1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers LB Devin Bush

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Cannot find the Twitter post, but his number is supposedly #55.

UPDATE:

• Like Like x 2
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Here's hoping he makes at least one tackle against Bell in the Jets game for a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Also the Tight Ends have to wear numbers in 80's

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Doubtful as Bell most likely won't even make it to week 16 without getting injured.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll start with the fact Swann and couldn’t carry Greene and Lambert’s jock straps. We’re talking 2 HOF members who were some of the best ever at their position vs 2 guys who made a few pro bowls.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nope. They just sat back and waited and took a receiver who probably had no business being taken in the third round.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Here you go again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, that honest, objective analysis I bring to the discussion just disrupts the rhythm around here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Just like how you still could not explain how Darius was supposed to be the pick last year at #28 even though there was evidence against it? For that matter, you still have not explained if Pittsburgh had any interest in Leonard either. People are still awaiting that rebuttal you know. It has been a year. At least you owe those people some explanation.

Like Blast told you. Believe what you want. Pittsburgh and the Rooneys have done this far longer than you or I could comprehend. The Rooney's have a good track record. Listening to "hot takes" is what gets you franchise's like the Cleveland Browns or even the New York Jets.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You say that as if I have been ducking the issue on Leonard, which is not true. As usual, you rely on lying to try to make a point, and yet you fail anyway.

The issue was never if the Steelers had any interest in Leonard. The point is that they should have and he should have been their first-round pick last season. They had a desperate need at inside linebacker and they passed on Leonard, who then became an All-Pro as a rookie. Instead they took a lower-rated player in Edmunds. Last season's results made it clear that was a bad call. Leonard is already an All-Pro. Edmunds has a long way to go to establish himself as a quality starter. The Steelers blew it on that pick. Call it hindsight if you want, though it isn't, but the result is clear.

It's not about hot takes. Once again, that is you lying. If you want to play fanboy and thoughtlessly praise everything the Steelers do, at least own it. I can love the team and still see when they screw up. You don't seem to do that very well.

Oh, and this draft makes last year's decision to pass on Leonard even worse, because it cost them a second-rounder this year and a third-rounder next year to move up to get Bush. I like the player, but that is a price the Steelers wouldn't have had to pay if they made the right call in Round 1 a year ago.

Also, you act as if the Rooneys are one monolithic being that has controlled the team since the 1930s. All due love and respect to the Chief, but he certainly didn't run his team well for nearly four decades. It was under Dan Rooney's direction that the Steelers finally became something. That doesn't mean Art Rooney II knows what he is doing.

Sometimes they are wrong. You may want to learn to accept that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You are the one who consistenly detested the pick. In addition, you are the one who pounded the table after the fact that Darius was the pick. In short?! Contradicting yourself and using terms such as "lying" seems to give you more leverage due to the fact that, it is not because you do not have any leverage. It is because that leverage never existed.

Be that is it may, that in it of itself is not the here nor there. I am done with this silly farce. Every pick that the Steelers select that you do not seem to like, uniformed at that, is a bad one.

Believe what you will as many on this site have told you! Have fun doing so! :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Silly me. The Steelers made the wrong choice with Edmunds and I said so at the time. What was I thinking?

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    All that said, I do like what they got in Bush and Layne. I'm far from sold on Johnson, but they have had some success drafting receivers, so I can at least talk myself into hoping that pick works out, too.

14. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Never get to crazy about 40 time..... Alls it takes is one little flinch and it throws it off.... OBJ 40 time at combine was 4.42 and everyone was freaking out how slow it was.... He really runs a projected 40 in low 4.3

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Why are people avoiding the discussion of the Lisfranc injury again?! That makes no sense to me. Players, Wide Receivers doubly and no less, need to plant their foot upon breaks a lot. That yields high levels of stress and tension on the ligaments, tendons and bones. Not a fun surgery to go through; recovery no less.

Lisfranc is easily one of the worst injuries any Wide Receiver could have; neck injuries and knee injuries being the other two. Nevermind that though. Lamar could not throw a duck. How are they supposed to use Marquis if Lamar cannot throw the deep ball again?! :lolol:

Makes zero sense to me. Now, had Baltimore would have drafted A.J. Brown, that would have beem different. He would have caused COLOSSAL problems. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Boykin actually worries more than Hollywood. But once again they have Lamar. Maybe he gets better but accuracy issues just don't seem to go away.

