1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben speaks to the media about AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 20, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I once posted a story on Facebook about feeling like a crap parent because my son asked me to play Star Wars on the floor with him but I was too tired and sore to do it. I got 30 some likes from friends and family and I was like are you people liking the fact that I suck as a parent?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    They asked Heyward about Tomlin needing to reign guys in this year. His response was if he needed to it was the few and not the many. Chances are Tomlin will be all over this stuff come August.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'll hold back too scribe but your certitude is blinding your better judgement with Edmunds. You really think he threw Ben under the bus? Smh

4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I can agree that they should have had him on their radar considering he played a position of need. Wasn't safety a position of need also? The jury is still out on who the better player is though. One year of production isn't a big enough sample size to determine who helps their team more. Hopefully the Steelers made the right decision.

5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Definitely. Hope he enjoys the money because he won't be enjoying the success he had as a Steeler. Imagine him being a mentor to the young Carr.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Reports are he is working very hard to learn their offense. You just know he is obsessed with proving to everyone that he is the reason he is great and not Ben. I can see him imploding very quickly if he isn't getting his stats early on.

He's not right in the head, this could easily become a **** show before midseason for the Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    One of the beat writers just tweeted about Landry Jones being cut by the Raiders already and how they brought him in just to tailor the playbook into something that works for AB. That's really sad to hear.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We can only hope. I mean F him and all but he's on a team that messes with the conference. Wish him all the worst he's earned that much after his **** show.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That makes sense. I have years of fond memories of the hundreds of great passes between Landry and Brown.

:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So what you’re saying is...Landry couldn’t hit the broad side of a Brown?

Still pissed we didn’t keep him over Dobbs......Not!

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ironically, the only meaningful pass from Landry Jones to AB (that I can remember) went for 60+ yards to setup a last second field goal...to beat the Raiders. 2015 I think.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    As I said, I'll stick with the most likely explanation, which is Edmunds thoughtlessly supporting Brown as the latter took yet another shot at Roethlisberger.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he threw Roethlisberger under the bus. I think he thoughtlessly supported his former teammate over his current one. I think that because it's what actually fits what he did without excuse-making.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the locker room hasn't been fixed. People keep talking about addition by subtraction as justification for the Steelers caving to Brown and hurting themselves in the process. It isn't, in part because the issues aren't totally gone. I think Tomlin has a credibility issue in that locker room. Roethlisberger has rubbed some people the wrong way. Colbert's comment about Roethlisberger being the adult and the others being children who should be listening to him made matters worse. I'm not sure if the issues will go away as long as Tomlin is still the coach.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That sucks. At first I was like, how do you keep Peterman over Landry but he'll likely get cut too. I think the Steelers are one of the few teams that keeps 3 QB's. Maybe they wanted to give Landry a chance to catch on with another club. I doubt it though, someone would have signed him by now. His hopes of making a club at this point rest on an injury.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    LOLandry & AB. Did they even put together 100 yards?

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    For someone who is so much against hypocrisy it is somewhat strange to be taking this position about Edmunds when you are basically doing the same thing to anyone on this board moving on from Brown

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Care to try that again?

There is no hypocrisy in my position. We are fans, not players. If I was a member of the organization, damn right I'd be standing by every other member of the organization publicly.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you arguing with yourself?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So Edmunds is wrong because he is a player while you are a member of this community, a Steelers community in which you have been carrying water for Brown against your fellow fans in a fashion much worse than a simple tweet like and it's OK because you dress it up as being realistic and correcting Fan boys. Yeah you are right not hypocrisy at all.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I not sure he believes his babble or just takes the opposing view to drum up posts.

Not trying to be snide scribe, I babble too.

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hey I don't like the notion that the Steelers got jobbed by Brown either. Nor by Blount or Harrison. What's the answer here though? AB on his tirade was not going to be productive for this team and fining him Maybe saves cap money and or shows who, who is the actual boss was not going to make the story or his stupidity go away

I don't like the precedent set of a cry baby will get his way at all but what do you do? The idiot wanted out and went full dumb ass to get his wish granted via fabrication and all. I don't want a talent like that wasted or enabled or whatever either but I didn't want him with his belief in the power of social media to further muck up locker room coherency either. It sucks but he had to go. It sucks that the return on him doing so seems minimal right now and may very well end up minimal if at all measurable. However, to argue that he should be here isn't the best one to make and believe me while I'd like to see him here if for no other reason than to get pined for vindictive reasonings that he no doubt would have earned and honestly did earn, was not going to be productive for an already fragile unit moving forward in any scenario/imagination I can dream up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Actually AB had 2 different 100 yd games with Landry. Against KC in 2015, and against NE in 2016. Landry is from Roswell NM, I was in Roswell the day of the NE game, and was actually in the UFO Museum while the game was on, checking the game status on my phone. No lie, true story.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I was responding to the post directly above mine. Why was that so difficult to see?

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am right. It's not hypocrisy. If I am actually part of an organization, it is part of my job to support other members of the organization. This is especially true of football players, who tend to be in an even more emotional workplace due to the physical and mental challenges they face together. They spend a great deal of time together. They share dining rooms and locker rooms. They have to rely on one another to accomplish their goals.

Do you not understand the difference between teammates and anonymous posters on a message board? You and I don't work together. We don't rely on one another for anything. We don't know what the other looks like. We don't even know each other's real names. If one of us disappeared and never showed up again, the other would barely notice. It's a completely different type of relationship from what you would expect of Edmunds and Roethlisberger.

Why is it so hard to accept that Edmunds made a mistake. It's not a huge deal, but it's not a good thing. It seems to be a little bit of evidence of what I've been posting, that the locker room issues haven't been cleaned up as much as so many fans here want to believe. That's the justification for the Brown deal, that getting pennies on the dollar was worth it to fix the locker room. There are multiple problems with that theory, including the likelihood that the locker room hasn't really been fixed.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, first off you do like to argue. Even when you are all wrong. Second, you didn’t quote anyone as you usually do. And third it’s not unusual for your posts to make no sense.

That pretty well sums it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1