1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers LB Devin Bush

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Better move up and draft Paris Campbell now to chase marquis Brown down the field. Can Paris play defense? :smiley1::cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm happy with the pick. I'm happy they went after who they really wanted / needed.

Welcome to the Black and Gold, Devin! :dfense::herewego:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That worked well enough to get a championship

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone who follows the Draft forum knows how critical I was of Bush pre-combine.

I never saw this explosive athleticism and I thought he was more of a friend's 1st or early 2nd.

He looked great at the combine and based on everything I read I bumped him up in my standings.

I was not in favor of trading up to 10 for him but I acknowledged the whole way he would never make it to #20.

If the Steelers feel confident he is the guy to rally our defense around I will hope for the best.

The Michigan defense is weird and I'll acknowledge I've had trouble evaluating players from it. There never seems to be a standout and everyone just always appear to have mediocre production.

We just need to make sure Bush okays aggressive and trust his instincts.

The tape isn't amazing but gotta hope that athleticism can make him shine. If he turns into a stud the trade up won't matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Love this pick. He may be 5'11 but he plays much bigger than that. His on field speed is outstanding. Just a great player and SO happy to have him in Black and Gold. He and Watt are going to play hell on offenses!

Sucks to not have a 2nd rounder right now, there is SO much talent on this board still. Hope they move up again.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And of course AB is cheering his cousin going to the Rats. What a pr*ck.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Once you move up in the first round it's very doubtful it happens again the rest of the draft.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I like that they traded up for their guy. Failing to do so has been a big problem in recent years. That said, I think the price was too high. I can't help but think they might have been better off with one of the corners at 20 instead of giving up the two this year and a three next year to move up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Upgrade at WR is critical right now because we still have to replace AB's production ..Hakeem Butler & Mecole Hardman. Safety would be next in need ..Juan Thornhill. But if Chase Winovich is on the board, scoop him up...

10. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    We got 8 picks left, we just need 3 or 4 more good players. Use the other 4 picks to trade up. Definitely trade up into the 2nd round...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Who here doesn't like Bush?

I'm glad the Ratbirds or Bungles didn't get him.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    https://www.steelers.com/video/tomlin-colbert-analyze-devin-bush

I notice Colbert selling hard on the idea that having that high pick in the third round was super important because it allowed them to trade away their No. 2. I guess I can't blame him for trying to use the deal tonight to justify that dumpster fire.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome aboard DB. Get to work in that NFL weight room so you can take it and dish it out.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You are correct, Michigan's defense is extremely hard to follow. Being a Hawkeye, I can't stand Michigan, so when I was cheering for us to pick Bush, that is quite a statement from me. He didn't impress me until I watched him against Notre Dame. I saw some skills he had that were natural that other guys have to work for and sometimes still don't achieve. This is why I wanted him over White. What I really like about him is his ability to recover from a bad angle or a mistake, but he seems to have a good nose for the football.

15. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Only 11 missed tackles his entire collegiate career.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    Devin White may be an inch taller & tad faster, but he misses too many tackles. Devin Bush is a more sure tackler...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    fuc yeah..pick a number Bush so I can get your Jersey..let's go!

18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Exactly! The knock on him is his size but he’s only an inch shorter than White and the length of his arms is only 1/8 th shorter.Negligible to me as nobody talks about White’s size.Michigan fan here so I am a little biased but most of teams in the league had him rated a hair behind White after the combine who went fourth in the draft.Happy with the pick as he is no project for once and will make an impact during the first season.Not crazy about giving up a two in the deal but there was no one even close to White and Bush at ILB and Bush would of went before 20 and possibly at 11 to the Bungles.

19. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    dislike is not what I would say. I don't like him at 10 because I feel like we gave up 2 potential starters to get him. seems like a great kid and a football junkie. for me, he disappeared a lot but I am not a big Michigan watcher so that may not be fair. He is a steeler now so I love him.

I am not sure who we felt would pick him before us but obviously with the high 3rd rd pick we felt we could give up the 2nd. only thing for me is now, we cant miss on anyone with the next 5 picks.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s almost undoubtable that the Bengals would have picked him as a Burfict replacement. I don’t like the cost of the pick, but we’ve got a highly touted player AND stung Cincy in process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This is a good pick on paper and hopefully he works out.

It was a lot to give up but the Steelers can use pick 3a and some later round picks to get back in to the second round and grab a good CB or WR if they want. They’ll also have a compensatory third round selection next year for Bell all going well so you could argue that they were in a position to do it with minimal impact. If Bush is a stud we won’t care anyway.

Best of luck to the young man, everything points to him being a success in a glaring position of need. I’m delighted with the pick personally.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome aboard Devin, show us what you got.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They had the stones to move up, props to that. This pick was sorely needed to solidify the middle and put Williams back on the bench.

Now hopefully they can move Dupree to secure back a 2nd round pick.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    who cares what AB thinks. I'm more worried about Jackson and brown, which we have nobody to keep up with him running down the field.:cool:

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    who cares what AB thinks. I'm more worried about Jackson and brown, which we have nobody to keep up with him running down the field.:cool: