other rookie in 2018, while proving he warranted the use of that first-round choice. The brother of fellow first-round pick Tremaine Edmunds, Terrell stepped in for injured safety Morgan Burnett early in the year and never looked back, collecting the second-most tackles on the team (78). That said, Edmunds finished the year with just one interception and zero forced fumbles. The hope is that both Edmunds and defensive back Sean Davis can generate more impact plays under the tutelage of new staffer Teryl Austin,the former Lions and Bengals defensive coordinator."

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think he's going to get better for sure. You could see down the stretch that it was starting to click for him. Learning to play all those different isn't easy.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

See, everytime this was brought up to discussion, it was dismissed. Yet, everytime another player whom the Steelers either could have traded up for or draftef played the exact same position, there is little to no criticism. It truly does intrigue me.

Safeties as a whole need to do just about EVERYTHING on defense anymore. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu were pioneers of what was to come in the 2010s. If a safety cannot play multiple positions in addition towards performing the functions of their own, they should not be constituted as First Round picks.

Jeremy Fowler already disputed this shortly after the pick. PFF provided the evidence. If anything else, Morgan Burnett should have been the giveaway given his injury history in addition to Pittsburgh being unable to trade up to acquire RaShaan Evans.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was reading the write up on steelers depot too. I do like the fact Edmunds didn't hit that rookie wall so many players talk about. But Brandt hits on just what I stated earlier in this post about the splash plays. I would love more turnovers just like everyone else but if he has a high tackle count and a very low missed tackle number than I can live with a low int/ff number if it leads to a turnover on downs, 3 and outs, etc. Bottom line....is our defense putting together stops? I may have to do a chart on who gets the most tackles on 3rd down forcing a punt or FG.