1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers LB Devin Bush

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Jackson and Brown will be no Roethlisberger and Brown (AB).

Jackson has no accuracy so I'm not really worried about down the field throws from that duo.

Hollywood is 166 lbs with a bad wheel. He's much more John Ross than Desean Jackson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I love that we now have Devin Bush. I think the price was steep, but the draft may fall the right way for us to grab a 2nd round talent at pick #66.

As I’ve said in other threads, I think he can excel as a sub package LB immediately. I’m not sure how impactful he’ll be as a 1st down LB, but we will find out soon because he’s going to start and be staying on the field for all 3 downs very early next season.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Holy Cow!!

YOU actually like this pick?!?! :eek:

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Like it?! Sure!

Love it?! Somewhat after the draft trade details have been released. Some say that it was too much. Others think it was just fine given the circumstances. I fall some Personally speaking though, I do not think so at all. Pittsburgh will recoup that third rounder in 2020 anyway. The second round pick will be interesting for certain. Cannot essentially give up a King's Ransom to kick back into Round 2.

It all depends though on how today the boars breaks. Lots of talent to be had. More importantly and, as I said;

It is all about finding the right trading partner. :herewego:

5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Anybody who is upset and bitching about moving up to pick bush why don't u become a giants fan.. They had a good first round

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Can bet on a WR with one of those 3rd rounders.

7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I would have moved up for white but not bush.......... There is a huge gap between the 2 but I hope I am wrong...... plus i am not crazy about a guy that sits out in the bowl game with no injury...

8. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    White is more than a tad faster......

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There's not much difference from Steelers current low 3rd round pick from Raiders and the 2nd pick they gave up to Broncos. Have to say... Colbert and Tomlin did well with this. Steelers should stay put and keep the picks they still have.

10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    There’s definitely 1st year impact potential with Bush.I’m not saying he’s going to be a perennial all pro but this is the best 1st round pick besides Watt at a need position in years.At 10 and what we gave up to get him he’d better be.I know it’s early in his career as this year will say a lot but I still think the Edmunds pick was a reach in the first round last year and could of Been had in the second or third last year.Bush doesn’t miss tackles and in college showed what a good point of impact player he is.The Michigan defensive coach had so much confidence in him in pass coverage that they let him cover receivers in wide sets.White is the better coverage LB no doubt but coverage skills with Bush are not a negative as with solid coaching he will only get better.Best blitzing inside linebacker in the draft as you will see.Watched this kid develop over the last few years and it was a pick management couldn’t pass up. Love the pick and am confident he won’t be a bust like some other first round picks we’ve had in the last six years.He can be on the level with Shazier and I’d be ecstatic about that.

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Steelers' offseason moves have been really encouraging. Losing AB as we did sucked but the rest of the team is MUCH better. Our defense should be vastly improved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hoping it was a straight jacket and it only comes off game time, then put back on after.

13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I mean, look at this cat: he's amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Now I'm thinking of "The Road Warrior", where the Dog of War was on a chain leash to keep him under control.

15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Very happy. Front 7 looks good and there's at least hope the secondary will be better. Need some O depth at RB/WR/TE but that should be easy with two 3s and a 4 (66,83,122). They can throw all the darts they want with the last 5 picks.

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I LOVE Bush.. Devin is pretty cool as well :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When I saw we moved up to 10, I was fearful that it was costing us next years first rd because thats all you head leading up to the draft, they'd have to pay a kings ransom to move up that much.

I'm fine with what they did give up. The 1st is a wash so essentially a 2nd and 3rd rd pick. I'd be shocked if Colbert doesn't move back into the second tonight, maybe packaging the AB picks. Then the only thing its costing is next years 3rd which they likely recoup with a comp for Bell.

I think if Colbert does that, he comes out smelling like roses. Especially if Bush is the player they think he is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    There was a lot of talk if Murphy or Baker would fall to us at 20, and both were available if we stayed at 20, and would not have lost any picks. Murphy and Haden on the outside would have been nice.

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Exactly this.

I wasn't for moving up to 10 to get Bush.

However, if Colbert plays this right, navigating the board and drafting quality players, then it works out fine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They gave Nelson a relatively big contract to play opposite Haden though, any CB they took was going to have to sit. The fact that all the CB’s dropped tells us that the teams may have thought it was a weaker class anyway.

For the Steelers ILB was a bigger need and Bush can hopefully contribute out the gate.

They’ll probably trade up in to the second again using some later picks. This is the one year they can definitely afford to trade up. They may still get a very good corner along the way.

21. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018

Can't confirm anyplace else.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

It will likely happen. Who knows what position Pittsburgh is trying to slot itself into? Nevermind that, which player?! My guess though would be to acquire theb Byron Murphy, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Nasir Adderly, Justin Layne, Greedy Williams or even Sean Bunting.

I would assume one of the two are in play. Having both of those third round picks will assuredly assist. Question remains is how high they go?! We shall soon see.

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I trust Colbert's abilities when it comes to drafting. Colbert sure is not a Howie Roseman in terms of aggressiveness but he is not a Marvin Lewis in terms of evaluating the character of a player either.

He has scored two home runs in Troy and Santonio. Third time could truly be charm. Time will tell though.

24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I dont give to ****s about cincy. I would've liked to have William's but wasnt gonna trade up in front of jets to get him. I hope I am wrong about him. I pray.lol i just can see some bust potential in him

25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Derrick Brooks relation huh?
    I see the Tomlin connection.