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Actually I was referring to the “White is a little faster than a tad over Bush”.I agree that the 40 time is overrated at times but they were basically the same.I’ve been a Michigan fan for 45 years and Bush is the real deal and in my opinion one of the best inside linebackers they’ve ever had.He’s every bit as fast as White if you watch the tape and his tackling ability is better.Coverage skills go to White but Bush is not under average in that department either.He’s the prototype of today’s ILB, smaller but faster than previously sought after.

• Like Like x 1
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Are you able to remove the Leonard part and view the drafting of Bush with out letting your feelings on what you feel should have happened last year with what did happen and the move to draft Bush?

19. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The Steelers apparently agree with you because supposedly they had a first round grade on Johnson. The Steelers seem to know what they are doing when they draft WRs so maybe give the kid a chance before writing him off because you didn't mock him correctly.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He still has not answered the question many have asked him in terms of Pittsburgh showing immense interest in Leonard. For that matter, he still has yet to give a reason as to how Leonard would have been a schematic fit. To top it all off, Pittsburgh was attempting to trade up for RaShaan Evans last season. The only trading partner at the time was Detriot. They likely wanted a 1st, 2nd and one of the threes. It did not work out.

In short?! Not likely.

People need to realize that placing need ovet value is DEADLY. For that matter, Colbert has stated this in back to back years already; after the selection of Edmunds as mortgaging the future for one player is not worth doing and during his Monday Pre Draft Conference when he stated that value is always predicated over need.

One final tibit regarding that. Could anyone trust someone like Morgan Burnett to stay healthy a full season?! For that matter, who was playing alongside Sean Davis to start the 2018 NFL Regular Season?! Who played a full season at that?!

I can imagine that, without Terrell Edmunds, Pittsburgh could be worse than 9-7 as there would have been no contingency plan at Strong Safety had he not been selected. We already tried that will Jordan Dangerfield in microbursts. Marcus Allen may be but his athletic limitations would have gotten exposed BADLY.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Bush is soaking up his first few days as a Steeler on social media. I love it!

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why would I take it out of its proper context? That would be stupid and pointless.

And those aren't my feelings on what should have happened. There is no question that taking Leonard was the better path. None. The only people arguing are fanboys who can't bring themselves to question the team, those who pumped up the choice of Edmunds and can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong or a combination of both.

The high price the Steelers had to pay for Bush just makes passing on Leonard last year look even worse.

That said, given that mistake was already made, I do like that they saw a player they felt could fill that huge need and made the aggressive move to take him. I thought the price was a little high, but maybe I'm just not used to the price of trading up for a top 10 pick. It's not like that's something we see as Steelers fans.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Leonard filled a need and provided a better value than Edmunds and the latter isn't even close. Your argument on that point is ridiculously flawed.

Whether the Steelers had a great interest in Leonard or not is irrelevant. The point is that they should have had the interest and they should have taken him over Edmunds. The schematic fit is just you trying to muddy the waters. Leonard was an All-Pro as a rookie. Edmunds was a below-average part-time starter, and only that because the guy ahead of him couldn't stay healthy.

You're also assuming the Steelers would have made no other move at safety if they didn't take Edmunds in the first round, which is both dishonest and stupid. One reason they didn't spend draft capital on the position later or sign another veteran backup is that they had already taken a safety in the first round.

I answered the arguments you raised earlier. You just can't counter my arguments, so you like and claim that they don't exist.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Care to explain why didn't Pittsburgh bring the house to South Carolina State's Pro Day then?! Still awaiting your response. Strike one.

:hmm:

Strike Two.

Contradiction of your second strike. However, that in it of itself is unimportant. Here is the final pieces of the puzzle that are:

1.)

Biggest point of all; one I have already showcased against you no less.

2.)

Strike three.

[​IMG]

In short?!

Stop using Devin Bush Jr. as a scapegoat because Darius Leonard was not picked last season. This is about Devin Bush Jr and only him. No one else.

For that matter, stop acting as if Terrell Edmunds is a guaranteed bust. Whether you can accept it or not, he got better as the season went on. His set of Circumstances did not help as stated before.

Side note:

ENOUGH.

OF.

THE.

INSULTS.

It is bad enough you cannot accept the information presented when in a debate itself. It is even worse that name calling and reverse psychology are your only means of a rebuttal in a debate. You REALLY believe you have won due to those two means of debating alone?!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Boykin?! Didn't he have focus issues?! I thought he did at times.

Either way, same story. Unless Lamar gets better throwing the football, expect more of the same. :lolol: