1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree on Mark Kaboly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, May 22, 2019.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

:lolol::facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bud has a point.....

3. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Bud is the worst. He sucks and is a dick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He's just offended because kaboly looks like the lineman that bud can never beat to get to the QB.. He's shook

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    honestly as a person who was born with fatassitis and don't have a choice in the matter and cannot control my eating, I take great offense to this.

#fatboysmatter

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not really, JuJu said it, which I have no problem with but Buds comment I’m sure is an embarrassment for the organization.

Bud needs to do better than that and I’m not a Bud basher by any means.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How do we know that Bud and Kaboly don't have that kind of a relationship? I'm sure they've spoken at length over the last 4 years.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well like I’ve always said....he talks way too much for someone who should worry more about having a effect on Ws and Ls...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cannot Fatboy be an affectionate term? That was my nickname all thru childhood. Tweets are so vague sometimes.
    Yeah, Bud put his foot in his mouth. Nothing good about his response.

10. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    You got T.Edmunds, DuPree, and now Chickillo all needing to get their social media fix in. It's like they just can't quit the crack pipe.

You want this to stop and stop now. It's time to shoot a hostage (do we have the balls?).

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to see all the Steelers players take the high road from here on out. Stay off social media. The best way to get into AB's head is to simply ignore him. He will self implode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bud the next to go?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    And of course I'm late to the party and the links busted because I would presume somebody said dumb shtuff and deleted it... Mofo's never learn and in this day and age with everybody getting sniped on the social media, you'd think there is pretty much tons of film study to get em up to snuff on the do's dont's and probably should not haves in that realm. Dumb asses I repeat DUMB ASSES!

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    All these poor social media decisions make me wonder if the organizations have as much control over players behavior as we fans would like to think? Seems to me the word respect has a different meaning to younger people than it does to me. My work certainly has say in what I do on company time, but away from work, not so much. I would assume it is the same in the NFL, and I would hate to see the lawsuits if it weren't. Respect seems to be more of the issue. In my work, what I post to social media could give people the wrong perception about my profession, so I respect my profession/employer enough not to do anything embarrassing. Some of the players don't seem to have enough respect for their employer to watch what they say. This is my take on it anyhow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That's asking a lot in today's world, to stay off social media. I just wish they would post about the Steelers or their own life. Nothing good comes from slamming another person in public. You would think that these players know what the consequences would be but I tend to forget that they are still pretty inexperienced in life.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Your last sentence sums it up.

They are rich spoiled kids playing with their toys.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nope. Apparently it was a great idea to keep him around until his 9.2 million became fully guaranteed. :facepalm:

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There are plenty of reasons to question paying Dupree $9.2 million for this season. A rude comment about a reporter on social media is not among them. I say this even though I'm a former reporter. I've met Mark and I think he's a good guy, but let's not get too crazy about this. The issue with Dupree is he's overpaid for his limited production, not some thoughtless tweet.

(To be fair, I'm guessing about the severity of the tweet because none of the folks here who saw it have bothered to post what he wrote. Could anybody who share what Dupree actually wrote with those of us who didn't see this until after the tweet was gone?)

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was something along the lines of: "There you go fatboy tryna start beef where theres none"

May not be exact wording (I just remember the "tryna") but the key points were a) he accused Kaboly of stirring stuff to make out Juju had an issue with AB and b) he called him fatboy.

@Roonatic alluded to it earlier, but it's not clear if the tweet was meant aggressively or was banter. To an extent intention doesn't really matter on social media, as it's going to be read as aggressive regardless. I suspect there are previous conversations or interactions that prompted Dupree to respond to Kaboly like that, but probably not things we'll ever know about.

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Really?! We're doggin these guys out for social media posts?

It's not just this generation that can't seem to get off the machine. Not to get too specific....

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Kaboly has tweeted back....

Dud you’re making money where there should be none...it’s your paycheck that’s too fat:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Back it up and show your worth $9.2 million, don't engage with a newspaper reporter. Dumb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My hope is Ola or Sutton Smith come in and play a role and make us forget about Dupree.

He better than Jarvis Jones however.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Thank you. It's not a great look, but still, the issue with Dupree is that he isn't very good and he's taking up way too much cap space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ouch

• Agree Agree x 1