1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Things we could learn from "soccer"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jun 2, 2019.

1. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    I like football on sundays, it gives you something to look forward to on a slow day where you relax.

Doesn’t need to be like soccers atmosphere. More loud drunk people won’t make it any better or give us any advantage.

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes, NFL games on Sunday. I was merely suggesting the Super Bowl could be on Saturday so more people could do things for the game then attend a parade on a Sunday immediately after opposed to middle of the work week days after.

I disagree. Best atmosphere is 4pm or night games. I'd say we got an advantage against the Pats last season from the crowd and forced like 5 false starts. I'd say that helps. Or the Chargers game a few years ago where Rivers said they had to go to silent count at home and weren't prepared for that. I say that helps. Sorry, I just don't see the point in all these Steelers fans taking over away stadiums and sitting on their hands. Little structure and we could be a force. Also, 1pm games are borrrrinngg.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm sure there will be a lot of dumb threads about ex-Steelers Bell and Brown once the season starts.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And I sure hope the Chief moves them all out to the Classified: Unwanted Junk section. :thumbs_up:

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Things to learn from soccer, how to flop and not score :shrug:.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    From conversations I’ve had with people who’ve worked with NFL execs, it doesn’t seem like the NFL wants or sees the need to learn from any other sport.

7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    There is nothing to be learned from soccer at all............... Horrible sport..........

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I learned hat you should go over the top for celebrations if you're killing your opponent!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    How about..... the Steelers could learn to demolish lesser competition like the US Women did yesterday to Thailand..... 13-0 in soccer..... heck I'd be happy if the steelers beat every sub 500 opponent by that score..... instead of letting crappy teams beat us.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I learned you need a weapon with you if you attend a game.