1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

F Brown!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Apr 7, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    scribe is on the money

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Somebody please explain to me the difference between a cap hit and salary......isn't the cap hit money we already paid out......MAKING IT HIS SALARY????? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Given the amount of money these teams generate, the cap hit should be the issue. If the Steelers' desire to get out of paying him for 2019 was a significant issue, then Rooney needs to be raked over the coals for being cheap.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rooney said he didn't see AB being back next year shortly after the season ended.

They were done with him. That meeting between Rooney and AB was probably more about trading him than finding a way for him to remain on the team.

Theres nothing to accept. You have your opinion we have ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not wanting to pay a guy 21 million or whatever it was to purposely sit him st home isn’t being cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    After reading Fowler's article on that meeting it sounds more and more like AB trying to point the finger away from his behavior and more at Tomlin and Ben.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rosenhaus and Brown are full of crap, one of their criteria's was to go to a winning organization, the Raiders were 4-12 last season :facepalm:. They wanted a team that was going to give him more guaranteed money, AB cares about his stats and money.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    And mine is correct.

Going into Week 17, none of this was happening. There was not even a hint of Brown wanting out. There had been moments of him acting like a jackass, but no real sign what happened this offseason. From that moment on, Brown beat the Steelers. He wanted more guaranteed money and he knew the team wouldn't cave. Remember, he tried before. So he forced his way out, got everything he wanted and weakened the Steelers in the process.

The team messed it up every step of the way from the end of the season, including Rooney's comments.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you are stuck taking the same cap hit either way and you are hurting the team by moving him, yes, it is cheap.

Also, you're assuming Brown would have actually held out or sat out during the season. Everybody keeps assuming that because of what Bell did, but Brown's situation was drastically different. He was still under contract for multiple seasons and he is older.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Don't try and explain to him he is lost when it comes to what real money and cap hit is. For some reason he feels like the cap hit wasn't real money when in reality it sure was.....even worse it was a signing bonus. 7,040,000 x 3 = 21,120,000 which we paid already and are gonna get charged since we traded him Now if he would of stayed he would have counted 22,135,000 which is broke down like this. 12,625,000 salary, 7,040,000 pro rated sign bonus, 2,500,000 roster bonus. You are right in what you are saying about the cap number was gonna count the same....with it all being "real" money.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep telling yourself that buddy :lolol:

You are also wrong about when AB wanted out. You forgot about his little quip about "trade me, find out" earlier in the season.

He also went AWOL 3 times during the season, not to mention his erratic behavior like throwing things off balconies, excessive driving, threatening reporters. Steelers were sick of his ****. There was no way AB could stay here, Steelers needed him gone and picked up some additional firepower in the draft.

You keep acting like they got rid of AB from 5 years ago. This AB was a cancer. Steelers won. You can keep telling yourself whatever you want.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wrong

14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Blast you are 1000 percent correct.
    This was not the AB from a few seasons ago.
    Another thing I don't believe has been talked about is how the sports world NOW views him.
    He has been absolutely blasted lately.This guy has MAJOR character flaws that have been nationally brought into light,not to mention
    the two faced egomaniac he seems to be.This AB was not a teammate ,just a guy on the team. Just another T.O in my book.
    All the talent in the world,just not much between the ears!! Steelers do Win

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Just MHO, but in having productive discourse, you need to learn the difference between presenting a point supported by persuasive argument, and simply stating your view is correct repeatedly.

I can agree to disagree. This seems difficult for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    BB - We want to show we are here, dedicated to this team, dedicated to having a great season. We are all about each other.

Has AB, LB, anyone brought this up yet?

Gonna be interesting year. Bring home #7.

Go Steelers!!!

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This seems to be a common theme for him. Why that is I have not the foggiest. Steelers clearly won this. The whole "bad precedent" noise is former NFL Players believing their own beliefs vehemently... hold on....

.... Wait a second!!... this sounds TOO familiar. Something is a miss here!

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Haha shots fired!

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm telling everybody the truth. He has made noise before, too, but it was meaningless. The same is true of the "trade me, find out" thing, which was an angry reaction to a former PR guy with the team supposedly not giving him enough respect.

Excessive driving?

He forced his way out to get more money. The Steelers let it happen to the detriment of the team. They caved. They proved any player who wants a new deal and thinks he can get it elsewhere can just throw a tantrum and get his way. They lost in every measurable way.

My point of view is based on things we can measure. We can measure his production, which is still elite. We can measure the contract situation before and after his hissy fit. We can measure the piddling return they got in the trade. We can measure the weakened state of the Pittsburgh offense without him.

Your point is based on guesswork about what might have happened in the locker room.

Oh, and the part about Brown of five years ago is ridiculous. Less than two years ago at the end of the 2017 season, he was still clearly the best receiver in the game and nobody was saying much of anything else. The livestream thing passed quickly. People like you seem surprised and hurt now that he turned out to be a me-first punk. That was clear for a long time, but it didn't stop him from being the best in the game at his position and among the top 10 players in the league, and that was a status he definitely even just one year ago.

As I said, you are entitled to continue to be wrong, but you may want to present things more accurately. It would help you present your points more effectively.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've been saying that since long before the former players turned on Brown. I was posting it before the trade, almost from the beginning of the discussion of possibly moving on from Brown. Once again, you are making things up to support a weak attack on me. Go back to posting puppy pictures. You don't make particularly good points with those, either, but at least the pictures are cute.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree to disagree when the other side has merit. My side has factual support, which I have presented. The other side has speculation.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There's no guess work, you're just choosing to ignore common sense. Do you really believe the seeds of being traded weren't already in AB's head when he made that comment? Talk about ridiculous.

2 years ago his problems were starting to surface with the live stream incident, so five years ago was an accurate statement. Thanks for proving my point. You've always downplayed the affects a problem player has on a team. The Steelers apparently disagree with you considering they got rid of him when he was under contract. His quitting on the team was the last straw. You don't think thats a big deal either. Again, Steelers disagree with you or he'd still be on the team.

Your problem is you keep trying to separate the talent from the baggage. His talent no longer justified the baggage. Know why that's not guessing? Because he's not on the team.

Excessive driving, excessive speeding. Whatever. Point was clear for most people.

In the end, the Steelers got rid of a cancer that they wanted gone and got a couple of draft picks in the process.

You're entitled to continue to think you are right, we all need our fantasies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No, you're assigning all of your points factual, even though some are speculation. Others are grounded in short-term benefit/loss, then you extrapolate to long term view. Any statistician, or logician for that matter, will explain the potential folly in that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1