1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Durant injury is a perfect time to reflect on Antonio Clown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    If you don't watch the NBA basically KD played injured and ended up ruptured his achilles. A lot of people are blaming the organization for forcing him to play among other things.

This reminded me... Anybody remember when the Steelers sat AB out of a divisional playoff game and barely lost to the soon to be Super Bowl Champs? You know how many NFL players especially WR's play with concussions? Especially in a game of that magnitude. They could have at the very least used him as a decoy. No, lets sit him for his long term health. They had a team with him all off-season helping him recover. I remember him posting finger videos and training in the Steelers facility all off-season.

Now fast forward and we saw how he thanked the organization. He didn't even have the decency to just leave and let them get maximum return for him. He tanked his value as a big F U to the organization.

And people have the audacity to say they should welcome him back when he retires LOL

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First off I personally will never welcome AB back.
    Secondly he had a concussion. The team isn’t making a decision whether he plays or not. There is a concussion protocol that the NFL mandates.
    You seriously need educate yourself on a number of things.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    There have been some past Steeler players who I was glad to see come back and retire as a Steeler. I will not feel that way about AB after how classless he's acted.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I think Brown looks at football as a business not a game, he does all he can to up his value in the business like working hard to improve, he doesn't look at loyalty or how good or bad he looks to his fellow players or the press, he just thinks about himself and how much money he can make, that is what business is about, making money and Brown surely knows how to do that.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. Protocol aside, you don't mess with concussions. Playing with a concussion carries with it a very high risk of permanent brain damage or even death. It is in no way comparable to the Durant situation. Among other things, SDOT needs to do a little reading about second impact syndrome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Anyone here gonna watch hard knocks raiders addition this year? Lol

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't get the analogy of Durant's injury, and AB having a concussion :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He is lumping two very different types of injury together, but he shouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah concussion and Achilles not even close. Concussions can lead to CTE which if you survive from it you won't want to live later down the road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah okay and you guys are going to act like players don't play with concussions all the time in lesser games. Can you tell me the last player who missed a big game for a concussion?

I'm not comparing the injuries. I'm comparing organization decisions. People are bashing the Warriors and talking about loyalty and all this stuff. Steelers did the right thing for a player and said player walked all over them. There's no loyalty either way.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown's behavior was disgraceful and the Steelers' reaction to it was idiotic, but your premise is ridiculous. Players should NEVER compete with a concussion. Ever. It's not even an option. Every team that allows it should be docked a first-round pick at minimum. The largest problem with the NFL's concussion protocol is that it doesn't have any real consequences for the teams that violate it.

Sports teams do treat concussions differently from other injuries and they should. Your posts show a stunning ignorance regarding the dangers of brain injuries.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    This thread isn't about concussions and you are making it about something that it isn't. It's impossible to diagnosis a concussion until they are dead. That's why players say they are fine and there's nothing the doctors can do. Last one I remember is Jordy Nelson took a huge hit and clearly had a concussion and shouldn't have played but played in a playoff game the week after. Steelers wouldn't let AB play for his long term health. Warriors could have easily blocked KD from playing and saying it's not worth it. Steelers did the right thing and what did they get? Player tanking his trade value and spitting all over the organization.

Also, not once did I say AB should have played in that game with a concussion. But I know lesser organizations that would have trotted him out there. That's my point.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Well, he knows how to lose it too. I wonder how many of the millions he stiffed the Steelers for he is going to leave sitting around in a duffle bag? NOBODY wants him associated with their product, nobody.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    No, not me. Unless AB melts down then that would entertain me. Blame it on Ben won't go to far in Raider land, he'll have to come up with some new material.

15. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I watched last years browns hard knocks and it was entertaining and I'd like to watch it this year but I don't think I could see browns stupid smiling face and not wanna take a baseball bat to my tv.. I just got that tv

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He's digging his own grave Smitch. Your new TV has a better future, watch on a old one if you must.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree. However, when maxing lots of money from other people paying him, the last thing someone with a brain wants to do is burn bridges or ruin the brand (his reputation). Due to his lack of intelligence, he won't realize this until somewhere down the line when his on field reputation no longer is what it used to be and then there will not be anything for him to fall back on. Can't fix stupid. He is no longer part of our organization and I would wish all mention of this guy is erased as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You brought it up. And you actually did say he should’ve played.
    I really don’t know if you’re just trolling with most of your nonsense or if you repeatedly dropped on your head as a child. Either way you’re acting like a fool.
    The Steelers have to follow the NFL mandated concussion protocol. They don’t get to decide. Take it up with the NFL. Oh wait you’re boycotting them....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Please show me where I said he should have played with a concussion. I'll wait...

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Here ya go!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I wasn't saying they should have. I was saying most teams would have done that at the very least. Most of these dudes play with concussions. You guys are oblivious.

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This isn't accurate. No one has to be dead in order to diagnose a concussion.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My belief when I read that was that he meant CTE but who knows. The central theme of his post seems sound. a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing. Seems similar to the Lebron James threads where he stubs his toe and has to be carried from the floor, meanwhile a member of the Dallas Stars legally dies on the ice is taken to the locker room is revived and stays at the bench. I can remember long debates on the NHL's message boards about Crosby and his nearly year long battle with post concussion syndrome and the haters saying he was milking it while and anyone with a clue knew how hard it is to keep your balance when suffering from vertigo let alone the effect of white ice and lights on your brain when you are healing from a concussion. Same type of thing though damn the Pens for not playing him, damn them for not rushing him back.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011