1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How do YOU Grade the Steelers Draft and Why?.. Poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Apr 28, 2019.

1. A

7.0%
  2. A-

15.1%
  3. B+

16.3%
  4. B

24.4%
  5. B-

17.4%
  6. C+

5.8%
  7. C

9.3%
  8. C-

2.3%
  9. D

2.3%
  10. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes that stat is correct. The INTs Shazier out up in the pros were a nice unexpected surprise.

But as far as being a play maker, I'm just not sure if Bush can get there. Let's hope though

2. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    last time I talk about this, Bush is no Shazier so stop w the comparison,

Shazier had unique talent, Bush is his own player. He is not meant to be the next Shazier. He will never replace Shazier. He was brought in because he can be an upgrade to what we currently have with his speed and versatility and his own skill set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody they draft is going to replace Shazier, but Bush might be able to produce a few more turnovers in the NFL. He's also a good blitzer.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah no :poopy: Sherlock

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I give the draft an A. I started a thread called ILB - Nothing Else Matters. The Steelers did what they had to do to get a quality ILB.

Added depth to WR, RB, TE, and OL.

Helped out special teams.

Pulled in some other defensive depth.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I don't see any F's yet. SDOT, Did you vote?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    A+. They didn't forget to make any picks. No idea how any of these guys will turn out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He voted C. Kind of strange after the other thread he started about this being the worst draft in years.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    its about making the statement to target guys that create turnovers because we were lacking that and then not going after that and spending a chit load to not do it. especially on a guy that didn't have the numbers shazier had in college.

this cat is peppers that the browns picked and everybody wanted him so badly at that time. a can't miss, must have talent they thought. well he was so average the browns dumped him. i didn't like him and bush isn't close to him either so i'm not seeing why he's a cant miss for us.

troy was 10 times the player this guy is and we didn't spend near that to move to get him. i will never like this pick. the turnovers are not there and the solo tackles are not there. yea he's fast and unblocked he looks good but in the nfl they will block him. ohio state showed the great michigan defense wasnt that great. there bowl game showed the same. now we expect more in the pro game? not seeing it and especially for what he cost.

shazier had some safety in his game and so did peppers, this kid don't. i won't even get into vince williams and dupree that this teams heads think are so good. barron, nelson and buggs better have great years or we haven't improved nothing. i'm usually the last guy to think we wont be better with our new additions but this draft wasn't our finest hour. i'm sticking with a C and hoping i am wrong. :cool:

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t think you can grade it until a few years from now.
    Who’s gonna make the team and contribute?

Just look at some of the draft picks that don’t ever get on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol: considering I gave it a B- and overall am optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I agree Mac, his college stats arent impressive at all, not many tackles only 7 passes defensed in 3 years and only 1 int, I see nothing that screams out to trade 3 picks to move up to get him, now he has to play against bigger, stronger, faster players in the nfl with nothing on his resume that says he will be anything more than average at this level.......

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think he had 10 passes defended but, yea 1 turnover caused in 3 seasons. the solo tackles stand out too. not good for your defensive ace. :cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We'll find out if it was worth it but the compensation really wasn't a lot for getting into the top 10. 1st rd pick is a swap so really only gave up a 2nd and 3rd. If they had given up next years 1st, I would not be happy with the move.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He had 11 career PDs but only 4 last year and only 91 career solo tackles, I guess they see something special about bush, but I just dont see it....

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Bush and Shazier played in two entirely different defensive schemes and were both asked to do different things. Bush will be good!

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You guys act like I don't want this draft to be amazing and I haven't constantly defended Colbert on multiple forums saying he's the best GM in the NFL.

C is our worst draft in years. Last 4 drafts.. Like 30 players. I think only 4 or 5 aren't in the NFL still in some capacity. I don't see that being the case with this draft. Given how deep the draft was and we lost two elite players and only had 1 pick in 2 rounds and 3 in 3. While losing #1 WR and Top 5 RB. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. We filled a huge need that has the potential to be a pro bowler. Although I don't think he's the WR we need right now, I'm sure Johnson will be solid. Snell might be pretty good. Outside of that it's going to take a lot of luck.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    A second-round pick is a very high price. Teams don't give those away easily.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    B-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...l-32-nfl-teams/ss-BBWmhAU?ocid=ientp#image=28

This dude gave us a B+ in an objective point of view. not that it matters but usually these draft grades score us much lower.

Can't moan about the team not trying for defense when it clearly showed they wanted a playmaker in the middle of the field. Then drafting a bruiser back, underrated WR, and a corner who can maybe start. TE was whatever but it looks like a jesse replacement.

Sure we could've had better players but like Heinz said this is all a crapshoot and Steelers selected players that should theoretically fit our system.

combine last year with this year and it looks like we should gel on paper. We will see

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    B with a possibility of going to A range if Bush turns out to be a dominant player and Layne a solid outside corner.
    Was gonna say the same thing. I like this draft a lot, except for the TR pick. Wish we would have gotten the LSU TE Moreau who went to Raiders a few picks before. Solid B draft w potential to go higher for me

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m sorry but C grade doesn’t line up with your post of “ worst draft in years. It will set us back if years”

Plus I thought you were boycotting the NFL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ok, who they drafted.. It's a F imo but I'm giving it's a C because I have faith in the Steelers scouting/drafting. C is the worst draft in years to me. We got 3 pro bowlers, solid back up QB, and serviceable DB in 2017 and "experts" rated it as "average" But they love this draft? We might have got 1 pro bowler and 2 starters from this draft which is a huge drop off from 2017 which I loved btw.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to get into the top 10

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For those that think the Steelers paid a steep price to trade up, the Chiefs gave up a 3rd and the following years 1st to move up to #10 to draft Mahomes. Steelers gave up a 2nd and 3rd.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1