1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Diontae Johnson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't say upper body strength doesn't matter. You're so busy trying to win you aren't even reading what you respond to correctly. I said the bench isn't a great test for what a receiver needs to do.

Actually, being a fanboy is the immaturity. Being able to love the team and still think critically about what they do is the sign of maturity.

You're trying to fool yourself into thinking Johnson is a viable replacement for Brown. Either you have no clue whatsoever about the game, you hate Brown too much to understand just how good he has been or you are allowing wishful thinking to blind you to reality.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You jumped into my conversation here. And you are the one who has jumped into conversations that didn't involve you previously just to engage in personal attacks on me. You're lying about that, too.

You are also clearly lying about the discussion regarding Leonard. I'm saying the Steelers should have taken him. Your claim that they weren't interested in him is irrelevant to my point. They should have liked him enough to take him, and his All-Pro production as a rookie proved as much. That they has to trade their first and second picks this year and a third-rounder next year to fill the hole they could have taken care of with an All-Pro last season just compounds the mistake. It doesn't even guarantee that the problem is solved because we don't know what Bush will do yet.

You keep trying to muddy the waters by talking about the Steelers' process, but it isn't relevant. They made the wrong call. That is backed up by the fact that Leonard earned All-Pro honors as a rookie. Leonard's accomplishments as a rookie are facts, not something only I believe. Your claim otherwise is just a long list of dishonest statements by you.

Your claim that I ran away from your point is a blatant lie, one you continue to repeat across multiple threads hoping that people will be ignorant enough to believe you.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fanboy is the label you gave me ding dong.

Show me where I said he is going to be just as good? I said I am hoping he can be because of the similarities.

Trying to win is your MO, your insecurity comes through in your posts all the time with needing to be right. Not only do you need to think you are right, you need everyone else to think you are right. It's why you can't handle when someone says agree to disagree. It's why this whole pissing contests started because you got embarrassed when I pointed out how close their mesurables are.

You said you really don't care about reps for a WR. Try being more honest. It matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That is some nice analysis
    tumblr_obklfa2R3Q1tm0eroo3_500.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Again...

You like him?! Sweet!! Guess what?!?!

[​IMG]

Kevin nor Tomlin have any sympathy towards what any of us fans like. Why?! They are the ones who are running the proverbial show. This also includes personnel decisions; drafting players doubly so and no less. Guess where Darius Leonard falls under?!?!

For one, if it is irrelevant, why has Tomlin been following the same process since 2007?! In that same vein, shouldn't then Steelers Owner Dan Rooney or even Art Rooney II have stated something by now if the way he scouts players are not just irrelevant but inefficient the same?! For two, how bad does Terrell Edmunds progress in 2019?! You must know since it was a bad pick right?!

No lies from yours truly. Only the ones you conjure up and attempt to make me believe in your own; a form of Reverse Psychology that will not work I am afraid. That being said though, keep having fun with those personel attacks of yours. Only proves to others in the community that, among the two of us, you are the one who is out of line here. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am being honest. It doesn't. Why would I be embarrassed by your fanboy delusions?

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You lie every time you claim I avoided your point. I've answered it many times. You just keep hoping somebody will be stupid enough to believe your lie the next time you repeat it.Calling you out for lying isn't a personal attack.

What is a personal attack is the way you jump into discussions that don't involve you and make snide remarks about me.

It's not reverse psychology. I'm honest. You are not. It's that simple.

Your claim that the Steelers weren't interested in Leonard does not refute my claim that they should have taken him. I don't think you are stupid enough to believe otherwise, so you just keep posting the same point you know is irrelevant hoping people will be foolish enough to listen to you.

I never claimed that the Steelers had any interest in Leonard at all. I said they were wrong to pass on him, and the facts back me up on that. They had the opportunity to draft a guy who earned All-Pro honors as a rookie at a position of desperate need. They passed so they could draft a guy who only started because the guy they had ahead of him got hurt, a player who really wasn't very good. That doesn't mean Edmunds can't be good, but Leonard is clearly better.

Those are facts that support my point. Those irrelevant details you keep posting do absolutely nothing to refute my point. Be honest for once and admit as much.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The prima donna part was spot on for sure.

Fact is, AB and Johnson are very similar but Johnson is better coming out of college than AB was. Despite someones consistent dishonesty, I've never said he would definitely go onto have the same type of success as AB, just that the traits are there to capitalize on and I'm excited about that. As I am about Bush and Laynes potential.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now go find the post in which I claimed you said Johnson would definitely go on to have the same type of success as Brown. It didn't happen.

What I said is you were deluding yourself into thinking he is a viable replacement with that kind of upside. Those are not the same thing. If you're going to point out dishonesty, look at AQL. He flat-out lies. There is no dishonesty in my posts and as a moderator, you should be better than to falsely claim otherwise.

12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Scouting report after scouting report had Johnson struggling with press coverage in college due to his lack of strength, but the team claims he's good at it while trying to justify an unpopular pick. But hey, swallow whatever they feed you, fanboys.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Their measurable are basically the same. I’m not sure why this is such a big argument. What you said above is totally reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think there's evidence where his quick feet are an absolute asset and get will blow by a press CB.

But I've seen where a corner gets a good punch and Johnson goes nowhere.

Both are on display in the Miami game. Everyone should go to YouTube and search Diontae Johnson vs Miami.

He finished the game with 119 yards and 2 TDs. I think he could have easily had 300 yards and 4 TDs.

What he does exceptional is on full display in that game. Unfortunately, the QB was inept and missed him wide open repeatedly. The game absolutely shows him getting pressed and stopped cold on a few occasions though.

Still the pros outweigh the cons.

If I had to guess he will have an ok rookie season. Maybe 500 yards and 2 or 3 TDs. Nothing outstanding.

But if Ben is healthy and still throwing a quality ball i definitely can see him as a 1000 yard receiver with big play potential.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The fanboys propping Johnson up as a viable option to replace Brown is not reasonable.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    if I have to give my opinion I think our offense is going to take a hit because of the lack of Brown. However, I feel our defense will take a step forward, and that combined with not forcing the ball to Brown +distractions, will make this team overall a better team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Scribe, spare me your lectures, don't ever fancy yourself the adult in the room until you grow up. Your abusive treatment of other board members is getting tiresome so don't go throwing being a moderator in my face.

AQL is a good board member who actually contributes positively and treats people with respect. I have not noticed him lying.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    And yet you have been presented with several reports with a conflicting pov from the initial scouting reports by reputable sources that have no link to the team which you are dismissing as irrelevant because you don't share the opinion. You are attacking anyone that choses to look critically at both sides and say I view this evidence as more weighted than predraft reports that may have overlooked this player and slanted their assessment more conservativly in order to cover up the fact that they didn't do due diligence before grading the player and calling them gullible fan boys. Seems to me that this is part and parcel of how you operate. If we don't swallow what you are selling as gospel, you make claims and call names .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah I don’t know if Johnson will be replicating AB’s Numbers anytime soon. Who knows though? That’s why it’s fun to watch the games and watch some of these guys develop.

I personally wouldn’t label Blast as a fanboy at all. He’s just a guy trying to be optimistic and hoping his favorite team does well. I’m sure he’s just pouring it on a little extra thick since you’re being so negative about the pic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think the issue of Roethlisberger forcing the ball to Brown was overrated. I think Brown did far more to open things up for everybody else by drawing attention from opposing defense than anybody seems to want to admit.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, AQL presented one report and the "evidence" that backed up the report was one GIF. I made fun of that evidence for what it is. Mark Malone once caught a 90-yard touchdown pass. Does that mean the Steelers' real mistake with him was not converting the guy to wide receiver?

Anybody claiming that Johnson is a viable replacement for Brown deserves the fanboy label. I point out that AskQuestionsLater is lying when he lies. That is not name-calling. If I called him a liar, that would be name-calling. The precise use of language matters.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My 0.2 cents....chances of him becoming AB are probably pretty slim but who cares. Let's just give him a chance and see what he can do and let him be DJ. Let's see where that gets us. Chances are he isn't gonna have the same opportunity of playing with a franchise QB for as long as AB did. I'm rooting hard for Mason though. There are too many variables that go into having the special connection Ben and AB had that will be hard to duplicate. Doesn't mean he can't be successful and help us win. We'll find out soon enough.

I'd like to see cooler heads prevail in this thread. It's probably gone on long enough ( but I'm no MOD).
    There are false narratives, not so hidden agendas and flawed logic taking place in both of the Diontae threads IMO.
    I may be guilty of some of that as well (second thought....not !:smiley1:) . We're all here for the same reason and opinions are like.....you know the rest. The pessimist and cynic in me guarantees there's gonna be a lot more to fight and complain about when the games start for real. TGIF fellas.... have a beer, go see Endgame(Awesome)
    or whatever it is you do to relax. Have a great weekend guys/gals. Go STEELERS!!

• Like Like x 2
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Please don't subscribe to the " force the ball to Brown" hullabaloo. If it were true wouldn't that reflect bad on the " unquestioned leader" not doing what's best for the team? What kind of leader would that be? I don't know why it's so hard for some to believe they benefited greatly from each other. Was Jerry Rice more important than Joe Montana because Rice was great with Steve Young too. ( I think that makes sense?:hmm:Football is the ultimate team sport. If we want to argue who made who on offense,we shoukd start and end with the OL. Ben's career would of been over years ago without one of the best OLs in the league. Haley deserves some credit too,if we're being honest. It's like I said in other posts. There too many variables involved to give one player the credit for everything. ( Yes even TB12):hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1