1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Tickets (need help)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Apr 18, 2019.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    So I now I can go through ticket exchange or seat geak and so on but is there ever a chance to buy directly from the Steelers before the tickets hit the aftermarket and prices increase? I know the chances are slim but its worth a shot to buy them for face value

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, they do sell a limited number, in July I think. Many are single tickets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    I'm a season ticket holder that lives no where near the city. If you PM your information I have no problem selling them for what I paid for them.

• Like Like x 4
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I'm in a similar sort of boat. I've decided to finally take the plunge and fly over from England to watch a game this season.

I'm aiming for the Bills game in Week 15, then doubling up with Jets away in Week 16. I'm also trying to get to as many NHL/AHL games as I can in the meantime (Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit at a push, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Hershey etc).

Will I be safe holding off until the NHL/AHL schedule comes out to put together the last few details, or should I go all out for the tickets to Buffalo & NYJ and just hope for the best?

6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I buy right when the go on sale directly from the steelers and never have had an issue. I would not buy on the secondary market unless you do not buy day 1 and get a seat you like. Also if there is a season ticket holder willing to sale to you, but you can basically pick any seat if you are on right when they go on sale.

7. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd be interested in purchasing if you're serious

8. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Do you know what day they go on sale

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You can buy single game tickets a limited number go on sale directly to the public usually in July. The prices are slightly more because of ticketmaster bs fees that get tacked on over what the face value is for a Steelers season ticket holder.

If you play the wait it out game you some times can get tickets cheaper. So much factors into it. What is the Steelers record, what is the weather that day, who are they playing. Is it a day game, night game.

So much factors into it if a price goes below face value or above face value.

10. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I would also be interested

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    TICKETS

If you can handle it

Sometimes The week of the game the steelers release lower level tickets on ticketmaster

I think They are tickets that the family members don't use

That's what I do

One trip we were in section 141 or something and sat next to lagarrette blounts gf and kids and Chris johnsons family

Kinda cool and much cheaper if you can handle waiting that long for tickets

You can also buy the 500 level section tix when they go on sale in June. You need to go for the less desirables game, but at least they are face value before Ticketmaster fees.

Ticketmaster Ticketexchange and StubHub and probably most reliable and safest way to get tickets. Although u usually pay a little more for them there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Friday

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-to-put-individual-tickets-on-sale/

13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  14. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    I was told not to get pricing until June... interesting.

15. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Didn't update my inbox.. Have pricing sorry about that... Everyone who was curious is getting a Private message.

Just to give everyone a heads up. Spoke to Ticketmaster.
    its 20% in fees + 7.95 electronic print out(which is optional).
    ^that's insane

Last edited: May 1, 2019